Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 10:00 PM
Default lol Pet Fitness
i know it sounds stupid but do you think that pets will have fitness it would be more realistic if they did because i mean if you dont walk them they gain some pounds lol. they need fitness just like humans.

Minty
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 10:03 PM
I think I read before that pets don't have fitness!
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 10:08 PM
yea i tried searching it up i couldn't find anything too bad it would be cool if they did have fitness
#4 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 10:11 PM
*on a recent visit to vets discovered that one of her dogs is overweight and the other underweight*

It would be much more realistic to have fitness
But how would they gain it? They can't exactly run on the treadmill
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 10:20 PM
their fitness level could be better if they are walked daily or taken to the park you know out and about now cats might be different too.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 11:14 PM
Yeah your right. See from 1up.com. I posted this in the pets thread too a while ago...
Quote:
Also, your pet's feeding and exercise habits don't seem to have any impact on their appearance. Go ahead and make a hyperactive, morbidly obese cat. They'll be stuck that way until they die. It must be a glandular thing.
#7 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 3:56 AM
I think mini dog and cat treadmills would be great though, I can see someone in real life having one ... they would of course have to go really slow, but I can see someone in Hollywood owning one. It`s not much different than hamsters in their wheel thing.

It would be interesting for cats to improve their fitness, dogs like mentioned just get walked or taken out for some frisbee, but cats would most likely have to play in their castle thing that has the scratch post and whatnot
#8 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 9:16 AM
Well I'm certain a Modder will make a Pet Treadmill. It doesn't seem too difficult - even if the animations might be a little jaunty
#9 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 9:57 AM
I read on a chat and on 1up, that if you make the cat/dog waaaay skinny,it WILL stay that way,till the day it dies,which is dumb!
so,no pet fitness sadly
#10 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 4:24 PM
I think it would be realistic if your pet had a lazy personality, and would be prone to gaining weight because it wouldn't exercise enough and eat too much, and vise-versa. Come on... you give sims fitness levels, why not pets? They're perfectly capable of losing weight by running around or being taken for walks or something...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
Well I'm certain a Modder will make a Pet Treadmill. It doesn't seem too difficult - even if the animations might be a little jaunty

Jane... Stop this Crazy thing...

Sorry have never thought of a George Jetson Sim until now.... what with him taking Astro on 'walkies' on a treadmill... that was for some reason suspended OFF THE SIDE of his apartment.
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle

Hmm, it doesn't seem like it would be hard. I'm sure there's going to be a walking/running animation.