Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#4076 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 7:17 AM
Back to playing my Sims 2 game after a few years hiatus. Not getting 3 or 4 because I don't have $1000's to spend on the game and all the expansions. Here are some irks that get me when playing the game. No particular order.

- The whole "I'm tired!" animation. Yes, I know you're tired, shut up! It gets old very fast.

- The Sims spending hours eating because they are too busy talking to another Sim at the table. Especially when they have to go to work in an hour.

- The gardening is unrealistically bad. Weed picking and bug spraying non-stop just takes over all your sim's time and it continues all day long.

- Random townies your Sim has never met before continuously calling the house asking to talk to a Sim in the house and calling every single day just wanting to talk to that Sim. It was so bad to the point that it disrupts my Sim and other Sims who are busy skilling or trying to get their chores done before work. I wish there was an option where I can get my Sim to tell them to bugger off.

- Needing to shower 3 to 4 times a day. I had to download the Hygiene mod hack to stop that. Highly unrealistic and seems more like a shoddy coding error they overlooked. People do not shower 4 times a day in real life and neither should Sims.

- Stupid Delivery Sims running off before you could tip them

- The annoying Hobby related animations

- The Sims being hounded by Hobby people just because they did an everyday task. Sims need to cook and eat to not die. They don't need to subscribe to a cuisine magazine because they just ate dinner.

- The constant pestering of some random Sim asking you to go Downtown with them as soon as you move into your new home.

- Playgrounds in Community Lots and Apartments being crowded with adult Sims playing on the swings non-stop all day and night long and your Sims constantly being obsessed with pushing another Sim on the swing.

And my Top Pet Peeves that get me the most:

- Smustle. It is cancer in the game and every time a radio is on, some idiot is always doing it on a public lot and usually in a direct path. Guests are Smustling outside your house and won't respond to nothing else. I just leave them outside and hope they get struck by lightening. I won't allow it on my Household and if I had a Sim that has to continously do it, I will lock them in the bathroom with no door and let them Smustle until they starve to death.

- The stupid dogs that come into your yard and dig holes and mess up the flower beds. I have to build fences around my Sim's property and disallow Pets to stop it but they come everyday and barking because they can't get into your yard or house.

- Guests who you invite over immediately head over and start using your computer or watching TV. Even had one go over to my Sim's piano and put down a tip jar and started badly playing the piano. Sadly there was no button to tell him to leave my Sim's house and never return. I have to lock up the TV and other gadgets into another room to keep them off of it so my Sim can communicate with them.

- Apartment Neighbors just randomly walking into my Sim's apartment and start watching their TV and using their Chess boards. Guests who you invite over won't come into your apartment because they are suddenly interested in the plot's swingset and won't respond to your Sim calling them over. They can't get into your house because Household Only on Apartment lots rejects Invited Guests to. As soon as you do unlock your door, unwanted neighbors immediately fly into your Sim's apartment like gnats.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#4077 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Agahnim
Back to playing my Sims 2 game after a few years hiatus. Not getting 3 or 4 because I don't have $1000's to spend on the game and all the expansions. Here are some irks that get me when playing the game. No particular order.

- The whole "I'm tired!" animation. Yes, I know you're tired, shut up! It gets old very fast.

- The Sims spending hours eating because they are too busy talking to another Sim at the table. Especially when they have to go to work in an hour.

- The gardening is unrealistically bad. Weed picking and bug spraying non-stop just takes over all your sim's time and it continues all day long.

- Random townies your Sim has never met before continuously calling the house asking to talk to a Sim in the house and calling every single day just wanting to talk to that Sim. It was so bad to the point that it disrupts my Sim and other Sims who are busy skilling or trying to get their chores done before work. I wish there was an option where I can get my Sim to tell them to bugger off.

- Needing to shower 3 to 4 times a day. I had to download the Hygiene mod hack to stop that. Highly unrealistic and seems more like a shoddy coding error they overlooked. People do not shower 4 times a day in real life and neither should Sims.

- Stupid Delivery Sims running off before you could tip them

- The annoying Hobby related animations

- The Sims being hounded by Hobby people just because they did an everyday task. Sims need to cook and eat to not die. They don't need to subscribe to a cuisine magazine because they just ate dinner.

- The constant pestering of some random Sim asking you to go Downtown with them as soon as you move into your new home.

- Playgrounds in Community Lots and Apartments being crowded with adult Sims playing on the swings non-stop all day and night long and your Sims constantly being obsessed with pushing another Sim on the swing.

And my Top Pet Peeves that get me the most:

- Smustle. It is cancer in the game and every time a radio is on, some idiot is always doing it on a public lot and usually in a direct path. Guests are Smustling outside your house and won't respond to nothing else. I just leave them outside and hope they get struck by lightening. I won't allow it on my Household and if I had a Sim that has to continously do it, I will lock them in the bathroom with no door and let them Smustle until they starve to death.

- The stupid dogs that come into your yard and dig holes and mess up the flower beds. I have to build fences around my Sim's property and disallow Pets to stop it but they come everyday and barking because they can't get into your yard or house.

- Guests who you invite over immediately head over and start using your computer or watching TV. Even had one go over to my Sim's piano and put down a tip jar and started badly playing the piano. Sadly there was no button to tell him to leave my Sim's house and never return. I have to lock up the TV and other gadgets into another room to keep them off of it so my Sim can communicate with them.

- Apartment Neighbors just randomly walking into my Sim's apartment and start watching their TV and using their Chess boards. Guests who you invite over won't come into your apartment because they are suddenly interested in the plot's swingset and won't respond to your Sim calling them over. They can't get into your house because Household Only on Apartment lots rejects Invited Guests to. As soon as you do unlock your door, unwanted neighbors immediately fly into your Sim's apartment like gnats.

@Agahnim

There is a Mod for the Pets in the Flower Beds problem. it is on MTS Simsky's "No Pets Flower Beds" mods

There is another Mod for the Visiting Pets Digging problem, it is also on MTS No Autonmous Digging For Visiting Pets by worf_84

Over on MATY there is the Daily Gardener Mod, http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F Look for dailygardener.zip

I would imagine that there might be other Mods that would take care of other annoyances for you, look around.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#4078 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:16 PM
More of a vent about myself. Spent the last couple days pookleting all my non-pooklet hairs. Some were coming out choppy and I only just now remembered about DDS utilities, after doing all the hairs. What a turkey.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Forum Resident
#4079 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 4:53 AM
Fireplaces disappear when you move out a family. How can you sell a fireplace? It's a build object, not furniture, so it makes no sense that all the doors, windows and landscaping stay, but the fireplace doesn't.
Top Secret Researcher
#4080 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 6:42 PM
How you can't use "shift" on elevators. I just installed fifteen black elevators in a building and it took about three times as long as it could've with shift.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4081 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 11:34 PM
@Agahnim
Eat more talk less http://modthesims.info/d/94886

Apart from daily gardener mentioned above you could use perfect plants http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0 (other annoyance fixing mods here too) or you could use some plastic plants mixed in to reduce the work.

Showering- try ticking your sims hygiene perk.

Visting dogs don't dig http://modthesims.info/d/397399

Hobby mods: no hobby spam http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/ no in the zone, sounds and or glow http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=2

No doubt there are more mods for some of this stuff that you list. You are best to use WCIF as issues come up. While not all issues are solvable a good many are simply because of how long Sims 2 has been around.

I know I have a mod to stop visitors from using the computer I just can't think what it is called right now.
You might like this one though 'Visitors behave' http://cyjon.net/node/227

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4082 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 5:56 AM
There's no way to rebind the key controls in the game. Unless it is possible and I just haven't figured out how.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#4083 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 1:18 PM
The bug collection. I found it so stupid and hard to finish. I think in my whole simming career I completed it once or twice (yes, I'm aware of the missing butterfly bug and I have a fix for that). It's just so annoying that m plantsim spent 3 days try to get more bugs (he had 24/30) and in the end he found only 1 new one because he was always getting tired or chased by bees.
What a broken interaction!
Mad Poster
#4084 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 2:58 PM
I just ignore the whole butterfly collection thing, all the collections, really. A want for something like that is an ignored one in my game.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#4085 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:00 PM
And what is the butterfly collection GOOD for? You can't hang it on the wall and get happy looking at it. I guess you get Nature points.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4086 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:38 PM
It's good for nothing like the stupid vacation momentos you're supposed to collect. It's an effort to add a questing element into the game. That's why you have to collect so much crap in sims 3. If they were going to bow to the trendy games of the day, they should have given us guns, bombs, and infinite ammo.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Link Ninja
#4087 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:55 PM
That not all but some objects are usable at a 45 degree angle. Chairs and sofas? Yes! Lounger? NO! Bookshelf? Yes! Easel NO! Bed? YES (but with reasonably weird animations) Fireplace NO! Kitchen Counter? NO!

At least, in my experiences.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4088 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And what is the butterfly collection GOOD for? You can't hang it on the wall and get happy looking at it. I guess you get Nature points.

I found out when I was making my cats hunt roaches hack that there's a set of bugs called innocuous bugs that spawn if you hang up the bug collection.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4089 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
That not all but some objects are usable at a 45 degree angle. Chairs and sofas? Yes! Lounger? NO! Bookshelf? Yes! Easel NO! Bed? YES (but with reasonably weird animations) Fireplace NO! Kitchen Counter? NO!

At least, in my experiences.

Gina made a mod for the easel. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=598215

I don't know about the larger fireplace but the barrel ones can be used on an angle. I used one in my farmhouse uploaded here, but it took me a lot of fiddling to get it both diagonal in a corner and usable. The kitchen counter also has a mod. That last ones been around for years, on here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#4090 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Gina made a mod for the easel. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=598215

I don't know about the larger fireplace but the barrel ones can be used on an angle. I used one in my farmhouse uploaded here, but it took me a lot of fiddling to get it both diagonal in a corner and usable. The kitchen counter also has a mod. That last ones been around for years, on here.

What did you do to get the smaller fireplaces to work? I have the wood-burning ones in a number of refurbished cabins at three lakes but the sim just complains with the thought bubble of the fireplace and an x through it. Thanks for the tips in the easel, and I'll search for a counters fix. Still annoying that the devs only made some usaable to begin with though.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4091 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
It's good for nothing like the stupid vacation momentos you're supposed to collect. It's an effort to add a questing element into the game. That's why you have to collect so much crap in sims 3. If they were going to bow to the trendy games of the day, they should have given us guns, bombs, and infinite ammo.

===
But, thanks to mods, we DO have guns (with infinite ammo), bombs, hatchets--problem is a sim can't kill another playable, no matter how much they hate them.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4092 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:00 PM
True, we can mod those things and I may have them in my game. I was just thinking of the things Eaxis gave us.

Here's what you do. Use one of your murder devices, then go to where you have the scythe, tombstone of L&D, or manipulator hidden. click on that and give the person a death by fire (animations are good for that one). There, all murdered now.

Test Subject
#4093 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 7:03 PM
Today one of my teens built a snowman directly outside her front door, and I discovered that even when you destroy the snowman, its mangled corpse remains and your Sims still can't get into their house. Her and her 'mum' (she was genie resurrected and now lives with her aunt and her wife as their de facto daughter. Long story) both got trapped outside because they couldn't get past the destroyed snowman. I thought they were going to die all because that stupid thing wouldn't melt, but it eventually vanished just in time for them to both get inside and warm up and eat.

Another thing that I hate is the addiction Sims get to warming up on the ballet barre - it's worse than smustle addiction! If there's a barre in the house, you can guarantee there'll be someone using it. Delete it from their queue? It'll immediately reappear. Left to their own devices, some Sims will just dance until they collapse from exhaustion, like a Veronaville Amateur Dance Company performance of Giselle.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4094 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 11:36 PM
Just put on moveobjects and move the snowman.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4095 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 11:46 PM
On the topic: I wish Sims wouldn't sit in front of doorways or stairs to teach their toddlers to talk or sing a nursery rhyme. If you use moveobjects to move them somewhere better, it may leave behind an invisible social marker that prevents you from placing anything there until you use the burninator.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4096 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 11:51 PM
Why? Cheating doesn't bring much an of amusement than a story about "Two women, one believed to be the r long-lost resurrected mother of the victim, found dead. A trace of melted snowman bouncer is suspected for the cause of their nutrition deprivation". Then again, I use that cheat a lot to fix minor routing inconveniences.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#4097 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enoby
Today one of my teens built a snowman directly outside her front door, and I discovered that even when you destroy the snowman, its mangled corpse remains and your Sims still can't get into their house. Her and her 'mum' (she was genie resurrected and now lives with her aunt and her wife as their de facto daughter. Long story) both got trapped outside because they couldn't get past the destroyed snowman. I thought they were going to die all because that stupid thing wouldn't melt, but it eventually vanished just in time for them to both get inside and warm up and eat.

Make a path up to the door. They can't build snowmen where there's no snow.
Test Subject
#4098 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Why? Cheating doesn't bring much an of amusement than a story about "Two women, one believed to be the r long-lost resurrected mother of the victim, found dead. A trace of melted snowman bouncer is suspected for the cause of their nutrition deprivation". Then again, I use that cheat a lot to fix minor routing inconveniences.

I didn't even think to use move objects on. I'm as much of a fool as my silly cold and hungry Sims it would seem. As annoyed as I was at the prospect of two utterly ridiculous deaths, I usually have a 'what will be will be' mantra and don't use cheats even when two of my favourite Sims are about to starve to death surrounded by urine outside their own front door.
Mad Poster
#4099 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 11:34 AM
I use the Sim Manipulator for that. If my sims are stupid enough to block their own doorways like that, I just have them teleport where they need to go. Also useful for bypassing traffic jams in narrow hallways.
Mad Poster
#4100 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 9:38 PM
Mine love to drop home work right beside the door, so when they orient on it to do the homework they sit their butts in front of the door. The front door, the bathroom door . . . all the doors!

Something about UC broke (for me, at least) the desk designator pictures, so I can no longer get them to put their homework on the proper desk.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 164 of 273