Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 10:16 PM
Default Cats-No whiskers?
Is it just me, or do the cats not seem to have whiskers? I mean whiskers are important characteristics on cats, they are connected to their nervous system giving them information of everything they touch so it's difficult for them to live without the whiskers. I know it is just a game and such but you'd think they would add whiskers on right? It just doesn't seem like a cat without the whiskers to me. :shrug: :p
Advertisement
#2 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 10:26 PM
Oh yes, I had a look at the Create A Pet Cat video and none of the cats have whiskers.

I see your point, it doesn't look quite right now you come to think about it. At least dogs have the spots where the whiskers should be
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 10:30 PM
hmm i think you might be right http://www.simtimes.de/screens/pets_--_165.htm this is an in game pic
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 10:31 PM
Actually if you zoom right in you can see the whiskers. Short stubby white ones right where you'd expect whiskers to be.

They aren't stand alone geometry probably because the size they'll be in game you wouldn't notice anyway.
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 10:39 PM
ok jabsys now i think youi might have somthing there....i had to take alook at it in psp
i sharpened it a few times so you can eally see em especially over the eyes ...so do you think they are just painted on the fur tone?
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 10:46 PM
Yep, would make sense for a small model in a game where you are zoomed out much of the time anyway.

The eye whiskers are there also.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:07 PM
Hmm, really they just look like part of the cats fur markings or color to me. It doesn't seem like whiskers to me, and thats the psp version if they are whiskers. I still don't think they put them in or least the PC version. I'm still searching some PC screenshots and found no in depth detail shots of the face with whiskers. Also, if those are whiskers *even thou thats psp pic* i still think they could have made them bigger no? I mean cats have long whiskers not many have short stubby ones. The majority has long whiskers.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:09 PM
I don't think it looks like markings at all, it definitely looks like non-3d whiskers.