Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 1:47 AM
Default I can’t get children to use my posebox! Help!
I spent several days creating a posebox for a small story I’m making about an orphan, and I followed these tutorials: https://youtu.be/7XvktpzWdn0?si=Dox1x33zI6NAfOZP https://youtu.be/3djbkOuUXUs?si=h3qUQKgrHUjfN_kg I followed all the instructions to a T, yet for some reason all my poses only work for teens, adults and elders. One of the steps I have rechecked several times, which I assume should be the root of who can use the poses. (Pic attached) I made sure children was selected for every file/flag/whatever. But whenever I go in game and have a child interact with it, I get “an error occurred” message saying “Animation empty string”. I have been at this all day long for two days and I can’t seem to find out what it is. I need the children to be able to use the poses and not just the adults. What can I do? Can anyone help? I’m desperate!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 4:35 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jul 2023 at 4:47 AM.
Weird thing, but my poseboxes with these options ticked has the flag value 0x0C21 and allows visitor/adult/teen/elder/child (and they work fine).

If I input 0x0C51 like shown in your picture, it switches to visitor/elders/teen and "demo child". That could be the issue.
You may also want to remove the tick mark for the question mark to the right (no idea what that one is good for).

Which version of SimPE are you using? If you're using a newer version it could be some sort of bug. Looks a bit like "demo child" has been swapped with "2-way" by the look of your picture, but I'm not sure.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 12:56 PM
Post the posebox so people can take a look?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 8:01 PM
I use v.0.75.69.11. If that's a version with a bug, will I have to redo the posebox threads? Which version do either of you use? I tried switching the code a little bit, but it didn't do anything. If I need an older/better version, where can I get it, and which one should be the best one? The posebox is still a rough version, as I'm testing it out right now, and two of the poses are a little funky, but I know how I can fix them. It's the children not being able to use it that I want to fix. Here is the link to my posebox:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Orphanageposes.zip (32.7 KB, 5 downloads)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 9:21 PM
It shows up with the "0x0C21" code for me, so it's possible the issue is elsewhere. Did you try removing the tick mark to the right (the question mark one)?
Also, do you have a separate file with the animations?
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 9:48 PM
You didn't include the animations, so I couldn't test it, but I think the problem might be with the way you named the anims in the Anims-Adult text list. instead of consolechild1, try doing a-consolechild1. Just put an "a" and a dash in front of the names without spaces. I know you did it the way the tutorial said to, but that's not the way that Sims 2 names its animations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 10:13 PM
My bad! I forgot to upload the import file. Here it is. I updated one of the poses and now a lot of the poses are mixed with different commands, but once I find out the child thing, I'll be able to redo everything correctly.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  orphanageimport.zip (7.6 KB, 3 downloads)
Alchemist
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 10:58 PM
Check and see if you have an old copy of the posebox in your downloads that might be causing the error. I've tried your posebox and most of the poses and it's working just fine.
Alchemist
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 11:04 PM
See photo. Was there a particular one that errored?
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 11:47 PM
Every single one errored for the children. What version of SimPE do you use?
Alchemist
#11 Old 24th Jul 2023 at 12:08 AM
75.69.32, though that shouldn't matter, since I just put your unedited files into my downloads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jul 2023 at 1:12 AM
I just looked closer into the version I have and it looks like it can be a faulty version. There are some glitches and missing parts that should be there. I just found another version. I’ll put everything through there and get back with the results.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jul 2023 at 8:14 PM
I tried to remake the posebox with the new software and it didn’t work. I tried to rename all the poses to “a-“ and that didn’t work either. I deleted the question mark and that didn’t work. I still can’t get the children to pose. Since you both can seem to do it fine in your games, can it have to do with the game itself? I’m playing a version I found online. I do have the discs, but my computer does not have a disc slot.
Alchemist
#14 Old 24th Jul 2023 at 10:31 PM
Yeah, it could be the game installation. Have you tried taking out the rest of your downloads to see if it's conflicting with something? Do you have poseboxes made by other people that children are able to use? I'd check those possibilities before reinstalling the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Jul 2023 at 11:05 PM
I installed my disc version of Sims 2 on my Mom’s computer, as she has a disc compact. I tried the posebox and only one pose worked on adult. That pose was one that was recently remade, so I think the poses became outdated. Now I’m remaking all the poses. I REALLY hope that works. It has to! At this point, I don’t know what else would be possible. I don’t have any other downloads. My own posebox is the only one I have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 6:35 PM
It didn’t work. At this point I’ll probably create another topic here about how I can tackle the error itself with the error message attached. It’s the same one each time.