Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:44 AM
Default Middle names - like them hate them or interesting...
After seeing threads on nicks and user names i though of middle names - something my friends talk of a bit - personally i hate mine (Kim)

friend of mine has Devi as her middle name - love it and named one of my Sims that. (as interest it is Indian for Godess of Power)

have any of you out there something to contribute?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:48 AM
My middle name is Letiche, which is a name that my mum made up after my nan, who's name is Letitia, so I like mine, it's unique :D

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
#3 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:53 AM
My Dad decided to stick his name and my Grandad's names as my middle names...problem is that they are both traditional indian male names and I'm a girl...

Cheers Dad!!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:54 AM
Mines ok...Amanda. First name Lauren, I think Lauren-Amanda has an ok ring to it.

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
#5 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 12:01 PM
I like middle names in general, I just think it makes people's names a bit more unique and special.

I think my mum and dad could of chosen a nicer one for me though, but i don't hate it (my names Sophie Victoria)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 12:01 PM
My middle name is Cristina but there was only one person that ever called me by that name, which is lucky because maybe half the women in my generation have this name either as first or middle name.
#7 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 12:10 PM
I like middle names, they give your name more uniqueness :D

My middle name is Rae, for what reason i have no clue :]
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 12:19 PM
T.T i have no middle name
anyway, it's fun to annoy someone by calling him/her on his/her middle name =)
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 12:22 PM
lol theres always one who likes to do that!
#10 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 12:38 PM
My middle name is Maree, and my first name is Jess. Wouldn't of guessed, huh? :P

People always misspell Maree. Like Marie. It's M-a-r-e-e!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Solece
I like middle names, they give your name more uniqueness :D

My middle name is Rae, for what reason i have no clue :]

That's such a beautiful name! Might just name a sim that. 8D

I don't have a middle name either. >: My younger sister does, it's not fair. I wish I had a middle name too, then I could decide what name I want to be called, or perhaps make some cool combination of both. P:

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 12:47 PM
My middle name is Elizabeth. While I like it, I'm not exactly sure what the point of middle names are.Except maybe when somebody has a hideous name and goes by there middle name, but then why name him/her the other name in the first place? lol, its usually the parents that start calling them the middle name in that situation, but idk. But its all good.
My mom (well my dad too) didn't realize it a the time of picking Elizabeth, but I have the same initials (CEC) as my dad and grandpa, which is kind of cool just because it is and because they have both died.
Wow, long post just to say that my middle name is Elizabeth haha
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 12:52 PM
fallfromgrace2006; I love your avatar/signature! :D

Anyway, my middle name is Marian. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I was named after my grandmother, so I kind of like it just because of that.
Scholar
#14 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 1:03 PM
I hate my middle name, it's Margaret which is very old fashioned.
My kids middle names are Eve (born on New Year's Eve), Owen (after my husbands favourite football player) and Che (guess you can work that one out yourself ).
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 1:25 PM
My middle names are Marie and Rachel. I like them. They carry bits of my parents' story (first kiss at the corner of a street named Rachel...) So, I like them.
#16 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:32 PM
Hate. Middle. Name.

If my parents didn't think that naming their daughter Lily was bad enough they just had to give me the middle names Elizabeta and Rhosyn. I'm not making that up, I mean, who calls their child Elizabeta or Rhosyn?! Even as middle names!

Still, I got off lightly, my mother has informed me that if my parents ever have another baby and it's a girl she'd be called Lowri after my great aunt *Family Is Very Welsh*
#17 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:42 PM
I used to hate my middle name, but i've grown to love it

Its Ariel.. (yes, like the little mermaid..haha) Jacqueline Ariel. I think it sounds pretty nice together. Technically if you wanna get all spanish on it my family pronounces it like Ay-el. lol.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:46 PM
I love my middle name. It a mix from both of my parents' middle names, which coincidentally are almost the same, Anthony and Antoinette...therefore I ended up with Antoinette. I like it more than my first name, which is a nice name in and of itself, but it doesn't suit me at all. I just wished I started to convince people to call me by my middle name from when I was a kid, so that they'd be well trained now...aw well.
#19 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:57 PM
I'm My middle name is Patrick
first name Liam
I know about 12 other "Liam Patrick"'s just around my town alone (and in Dublin).
It's really annoying.

Someone online will always ask me stuff like "Omg, Liam Patrick? Are you my cousin from blah blah blah"
...Once I really was one girl's cousin. Was odd.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:04 PM
Middle name is Marie, just Marie, it has been the same middle name for every girl on my mother's side for at least six generations recorded.
Inventor
#21 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:17 PM
I used to hate mine, but I'm fairly indifferent to it these days. Mine is Jane, after my grandmother Mary-Jane.

Except for my mum on occasion nobody uses it now, but way back at primary school there were four Lauras in my year and I was called Laura-Jane as a way of differentiating. Hated it, hated it, hated it. The only confusion we have now is that my Nana is Lorna Jean and I'm Laura Jane (to make things worse, we also share the same surname).

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:47 PM
I like my middle name, Christine. It's my mum's middle name, it was my grandmother's middle name, and it was my (adopted) great-grand mother's first name. I disliked it for a while -- to me, Caitlin Christine sounded terribly nerdy!-- but after I learned that it was a family name, I kind of changed my opinion of it.
Scholar
#23 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 5:04 PM
My grandmother was named Elizabeth, and myself, as well as 4 of my female cousins, have Elizabeth as one of our middle names. I like it cause it's a nice way to remember her.

I have my other grandmother's name as my confirmation name, which technically isn't a middle name so I won't bore you with it :P

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Field Researcher
#24 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 5:11 PM
i myself have 2 middle names, but in belgium it's normal and barely anyone rven knows teh other persons middle names. they just sit there on your ID.
btw my full name is Leen Renée Ria.
Reneé is my godfathers name (he is callled rené but renée is the female form)
Ria is my godmothers name.
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 5:54 PM
I have two middle names as well! :-) Lina Desireé
Page 1 of 8