Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9351 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 5:38 AM
These don't have concrete ones but do have 3 types of balustrades. http://modthesims.info/d/613942/pro...-stairs-system/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#9353 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 7:22 PM
Thanks you two, those railings will make a nice change to the usual ones!
Inventor
#9355 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 5:04 AM
Ah man, a few I thought of while looking at the businesses thread in the pictures forum:

Road edging tiles and crosswalk tiles, with perhaps some matching curved or angled edging tiles. We were given asphalt tiles with and without lines, but not these finishing pieces to make nice pseudo-roads. Also, matching potholes, patches, and cracks for a more weathered look.

Yoga mats and/or a hack that stops sims from moving away from where they are put when directed to do yoga or jump rope! The mats would be clicked to direct a sim to do yoga, if they are able, and the sim would walk to it and take position on top of it. Maybe a work out mat with a similar function. The other hack would be useful because one thing that continues to frustrate me is putting a sim in a nice open spot to work out/do yoga/jump rope and they decide to go mash their face into a wall. Or, worse, move away from the open space to a wall/furniture and then complain they don't have room.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9356 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 6:08 AM
There are workout mats https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...5/exercise-mat/ not for yoga though. You can get dance positioners http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,16980.0.html I think that might work for keeping them on the spot that you want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#9357 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:06 AM
For road edges and crosswalks: http://modthesims.info/d/254576/upd...ow-with-curves/
For cracks and details, there are these recolours of Phaenoh's floor overlays: http://modthesims.info/d/363482/flo...the-dirty-side/
Phaenoh's mesh and some other great recolours are here: http://modthesims.info/d/362815/flo...sidewalk-chalk/
Inventor
#9358 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:10 PM
Thank you both! I'd searched for road tiles before but never had luck finding them. Also, I wonder if those mats could be edited to have a similar effect with yoga? Might have to put that on my 'learn about it someday' list!
Mad Poster
#9359 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 4:18 PM
Y'know what'd be nice? If the "sit" interaction got "relax" animations - daydreaming and reading, particularly. Not, obviously, if a sim sits down with them; but a sim randomly sitting on a bench in a park could pull out a book and gain some fun and literature enthusiasm.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#9360 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
I don't know if these have been mentioned already, or if they already exist, but this is what I'd like to see:

Railings (4 clicks high to use on foundation stairs) that are placeable objects, so we're not stuck with the same old ones every time. I'm thinking big concrete ones with flared edges, like in front of a library or something.

Did you have any specific stairs in mind, or just general concrete stair balusters? I have a bit of a stair fetish, and this sounds like something I'd like to give a shot.

Also, I have something similar to what you describe in my game ( I won't swear to it, but I think they're made by Holy Simoly{not sure if that's a simmer or a site}), but have no link. - probably because they came with a lot.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Instructor
#9361 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 12:40 AM
I want a mod that allows sims to confess their infidelity to their lover(s). I enjoyed that feature of The Sims 3 when I played it.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#9362 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 12:36 PM
I've been thinking a bit about those ugly lot imposters. Objects[ can be rendered as high-quality in neighborhood mode, so I'm wondering if there's some way to force the same thing for structual components like walls and roofs.

EDIT: I found this. i'm not sure if it supports my theory or not: http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co.../the-roof-is-on

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#9363 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 3:59 AM Last edited by inspiredzone : 13th Nov 2018 at 4:30 AM.
Reverse directions for all the Maxis spiral staircases. Yes, I have marvine's. Are there any others?
Top Secret Researcher
#9364 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 4:57 PM
Something to nix kids cheering about their grades after the first instance. There's probably something that gets rid of it altogether, but I like seeing it--once. After that, it's like, you have the same grade that you did yesterday, is it really worth cheering and dancing about again?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Lab Assistant
#9365 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Something to nix kids cheering about their grades after the first instance. There's probably something that gets rid of it altogether, but I like seeing it--once. After that, it's like, you have the same grade that you did yesterday, is it really worth cheering and dancing about again?

Pescado has a mod like that at MATY, it's called noaplusspam.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Theorist
#9366 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:42 PM
Since I know nothing about modding or what may be possible I'll just add some things I've been thinking would be cool ideas. Kids being able to earn a bit of money. Getting a phone call from random neighbor asking them to do a bit of yard work, run an errand, walk their dog or maybe watch over their toddler while the parent cooks a meal or something that needs tending without watching over a toddler at the same time. This could just be a simple phone call and child leaves the lot without the lot pausing if there's anyone else home. They could arrive back an hour or 2 later with a bit of money, possible a skill, depending on what they were doing. Ideas for skills social or creativity for tending toddler, cleaning for yard work, body for running errand or walking dog. Maybe teens get a phone call for babysitting while parent goes to work or grocery shopping without the little ones, or maybe tutor a child or another teen. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#9367 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve

Clothing stores that have a limit as to what type of clothing to sell.

[Not "Check out this" post] Speaking of customization, what If there was a way to allow makeover/barber stools, perhaps even in unowned lots, to make haircuts and facial features out of your chosen selections and presets on townies? Like a check list (maybe with buy-clothing user interface) to determine what haircuts could be made on sims. And with it being more advance, on what townies and what hairstyle-cuts could be scripted on respective your-choice townie (hire employee HUI but unlimited list), or at least a check what haircut from which haircut changes will be applied.

An example: I set up townie sims with haircut X to "ask for makeover" for a haircut Y. Or sim who is Bob Derb, Velma Cavemadam, or Dickson Summers will all go for Z haircut, because who been disgusted with hideos abonimations when walking past your household's lot.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#9368 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:02 AM
@inspiredzone Yes, AnoeskaB at TSR has mirrored versions of the maxis spiral stairs.
Mad Poster
#9369 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 12:31 PM
Something that sets all chance cards to 50/50.

Makes things more of a gamble, plus the FreeTime aspiration that sets them all to 80% would actually make a bit more sense, considering that many of the 'correct' options are higher than that anyways.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#9370 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Something that sets all chance cards to 50/50.

Makes things more of a gamble, plus the FreeTime aspiration that sets them all to 80% would actually make a bit more sense, considering that many of the 'correct' options are higher than that anyways.

Cyjon has Random Chance Cards .
Field Researcher
#9371 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 4:45 PM
I think that terrain that changes with the seasons would be really nice. So like during fall, the grass would turn yellow

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Mad Poster
#9372 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Pescado has a mod like that at MATY, it's called noaplusspam.

I guess a better question would be a mod that actually stops the behavior. I have noaplusspam and it doesn't do crap to stop kids/teen from cheering every single time time they get an a+.
Mad Poster
#9373 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beyondsight
Cyjon has Random Chance Cards .

How did I not notice that before?!

Lab Assistant
#9374 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I guess a better question would be a mod that actually stops the behavior. I have noaplusspam and it doesn't do crap to stop kids/teen from cheering every single time time they get an a+.

Oops, I guess that's not what that mod does. After a second look I think it might actually just suppress A+ memories from being created a second time? That's what I get for being too lazy to actually go download that document with all the hack descriptions for Pescado's hacks without their own threads.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Forum Resident
#9375 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 12:08 AM
Seeing as how I'm caught in a nasty snowstorm where i live, and it's atrocious outside... A mod or CC that I'd like to see would be similar to the power outage mini-game that never was, where sims would have to survive a blizzard that could last several days. In it, they may lose electricity and need to find ways to stay warm (this could potentially lead to a population explosion 3 days later! hahaha!). They could possibly run out of food. No delivery would be available, because they're snowed in. If the snow was bad enough, they could potentially be trapped indoors until the weather conditions improved!

I'm not really sure what kind of reward they would get for making it through the blizzard. The power outage scenario giving you a power generating windmill makes obvious sense. Snowstorm? Hmmm... Maybe you'd get an igloo or an Eskimo coat. Maybe a coal fired grill or a gas stove? haha... You guys got any ideas??

-gE
>=)
Page 375 of 576