Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is 365 Days not possible to set up according to each season length?
I'm changing my lifespans yet again but this time modeled after a close representation of real life. But the issue I run into is the game does not recognize the amount of days over 28 per season. I thought this could be easily bypassed like choosing custom lifespans in the Options file under Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Options but it I guess it is locked at 28 days.

I know about this mod here (http://modthesims.info/d/491613) but unfortunately it stops at 84 days maximum per season and I want...
Spring --- 93 Days
Summer --- 94 Days
Autumn --- 89 Days
Winter --- 89 Days

But if there is a way to edit the mod for a maximum of 94 Days per season I don't know how to do it. Can someone help me figure this out please?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 5:54 PM
have you tried to edit ~Documents/Electronics Arts/The Sims 3/Options.ini file? It's working with particular lifespan settings normally hard to set (as long as you do not try to mess with them with game intgerface settings - it shall reverse them to defaults)

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 6:05 PM
Yes, I tried the Options.ini file and it won't recognize the newly set numbers. Sometimes I notice it will on the menu screen at startup but then when I get into game and check to make sure, it doesn't register and defaults back to what I had last. And I am not touching the sliders as I know that will reset it back to the default settings.

Sometimes the change with the new custom lifespans might not show up during the menu screen at startup but it will show up properly in-game.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 6:09 PM
Season lengths are designed to be world/game save specific though, unlike many of the other Options.ini settings. Not sure how games are even supposed to react to changes there. But it sounds like NRaas Retuner might be another way to go.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 7:32 PM
Yes, seasons is applied globally I am aware of. I did end up downloading the mod and using Retuner before just now reading your comment igazor. I suppose all I need is Retuner? Thanks ElaineNualla and igazor for your help, time and patience.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 7:35 PM Last edited by igazor : 5th Aug 2018 at 12:38 AM.
If you have a tuning mod and use Retuner at the same time and they are used to affect the same tuning settings, Retuner will always win out because it loads so much later in the startup process and will overwrite what the tuning mod has done -- actually Retuner doesn't finish entirely until after the saved game has loaded and the game clock starts moving forward. So yes, it sounds like the mod then becomes unnecessary unless it is somehow capable of reaching something that Retuner cannot (sounds like not the case here).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:02 PM
Ok, thanks again. So excited for this new super epic lifespan.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 12:06 AM
With these new season lengths that imitate the 365 days a year...I forgot about pregnancy. By default, I think no matter what the lifespan a pregnancy lasts 3 days/72 Hours. I want it to last 9 months/6,754 hours. However, there are other things I was looking at like,
-kHoursOfPregnancy.......72
-kHoursToShowFullyPregnant.......36
-kHoursToShowPregnantBuff.......24
-kHoursToStartContractions.......70
-kHoursToStartPregnantMotives.......8
-kHoursToStartWalkingPregnant.......40

I found it interesting to see this and wonder if it works?
-kNumberOfPuddlesForWaterBreak.......0

So does this seem accurate based on 9 months Sims time and is there anything I missed that I should also change?
-kHoursOfPregnancy.......6,574/9 months
-kHoursToShowFullyPregnant.......5,843/8 months (Is this when you first see the baby bump or 3rd and final phase?)
-kHoursToShowPregnantBuff.......1,460/2 months
-kHoursToStartContractions.......6,572/2 hours
-kHoursToStartPregnantMotives.......730/1 month
-kHoursToStartWalkingPregnant.......5,843 (What happens if I set it to zero? Does that disable the pregnant walk?)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 1:14 AM
The value for kHoursToStartWalkingPregnant should be in between kHoursToShowFullyPregnant and kHoursToStartContractions to be applied properly. Afraid I have no idea what a 0 does there.

Note that no sims in your world should be already pregnant when you make these changes or chances are they will never be able to bring the baby to term and give birth (on their own, without mods making this happen).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 4:28 PM
Thanks, igazor. None of my Sims are pregnant at the moment so that's good to know.