Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 8:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Help please!
Hi! I didn't know where to put this but I need help with Missy Hissy's custom careers. I have the NRaas careers mod and I have downloaded about four different careers but it won't show up in my game! Where would they be?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 2:11 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Incompatible CC
    Every time you patch or install a new EP, most of your hacks will need to be updated or removed. If you are having any kind of problem and you've just patched or installed a new EP, remove all your custom content and delete your cache files. Then, unless the problem is specific to one sim or lot, make a new town and see if the issue occurs there too.

If, having done so, the issue is fixed, then you have some incompatible CC. Any hacks - things which change the game's behaviour - are likely suspects and should be updated or removed; things like objects, clothes, hairs etc are generally safe.

(if it's because you're not too sure on how to install packages, see this link: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zazzyzooo
Hi! I didn't know where to put this but I need help with Missy Hissy's custom careers. I have the NRaas careers mod and I have downloaded about four different careers but it won't show up in my game! Where would they be?

Do you also have the MC Base Mod installed As well as MC Cheats?
I'm currently not in game but you should be able to see careers from City Hall or a game computer.

For more tips on careers the Careers and Jobs FAQ might help you.

If you continue to have problems using the NRaas Careers mod please feel free to post at NRaas Chatterbox . Free Registration Required
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Do you also have the MC Base Mod installed As well as MC Cheats?
I'm currently not in game but you should be able to see careers from City Hall or a game computer.

For more tips on careers the Careers and Jobs FAQ might help you.

If you continue to have problems using the NRaas Careers mod please feel free to post at NRaas Chatterbox . Free Registration Required

If by MC you mean master controller, then yes, I do have both the base mod and the cheats. I will look in the city hall again and come back once I have done that. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:17 AM
Okay so I realised that the mods were not in my package folder, so I moved them into there, and I tried loading up my game, it crashed, so I moved out some of my other mods and whatnot, my game crashed again after loading it up the second time, so I got rid of three out of four careers in my packages file, so i had one left, and it just crashed again. Why is this happening?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:41 PM
Okay so I realised that the mods were not in my package folder, so I moved them into there, and I tried loading up my game, it crashed, so I moved out some of my other mods and whatnot, my game crashed again after loading it up the second time, so I got rid of three out of four careers in my packages file, so i had one left, and it just crashed again. Why is this happening?

I should have asked earlier are you using a PC or MAC?

Using NotePad ++ go into your DeviceConfig.Log in your game folder and copy the first 40 lines and post those stats in here so we can see your system stats.
When is the game crashing? When you load a new game or is it crashing when you load a world?

For starters are you able to load a "clean" game. Move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop or rename it. Start up a game and a new The Sims 3 folder will be generated. If you can play without crashing in the new game then something in your game files is causing crashes.

Do you have NRaas Overwatch and Error Trap? Look in your game folder to see of those mods are generating script errors. Those can be uploaded to NRaas and might help identify what is going wrong. See How To Upload Here

What other game mods do you have installed?

Are you sure your Mods game folder was installed correctly? Does it look like the illustration Lyralei linked to above? See #4 on the page. That is what the contents of the Mods folder should look like.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 11:48 PM
I'm a little reluctant to add anything to this thread since the last time I tried to help the OP was less than appreciative and accused me of giving poor advice (the SuperPatcher) that broke their install. Yes, they are on a Mac.

But I will ask one thing -- with all these mod additions to the Packages folder, did you somehow end up with the MC Progression add-on module while not having the MasterController AND the StoryProgression base mods BOTH in place along with it? The module will crash the game on startup every time if both base mods are not present. It is also not needed if one is not intending to run NRaas StoryProgression as it's only meant to be a bridge between the two base mods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I'm a little reluctant to add anything to this thread since the last time I tried to help the OP was less than appreciative and accused me of giving poor advice (the SuperPatcher) that broke their install. Yes, they are on a Mac.

But I will ask one thing -- with all these mod additions to the Packages folder, did you somehow end up with the MC Progression add-on module while not having the MasterController AND the StoryProgression base mods BOTH in place along with it? The module will crash the game on startup every time if both base mods are not present. It is also not needed if one is not intending to run NRaas StoryProgression as it's only meant to be a bridge between the two base mods.

I don't have the progression add-on module or NRaas StoryProgression.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:33 AM Last edited by zazzyzooo : 18th Dec 2017 at 2:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat

Using NotePad ++ go into your DeviceConfig.Log in your game folder and copy the first 40 lines and post those stats in here so we can see your system stats.
When is the game crashing? When you load a new game or is it crashing when you load a world?

For starters are you able to load a "clean" game. Move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop or rename it. Start up a game and a new The Sims 3 folder will be generated. If you can play without crashing in the new game then something in your game files is causing crashes.

Do you have NRaas Overwatch and Error Trap? Look in your game folder to see of those mods are generating script errors. Those can be uploaded to NRaas and might help identify what is going wrong. See How To Upload Here

What other game mods do you have installed?

Are you sure your Mods game folder was installed correctly? Does it look like the illustration Lyralei linked to above? See #4 on the page. That is what the contents of the Mods folder should look like.

I use a MacBook Pro

Where do I find those "40 lines"? Are they the ones that say things about CPU and RAM and my computer username?

The game crashes when I load a new game and a current game.

Do you have NRaas Overwatch and Error Trap?
No.

I never had this problem before I put the career mod in. I will try without it and see if that really is the problem. If the problem still persists, I will generate a new Sims 3 folder as I have done it before. And then update you on how that went.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:49 AM
I use a MacBook Pro

Where do I find those "40 lines"? Are they the ones that say things about CPU and RAM and my computer username?

The game crashes when I load a new game and a current game.

Do you have NRaas Overwatch and Error Trap?
No.

For starters are you able to load a "clean" game? Move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop or rename it. Start up a game and a new The Sims 3 folder will be generated. If you can play without crashing in the new game then something in your game files is causing crashes.
I never had this problem before I put the career mod in. I will try without it and see if that really is the problem. If the problem still persists, I will generate a new Sims 3 folder as I have done it before. And then update you on how that went.

I moved the custom career and the NRaas Career mod out, but the problem continues! It crashes on the second loading screen after you select which game to play or if you want to make a new game. It crashes when the loading bar is right at the end. I will try moving my sims 3 file out of the EA folder, forcing the game to generate a new one and see how that goes.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 1:05 PM
Quote:
I use a MacBook Pro

Hello again zazzyzooo - OK, I'm afraid I might not be much help here. I am not familiar with MacBooks.

There are Mac users in here so hope someone will come along, @igazor and look at my suggestions and what you have tried so far and advise further.