Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:52 PM
Default Puppies all White?
It seems that every image I've seen of a puppy has been that little white thing.

If all puppies were that shape and white, I'll be disapointed... :taekwondo:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:53 PM
No, I don't think all pupies are going to be white, I'll give you a link here in a sec to show you some pictures.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:54 PM
Here- Scroll down to see the pics.

http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=21967
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:56 PM
Yes, but is that a puppy or a little dog?
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:24 AM
I highly doubt all puppies in the game are going to be white dogs ... I imagine that's just one they used to show in the video. Puppies will probably look like the breed they are.
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:39 AM
I hope so. All human babies are the same, but atleast they change colour.

Just wondering, cause I've seen that little white puppy everywhere.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:41 AM
I think it's probably because he's the only puppy they've let us see so far :p
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:24 AM
I've only seen white puppies too, but maybe they're still working on the skins.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:48 AM
You know...i find this weird but theres a thread JUST LIKE THIS in sims resource and i read something kinda like this here or there...people were showing the girl pics of diffrent puppies and stuff proveing they arent just white and she was like "du show me agian?" i seen alot of white puppies and kitties but puppies im sure of are not just white...kitties i dont know about but why would maxis do that cats that way and not the dogs too?

Georgia "..I Couldnt Stop Her..That Was My Sin..And This In MY Punishment"
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:51 AM
I think they were dolmation pups and everyone who has seen 101 Dolmations knows that they are white at birth.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:03 AM
True..very true

Georgia "..I Couldnt Stop Her..That Was My Sin..And This In MY Punishment"
#12 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:30 AM
No i dont think all puppies are white.. maybe that was the color of the parent......

Have anyone seen these pics?

#13 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:42 AM
I think that with the exception of incomplete Pet skins (Any solid word on a Pet Bodyshop? I so hope so.) All kittens will be the colors that they inherit from their parents, with the possible exception, of markings, since with most cats, they don't make themselves known until post-kitten-dom.
#14 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:05 PM
I think puppies will just be the colour of their base fur layer - whatever colour that may be. That way they can have the realism of dalmations developing their spots (which would be on a higher fur layer) with time, and the dogs I've seen in most of the preview screencaps all look like they have a white base, so it's not that scary.
#15 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 5:01 PM
I hope they're not all white.

Maybe they just hadn't completely figured out how to work the genetics perfectly yet?
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 1:36 AM
If you look closely at the pictures, you'll notice that they start with a tiny white puppy, and move onto a larger white dog. There's nothing wrong, they're just using that dog as a visual example of how sim pets age.
#17 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:50 AM
Yeah they have only shown ONE puppy. I wouldn't jump to any thing about all puppies being white by just one picture.

(And not all the babies are the same. They have the same baby shape, but skin, eyes, and eye brows change.)
#18 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:55 AM
there is a puppy on my icon, it's not white
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:24 AM
You are right!That/s a very specialized puppy!
Scholar
#20 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 5:10 AM
i just think weve only seen the same puppy over and over lol except for that one in noneya00 avitar which i think is just like art and not a screeny

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Banned
#21 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:29 AM
Maybe their spots show up when they're older? My simese cat was completely white as a kitten, but when he got older his fur got darker.
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGameFan
Maybe their spots show up when they're older? My simese cat was completely white as a kitten, but when he got older his fur got darker.

Probably not. Most likely they'll just look like small versions of their adult counterparts.
#23 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:06 PM
If you look in these links there is two different sized pics, big and small. In the icon thingy where the pets are there is a little head, which im pretty sure - no alomost certain is a puppy (think its even to small to be a small dog) Which isnt white (tis blurry tho)
http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/files/...review-pet2.jpg
http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/files/...iew-pet2thm.jpg
Just thought i would post these pics i come across as i also have only seen white puppies. (even though they are not all white) However please correct me if i am wrong.
Scholar
#24 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:11 PM
nope it is an adult if you look at the age meter is shows its just recently become adult

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#25 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:29 PM
Yes the age meter is for the adult dog shown in the middle of the screen, but if you look at the icon with the little brown puppy in it the icon has not been highlighted. Meaning that age meter isnt for the puppy. And in most pics i have seen the puppy/kittens are at the bottom. Here is a pic to show a highlighted Icon. (at the top)
http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/files/...view-praise.jpg
In the pic in my other post the icon shown isnt highlighted.
Page 1 of 2