Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 4:59 AM
Disappearing Objects?
Okay so I've been playing the Sims 4 with some friends and we started noticing that things were gone, starting with our computers and TV, and eventually (through leaving and returning to the lot for various reasons) we noticed the lamps, sinks, and chairs were missing as well. It happens to random objects whenever I return to our lot. At first we thought it might be a feature we didn't know about but I couldn't find anything related to that. We checked our household inventory, each inventory of the Sims, and checked the logs for any robberies or something of the sort. We haven't lived there long enough to pay bills and I'm pretty sure the repo thing was replaced with turning off electricity and whatnot. It happened once I started editing the house, but not before.

More info:
I have CC (yes I turned it off and tried, it still happens)
It's an apartment
It's just furniture items, no clothes or hair or Sims
for some reason the expensive stuff disappeared first
No money is being added to the bank
Only non CC items vanish (so far)

I own City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, and Bowling Night Stuff.

I'm not sure if I'm missing any info, but I looked and I couldn't find anything related to this that was already posted, or at least had a solution that worked. I don't have any mods other than Items and Clothing
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 5:36 AM
Check the Apartment Traits. Do you have goblins? They might be stealing things.
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 6:43 AM
This is bug with the current patch level, there really isn't much you can but avoid playing apartments until or if it ever get fixed.
Banned
#4 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 3:27 PM
i dont play apartments. but i did noticed in my attic creatrion of a french palace that in the rooftop i added some decoration, and from the get-go some parts of the decoration are missing. i am guessing the apartment boundaries with usage gets buggy and objects start to "fall trough the level" and no up to this day nobody has come up with a fix or a mod. dont play apartments my recommendation use the attics as community lots.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 5:26 PM
Hi! There is a similar open bug report on the EA forum.

forever craving chef salad | Sa0Ra on TS4 gallery | Sims & Sensibility
Banned
#6 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:14 AM
the patch to fix this issue has been released. go to install it!