Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 9:55 AM
I only started downloading stuff after I got OFB, so this will be the first I've installed an EP with custom content, I don't think I have any hacks, but is there a way I can be sure? Also would it be Ok just to move the downsloads folder elsewhere until after installation. Sorry if I'm being an idiot but this is new to me! lol
Advertisement
#27 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 5:10 PM
i get all my hacks here so meh it doesnt matter

Scholar
#28 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2rox4eva
I only started downloading stuff after I got OFB, so this will be the first I've installed an EP with custom content, I don't think I have any hacks, but is there a way I can be sure? Also would it be Ok just to move the downsloads folder elsewhere until after installation. Sorry if I'm being an idiot but this is new to me! lol

great way to check if you have hacks are the sims2 Clean Installer http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/ also yes you can just move your downloads folder to your desk top when you go to install the next ep...this is what i do..how ever i dont know if you should also move any other folders ..such as ones with you families? it doesnt bother me if i lose mine im not attcatched to them but maybe someone could say which one should move just in case simsrox needs to
#29 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:29 AM
It's just hacks that conflict usually because the game coding changes and hacking changes the game coding, so it edits something entirely different now, causing it to crash. Families should be fine. Items and clothes arn't backwards compatible because the meshes don't exist yet, is all IIRC ^^
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 3:16 PM
Could you all please read the sticky at the top of the forum- I just wrote it today:

http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=24291

Hopefully this may help you decide what you need to remove.
Scholar
#31 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 8:00 PM
oh on a side not i read in the link with daysies info...would my default replacement eyes and skin affect me gettign the ofb patch? i get a error when i tried to get it and it never occured tome it could be those hmm
Page 2 of 2