Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 1:22 PM
Default Query about expansion packs...
Hey!

Basically, I have no interest in having OFB and know that you can not load and play any lots etc that need OFB if you don't have the expansion.

Now, I do however want to get Pets and was wondering what will happen if I install anything that requires both OFB and Pets? Will it not work because I don't have OFB, or will it?

Do I make any sense?
Advertisement
#2 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 1:28 PM
You will not be able to install any content that REQUIRES an expansion that you do not have.

Although it would help if you were to be more specific. (Objects, lots, clothing, etc...)
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 1:40 PM
Well it's mostly objects and lots that I'm concerned about, as none of the clothes from OFB that I have seen in pictures appeal to me.

I'm just worried for example, that if someone builds a lot after Pets comes out, that if the said user also has OFB that I will not be able to install the lot just because I don't have that one expansion.
#4 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 2:01 PM
If that user used content from the OFB expansion pack to build that lot then no, you won't be able to use it.
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 2:20 PM
Damn :weep:

I have no interest in getting OFB, yet it seems I'm going to suffer if I don't And I'm not going to get it just to have these downloads, as another main reason for not getting OFB is that my laptop wouldn't be able to cope and I would rather have Pets.
#6 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 5:19 PM
Look at it tihs way, you're no worse off than you are now, seeing as how you can't download lots with OFB content now anyway ^_^
#7 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 7:19 PM
true

The only thing with pets you can't do w/out ofb is not have Pet shops.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 10:23 PM
If you use Clean Installer insted of sim2 pagage editor then you can load pacages if you don't have the eps. I think it will only work if the maker of the lot didn't use any of the stuff that came with the pack.
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 9:27 AM
Ah thats what's been going wrong; I tried that before but it never worked; the lots would either crash my game as soon as I tried to select them from the house bin or would cost millions of simoliens!
#10 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:26 AM
In my games, if I load a lot that needs content that doesn't exist, the whole lot glows bright blue, and I can't see or select anything. Haha!