Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4

However, if there were any other new turn-ons and turn-offs relating to colour such as skin colour, that would be terrible because it would be too realistic. Then we would end up having racial discrimination in The Sims as well as in real life. The hair turn-ons that came with Nightlife are fine, of course there are certain people in real life who like blondes more than others, but that's not as nearly as bad as skin colour.

I'd have to disagree. Most people try to stay with there own color If you look at society, not to be rasict or anything if people take it the worng way. I don't think they should be turn offs though, as I oculd see how that could be racial discrimination.
Advertisement
#27 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:12 AM
I don't see how having skin color would be condoning racism. Some people find people of certain races more intriguing and physically attractive because they seem more exotic. What's wrong with making a sim like that?
Theorist
#28 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:37 AM
Opps, I should have been more specific. I never meant to say that I would hate skin colour as a turn on. I just realized that it would be equal to the hair colour turn-on in a way if it was just a turn-on. However, so far it seems that if something can be a turn-on, it can also be a turn-off. If skin colour was a turn off, then that would be racist, that's probably why Maxis never included something like this in the first place. Won't it just look out of place if skin colour was only a turn-on?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:42 AM
if they putted the warewolf, they should also put the alien and zombies too. I know it sounds kinda wierd, but it would make sense anyway. Well, the game has a town called "strangetown", what else could you expect? and, after so many mods makin zombies, aliesn, elves and all that kinda of stuff, it would be quite normal :]
#30 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:31 AM
I think people are being just a bit too sensitve if they'd take the whole 'skin color turn on/off' as racism. I'm not trying to put anyone down, thats just how i see it. =P Some people think that darker people are hot.. Some people don't think really pale people are too hot. =P The only way that racism is an issue is if you make it one.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 12:21 AM
I think it could be seen as racism, though not by myself, therefore maxis will steer clear of anything that could cause uproar.
On a lighter note there could be an add on of turn ons/offs where they aren't psycical. So you have a set that are based on appearance they take affect the moment your sims sees the given sim. Then others that are to do with money/eye colour/pets/children/relationships/house size/interests that take affect (and boost attraction) after finding out the information by the asking feature. For instance if a female sim sees a man who she likes on appearance and has 2 lightning bolts but later finds out he's poor when her turn on if welath then she would go down to one lighting bolt because its something she wants in a man. You could also have turn ons/offs based on personality: "Neat Sim" or "Active Sim" I really think that would be great, I see an athetic sim having a turn on of "Active Sim" because they would like that sort of lifestyle, just an idea, I know it will never be done!
Alchemist
#32 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 12:28 AM
Oh I would love a zombie/alien/werewolf turn on! Perfect for my favorite ' hood (Strangetown).

As for the skin thing, I suppose there will be someone out there who would complain it's racist although come on that's streching it, I for example like pale skin, it doesn't mean I'm racist! It's just a preference! It would be a nice addition and already Maxis must be used to various people muttering about their game, some actually accused them of promoting pedophilia because you have naked childen in the game, so yeah. But we'll see.

Turn ons about jobs/money would be cool too. I could totally see Dina Caliente having a money turn-on!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#33 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 12:34 AM
What would be nice is the ability for modders to create turn-ons for the game. That way we could have what we want and maxis doesn't have to deal with the whole 'YOURE RACIST' stuff.
Alchemist
#34 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 12:58 AM
Yes, well said, dk...but given the fact that it hasn't been done yet I assume it's as hard as or harder than making animations...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#35 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 1:44 AM
Does anyone know anything about the current progress on making new turn ons/offs? I agree, skin colour would be great but I doubt it would be put in the game. Some people take anything preferential as racism...it's sad when peace is always the best option.
#36 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 3:50 AM
As far as racism:

I just want "Custom Skintone" as a turnon so that when I have weird beings that are pink or blue or alien or whatever, they can be attractive ;P
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
What would be nice is the ability for modders to create turn-ons for the game. That way we could have what we want and maxis doesn't have to deal with the whole 'YOURE RACIST' stuff.

What would be REALLY cool is if Maxis released some kind of tutorial, but they probably wouldn't do that because they would end up being put out of a job if simmers could create EVERYTHING on there own! LOL
#38 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 11:07 PM
it'd be cool but as turn ons and turn offs came with an ep not the base game i dont think they will bother to change them ... they didn't for ofb!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 11:57 PM
Modders can't make any new turn-ons/turn-offs because its hard coded into the game. If Maxis simply made it so it wasn't hard coded they wouldn't have to broadcast it with a tutorial modders would find out how to mod them.
Instructor
#40 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 5:03 PM
The turn ons and offs are set up to be things that a sim can change. That way if the fellow you like is turned on by blond hair, but your sim has red she can change it to get more chemistry with him. That is why skin color wouldn't work, because there is no way to change skin color in the game without a hack. Eye color would work as long as you have custom contacts in the game, but since the game doesn't come with contacts I doubt they will ever put that in. Money seems obvious...if your sim wants to attract Dina Caliente, then he better be working on his business prospects. Also a dog or cat owner could work, because then the sim would have to decide if it was worth getting a certain animal or getting rid of a beloved pet to attract someone.

The thing about being attracted to more playful or active sims, that is already in the game to an extent. A sim will be more attracted to another sim that has a similar personality. So if your sim is really playful they will like other sims that are really playful more than serious sims. It would be nice as a turn on/off though because sometimes opposties attract!
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 5:42 PM
As much as I would like to see aliens and zombies classified as turn-ons/turn-offs, I can't see that happening as it would be next to impossible to transform aliens into humans, and zombification is irreversible unless you have a mod such as the InSimenator.

It's true that opposite personalities attract sometimes. I have an engaged couple who are both Knowledge aspiration sims, with strong three-bolt chemistry between them, but he has a nice/grouchy score of 10 whilst she has a nice/grouchy score of 1.

And why would anybody want to attract Dina Caliente, anyway? She's horrid. I think gold-diggers should be classified as a turn-off.
Instructor
#42 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 7:31 PM
Yeah, I agree that zombies and aliens couldn't be included because of the fact they are things that can't be changed. Werewolves have a good chance of being added if they add any new ones at all because it sounds like it can be cured like vampirism.

HeeHee! Dina is OK, but yeah if gold diggers were an option to be a turn on or off then I would choose that as a turn off! I suppose that would make all fortune sims a turn off then, but most aspirations don't like them anyway. I believe pleasure is the only one that does besides other fortune sims (which makes sense because pleasure sims need a lot of money for their downtown forays).
Page 2 of 2