Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:29 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 18th Oct 2017 at 3:08 PM. Reason: re-categorizing

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Game Help
Hi there,

I downloaded super patcher to download a sim from the exchange, but in order to do that, I needed to move my mods folder out of the sims 3 folders. I tried downloading the sim but it didn't work, so I moved my mods folder back to the sims 3 folders and I tried starting my game and the screen just goes black and I can't do anything! This was after I used super patcher and I never had this problem before, now I can only play without my mods and CC so my game is boring. Can I reverse super patcher?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:44 AM
Yeah... well.... you see...

Whut?

You lost me. Super patch upgrades all prior versions to 1.67. That shouldn't affect your mods folder. Is the sim a .package or a .sim3pack?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:02 AM
The OP is having trouble running TS3 for Mac with both sims3pack content and their mods folder in place at the same time. This isn't entirely unheard of. We haven't nailed down yet which model Mac they are working with. I'm not sure why they felt the need to ask this question again on a new thread, the same people are going to read it and a moderator will likely just combine the two threads.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=598630

I'll stop trying to help though, if that's what the OP prefers.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Yeah... well.... you see...

Whut?

You lost me. Super patch upgrades all prior versions to 1.67. That shouldn't affect your mods folder. Is the sim a .package or a .sim3pack?
\

.sims3pack
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:39 AM
Okay, two more questions. If the answer to both is yes, I think I know the problem judging from what was said in the other thread.

Is the Sim3Pack store bought content made by EA? (you paid money for it?)

Have you done a recent re-install of your game from a different source, like your first install was a Disk install and your re-install was an Origin install...
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:08 PM