Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 7:25 AM Last edited by greywind : 2nd Aug 2018 at 7:45 AM.
Default Water glitch
I have to enable vsync for my game because the frames going from 150-300 is crazy and the game is unplayable. So i decided to enable vsync via nvidia inspector but whenever it rains the puddles, pools, hot tubs and lake start doing some sort wird glitch. I have tested this without vsync and it doesn't happen. Idk what to do.

The computer I play handles the game pretty well, except when it rains the water outside goes crazy and starts to sort of flicker. When I quit and restart the game it goes away but then returns. Not sure what to do

Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
please post your deviceconfig log file from your ts3 user folder.

Here it is https://pastebin.com/wv4uwTsW

I noticed it says Windows 8 but I'm running 10.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:12 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 7:07 PM
Follow this tutorial to get your GPU recognized, see if that fixes it.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4782510

Thank you, I will try this and report back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 3:52 AM
Follow this tutorial to get your GPU recognized, see if that fixes it.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4782510

I did this and same outcome. While doing some research online it appears to be related to the game engine spazzing out over 60fps. What I don't understand is why no one else is having this issue. Although I have read that people limit their fps to 60 with Inspector but I have avoided doing that because of the awful screen tearing so I only keep it at vcync-on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 6:02 AM
The 2 issues are not related. You'll can research a lot of this on the net and you'll get a lot of different answers/perspectives, but mostly from people rehashing what they've read etc... many of whom do not know what they're talking about.

So to make it simple and not get jumped into the debate. Simply put, Vsync and frame limiters are different and serve different purposes.

1) Vsync primarily syncs your GPU with your monitor refresh rate. So in a very simple explanation, it affects the GPU output --> input into the monitor. Vsync without frame rate limiter throws away GPU output --> monitor input frames to maintain the GPU/monitor sync, so those frames are rendered and then discarded.

2) Frame rate limiter, limits the actual rendering rate within the GPU regardless of your monitor. Frame rate limiter without vsync will still give you tearing at times if the refresh rate of the GPU does not match the monitor.

3) To get optimal smoothness is to have both a frame rate limiter AND vsync on:
- To limit your FPS: Go into Inspector, go to "Frame Rate Limiter" and set it to 60.

- To stop "tearing" you use Inspector to force "vysnc on" and also use "triple buffer." You can also set it to adaptive vsync if it works better. I believe in some system, set up, games etc... dropping 1 frame will drop to 30 fps, so adaptive tearing control fixes this issue (or course with a little more cost to GPU usage). Not sure if TS3 needs it, triple buffering is usually enough. More research is needed. But if your GPU is high end, then sure turn it on. You won't feel much performance hit.

Thank you for the detailed explanation and advice. I have changed the settings in Inspector to test this and will report. Fingers crossed!