Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#3076 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 8:54 PM
@LiliLiliLili With fewer EPs, I don't think your old save will work at all. You can try, though, because it's been well over 10 years since the one time I tried something of the sort, so I might not be remembering correctly.

However, if you already had bugs, it might be better to start again with clean, empty templates, the whole thing - it's a pain to set up, but considering how long a ToT hood needs to be able to run, it's worth it.
If you want to keep your progress, you can try cloning your sims in SimPE and recreate everything in the new hood. Also a long process, but depending on how advanced in the challenge you are and how attached you are to your sims, it might be a good solution.
Advertisement
Instructor
#3077 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 25th Apr 2018 at 4:55 PM.
I just thought about the last method today!

But it is indeed too time consuming and I'm not really a pro... I'll need to keep track of them more, so I can't remake them 100%... I mean the family tree, I haven't a way in SimPE to check family trees, just households.

I think I might make a new... Because well I have different CC and such... I can make it better this time and different
Instructor
#3078 Old 23rd May 2018 at 4:22 PM
I actually remade my sims 2 founders in sims 3. Or at least, based on them, because I changed the clothing style and don't really modified their facial structure. :/ I might come up with some color scheme for every household to distinguish them. I think it is much easier to create clothing in sims 3 and I can even copy them with mastercontroller to different outfit categories. Much easier.
I hope I can manage it with the story progression mod.
Field Researcher
#3079 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:06 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 25th May 2018 at 4:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ToriOlivia
@Frogsnack Thanks so much for replying so quickly! If you don't mind uploading, I love to check out your SP settings in game. So far I've picked my world-Cottonwood Hills which is an empty version of Sunset Valley. I plan on adding community lots appropriate for the different eras as I move through generations. I've created my five families and played almost a sim week with one family as of now. I decided to go with TS2 aging which was easy to set up. My Neanderthals will have a fairly short life span because honestly I'd like to get through the first era as fast as possible, I have it set to 75 sim days. Weekly rotation seemed like the easiest to keep track of so I'll stick to that as well.
I've disabled break ups and marriages, for now I'm just allowing boyfriend/girlfriends and will introduce marriage in the Roman Era. My sims can still cheat though
I've allowed non active sims to get pregnant but I'm not sure if I'll keep it just yet. There's already been 3 births in my non active families and 1 birth in my active household and can you believe they all had BOYS?! LOL! I really like the idea of having specific lifetime rewards for the different castes. The whole Nraas caste system is still a bit confusing to me but I'm trying to figure it out because I know how helpful it will be as time progresses and more sims are added to the mix.

Hey-- sorry! I've not been simming a whole lot lately as I became a Realtor recently and there are essentially no days off when starting this kind of business. I do want to make a video about how the caste system is set up, but I had some issues when filming it, I'll tag you somewhere when I finally get that together.

But I did get some time to play this week and I found my TOT settings (there are three columns down, it's from a spreadsheet);

Settings Overview for TOT!

Also my rule variants;

Also random update as I'm playing now, Shravan Edificae (I renamed him as his son is the current head, Brennan Edifice)
Shravan's wife is Ambrosia, they have five kids in the house; Livius, Iolius, Savan, Maral and Sargis. Sravan collects gems and cuts them to sell to the wealthy at the consignment shop (but if I had any idea of how I could make him work for a higher family without moving him out of his house I would). He also owns three items that could get him sent to the games; two gems over 1k and a bookshelf, but he's taking risks as he has something like 36 kids and grandkids and he's lived a pretty good life.

(also as naming people is my favorite part of this challenge, the newest babies in this tribal family are called Dilshad and Bahadur <3)+

@LiliLiliLili I lvoe your set up for the houses it's so cute! Small lots too, that should be fun soon
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Instructor
#3080 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:18 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 27th May 2018 at 7:37 PM.
Thanks.

But I just had a big spring cleaning session in my personal harddrive, I made decisions and stuff, so now I will not play sims 3 for some time, at least that setup as I deleted lots of things taking up several GBs. These are the times when you realize you also have duplicate pictures and childhood computer drawings consisting of scribble lines saved....... It is because I plan to put everything to DVDs in case every hard drive becomes damaged. And they said we don't have enough of them to put all of my GBs on it and I would not need most contents in the future. I also deleted Sims content. Before deleting most of my Sims backups and CCs too, I managed to get into the Sims 2 hoods! I was suprised the house remodels I did and new houses! I was at gen 2, however I cheated a bit with aging up them early. There are some babies (gen3) too. The game ran very slow due to graphics problem, but now I've uninstalled it. With just few EP it runs smoothly, though, so maybe I could play with those in a clean save in the future. So I got into the newly installed very slow game with every old save and tons of CC just to look around and take lots of pictures for future reference... But I also sorted them out and deleted most of them, so it is not much. Now, on topic, I show you the TOT hood's documentations.

The first pic is about the gen 2 couples and if they already had kids, them.
The next pictures are old house layouts, then after each of them the new ones I probably made around september 2016. (10 pictures) Poor Visking household's house is still the same. I don't know why I didn't remodel it, maybe I waited for something? Most of the updates were accomplished because some founders died and I got a lot of inheritance.
Then the next are the new houses. I figured I would actually have just 10 houses, because if I were to play longer then the remaining to-be married people would live in some founder houses.
The last picture is about the non-old age death sims. I ressurected them with insimenator just for the pictures.
Lab Assistant
#3081 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:42 PM
Hey people!
Just so you know, I've finally gotten around to creating a site for my ToTC. The link is in my signature.
Updates should be on Fridays, at least until the end of June.

Test of Time Challenge: Archea.
Instructor
#3082 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:34 PM
You have built a nice lot!
Test Subject
#3083 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 3:36 AM
I found this challenge a couple of years ago, but was too scared to try it out. I've been looking for some new things to try on the sims 2, and I can't wait to start this challenge
Instructor
#3084 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 11:09 PM
Saw this challenge a few days ago and decided I wanted to try it. I love history, especially the ancient variety. So I have started with the old Stone Age. Changed a few things. No farming, since that didn't start till later. Only foraging, hunting and fishing allowed. And I started with 16 sims, a group of four for each skin tone, though I have used mostly custom skins, all of which are geneticized. I put each group of four on a lot and let them decide who would partner whom. I have played all four groups two days each so far and so far they have not left their lots to hunt or fish but have managed to forage enough fruit and herbs to keep from starving. almost all of the couples are already pregnant and the first one has delivered. They each have a small cave to sleep in and shelter from the sun. they have a waterfall shower and a bush toilet, plus a midden for refuse. I use the simstone rock refrigerator and a campfire grill for cooking. No other appliances. Hay beds, pallets on the floor for babies, rocks and tree stumps for other furniture. It's been a blast building the lots but I hope it does not get boring. Skill building will be very difficult without books and the various hobbie items. And a couple of them are already dipping into the red on the aspiration meter, both fortune sims. No wants except make money and buy stuff. I do use a number of hacks, including ACR and Inge's teleporter bush. I am using the teleporter to get rid of the npcs as soon as they deliver their product. Have no townies or social groupies thanks to empty templates. I expect this to be very interesting and entertaining.
Instructor
#3085 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:05 PM
Have completed 4 days of play and all 8 women have given birth with a resulting 11 infants. One set of twins and one set of triplets. The twins are doing okay but the triplets are hungry most of the time. I am using BO's nursing hack but it only allows the mother to feed the infants. No wet nursing allowed. Of course in real life multiple infants would probably not have survived. Four of the infants have transitioned to toddler and their mothers are already expecting again, two of them by a different man. No marriage yet. And no expressed jealousy. I have my time progression set at 2 days = 1 year. So infants become toddlers after two days, child in 8 more days, teen in 14 days and adult in 14 days. Pregnancy lasts only 36 hours.
Instructor
#3086 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 9:32 PM
Have nearly completed Day 7, with 5 pregnancies completed in the second round of births, with three to go. Six babies so far, with 11 toddlers, most of them still crawling. Have discovered that toddlers can forage for their own food to a certain extent. Plumbbob Keep has a lot of mods suitable to the Stoneage Era. Seasonal fruit trees, vegetables, berry bushes, herbs, etc. Hunting and trapping are also available. The toddlers are able to pick up and eat fruit that has fallen from the fruit trees. I am endeavoring to play without any bottles and so far succeeding. I do use the Simstone high chair in order to feed the little ones too, but with more and more toddlers arriving the parents are having to spend more and more time caring for them. Ah, yes, the little ones can bathe themselves too. PBK has an item called Bathing Instincts which was designed for dogs but toddlers can use it too. If you're not familiar with PBK, here's the addy; http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240 . This takes you to Sun & Moon's Star Factory, the section where all these goodies reside. Made by Sunni and Fractured Moonlight. You will also find items that will spawn creatures for pets to hunt and eat so your sims don't have to feed them. And wild bee hives. And all sorts of crafting stations for your sims to learn through the ages.
Lab Assistant
#3087 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:57 AM
Do you have pictures of your challenge hedgekat?

Check out my ToT neighborhood Hoohoo. Last updated: February 2, 2020
Family Trees
Instructor
#3088 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:48 PM
@Lisrouge Yes, a few. Any particular types you would like to see? Let's see if I can figure out how to post them.
Lab Assistant
#3089 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 6:58 PM
Thanks! I love seeing how other challenges go. It gives me both motivation and inspiration. I really like your take, it feels like actual clans.

Family Trees
Instructor
#3090 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 5:14 AM
@lisrouge - Glad you enjoyed them. I am currently on Sunday, day 14. The birth rate has slowed down. Two reasons. The parents must spend so much time feeding and cleaning the children they have that they don't have much time for woohoo and I have adjusted the multiple birth mod to more normal ratios. Since all the children restore their energy bars much faster than the parents, the adults are pretty much working on shifts, in order to keep up with them. Staying up till exhausted and getting up again before fully rested. An clan has 2 kids, 4 toddlers and 2 brand new babies-twins. the first multiple birth for this clan. Bar Clan has 3 kids, 5 toddlers and 1 infant. Yof Clan has 4 kids, 4 toddlers and I baby expected on Monday. Dur Clan has 2 kids, 6 toddlers and 2 infants. And most of the toddlers are getting their toddler skills learned before they transition. A lot harder without smart milk. And the adults are having to learn only by doing. I allowed each clan to have one person study from the bookcase for 1 cooking skill. They have eaten a lot of burnt hotdogs. A couple of them have worked up to 2 skill levels. I will let the children use the bookcase to start near where their parents leave off, since in real life they would learn from their parents as they grow up. Here are some daily life pics.
Lab Assistant
#3091 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 1:34 PM Last edited by Lisrouge : 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:06 AM.
Ooh, I like your bookcase idea for getting the kids to learn. My babies learn to talk or walk if they are lucky. 😂 Between running around pregnant, low aspiration worries, the darned heatwave , they should be glad they are still alive and have food. I forgot I have those mushrooms and trees in my game.

Edit: I had forgotten how needy plantsims can be.
Screenshots

Family Trees
Instructor
#3092 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 1:20 AM
I think my favorite part of TS2 is the genetics. I love watching how looks are transmitted from one generation to the next. There are often surprises. Here are the first set of kids to transition to child, each set with their respective parents. I've noticed that some of my recent skin acquisitions that look wonderful on the adults put makeup on children too, and even toddlers and babies. For now I am trying to take it off with plainer makeup, though normally my sims don't get makeup till at least teenage
Lab Assistant
#3093 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 2:44 PM
hedgekat, I love the genetics part of it too. <3

And I thought, here it is. The end... But I had to put in a mod that gives you the option to choose to shower with hot or cold water. The sims would get "stuck" in the shower, so I used move objects to take the sim out and delete the shower. And that's when it happened. I took out the mod and then deleted the shower to see if it happened again, but it didn't. Phew! Although, if the game is going to implode on me, now is the best time since I'm still on G2.
Screenshots

Family Trees
Instructor
#3094 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 2:04 AM
Have begun day 20. the Tribe has grown from 16 to 60 in these 10 years. Every day there has been at least one birth, starting on day 2. The most born on a single day has been 6, on day 3. That included the only set of triplets. There have been 5 sets of twins. Three of the caves have become so crowded that two of the adults in each are now sleeping in a leather tent outside. But Winter is coming. I've played through four seasons of summer and now the Ice Age is approaching. Currently have one more day left in Fall. I plan on Winter lasting 10 days before having a brief spring and summer and fall. Those three seasons will be crammed into 10 days. Probably 3-4-3. Hope the clans have enough food stored. Anyone know how much a fridge will hold? Each clan has near 3000 or more fruits and veggies in storage along with fish and game. I'm really looking forward to when they can get out of the caves and move into the Neolithic age. Anyone else still playing? How far along are you?

I've noticed that every evening, no matter which family I am playing, a few adult members of the other clans will show up to visit. They have not been greeted, as far as I have ever seen, although the children are often outside, playing tag or something and could possibly greet someone. I'm usually busy inside the cave, making sure the adults feed and clean the toddlers. They'll give them bottles autonomously but cave dwellers didn't have bottles so I insist on mush. I'll be glad when the oldest kids become teen so they can help tend the little ones.
Screenshots
Instructor
#3095 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 11:21 AM
How is it going, guys? Did someone advance into the Roman or Medieval age?
Lab Assistant
#3096 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 12:14 AM
A few years ago, I did actually make it to the Roman period. But soon after that I made the decision to play each age as a different hood. I've lost almost all those hoods between crashing hard drives, and new hard drives, and system restores etc. So I've decided to try again. :D
Instructor
#3097 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 7:33 PM
I still have pictures of my first, original one. Since then I tried to redo it in either game, but then I scrapped it. I don't know if I'll ever play it again, but I have the memory of my sweet sims from the stone age... And formed semi-OC-s out of 6 people... The weird thing is, that in that version the siblings are not even related, just two, and the other two are married. xD
Lab Assistant
#3098 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 2:41 AM
Building for my Neanderthals now. I allow myself one extra table, because the phone is a table phone. :D
Field Researcher
#3099 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:51 PM
Hello everyone!

Yes, I'm still alive. If there is even anyone left in this thread who knows who I am? XD I hadn't played my test of time hood since around March. Just because this year was very busy so far. Also, my boyfriends computer broke and so he's been using mine, while I was a lot on my laptop (where I can't play the game). So that's that. But I'm back playing and finished round 13 yesterday evening.

Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
How is it going, guys? Did someone advance into the Roman or Medieval age?

Well, technically I have reached the roman age, if you count the founders as generation 1. As most people do, I think? But since I'm not really playing according to the orginal rules, my sims have quite a time to go before they reach anything remotely resembling advanced civilisation. :P

I don't know how interesting this is for most people that are still active in this thread, because a lot of you seem to be still in the early stages, but I spent some time yesterday evening trying to figure out how to make finding possible matches for your sims easiest when you're quite a few generations along. I think I'm going to put this behind a spoiler, since I don't think I can explain without listing examples.

Oh, and @Frogsnack - I saw that you uploaded a couple videos recently-ish, but haven't gotten around to watching them yet. ^^"

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Instructor
#3100 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 6:22 PM
Oh I don't play, but a force leads me here, so I am wondering what is up with other challengers. :3 Soo I can't tell any story about my experiences.
Page 124 of 128