Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1326 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I've merged your find with the thread that already exists for such a thing.

And to reiterate the comment I left on the download. It's a bloated piece of content. Contains all the textures/meshes of the originals and does not take any cc recolors. It could have been made far more efficiently and take fewer pc resources when using.

While the points are true, you could have put them forward in a nicer way. Creators need encouragement, not lectures, wouldn't you agree?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1327 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
While the points are true, you could have put them forward in a nicer way. Creators need encouragement, not lectures, wouldn't you agree?

And besides, she's not the creator, either. The criticism should have been PM'd and private, not bashed out in the open.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#1328 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:17 AM
I wish there was a way to pre-generate all the thumbnails. When you have 500+ beddings and had to reset the thumbnails file because it corrupted...

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#1329 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 2:03 AM
Funny you mentioned that Bulbizarre; it's so true. I deleted my cas thumbnail and it takes aaaaaaagggggggggeeeeeessss to reload all my hair and clothes cc. I have to do it in stages.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#1330 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 2:04 AM
I'm also an idiot. I meant to post this in the random thoughts thread.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#1331 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 3:28 AM
In case anybody missed it, Danie has just published the completed recreation of Sunset Valley for TS2:
http://danies-simsational-blog.tumb...s-sunset-valley
Trust me, it's perfect
Theorist
#1332 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam

Having pointed out any mistakes you might have made is actually helpful.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#1333 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
In case anybody missed it, Danie has just published the completed recreation of Sunset Valley for TS2:
Trust me, it's perfect

NIce! I need this to be a shopping-district, If it's ok with Danie, of course.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#1334 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
This is quite cool, and as it is all broken into plugins you can pick and choose what you want to have.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_AGS.htm

I'm sure it is quite cool, but I'm missing something. I don't quite understand what it is. What does it do?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#1335 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I'm sure it is quite cool, but I'm missing something. I don't quite understand what it is. What does it do?

From the linked page, explaining that .
Quote:
This system, known as AGS (Annoying Games Suite) will require that Sims have in their inventory, or on the current lot, a relevant buyable permission object related to the activity before they can initiate it. For example, if you get a group of sims on a lot, and one of them has a kickybag in his inventory, the sim with the kickybag can start the game, and any of the others can join it. But none of the others can start the game. If the kickybag permission object was bought and placed anywhere on the lot, any sim on the lot can start a game of kickybag.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1336 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

I don't think anyone was disputing that.
Mad Poster
#1337 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Trust me, it's perfect

Oh wow.

Also, nobody tell that girl who was weirdly obsessed with Susan Wainwright...

Alchemist
#1338 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
If the goal is to actually help, and not scold, then use a tone that's not going to discourage the person or put them on the defensive.
Mad Poster
#1339 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
NIce! I need this to be a shopping-district, If it's ok with Danie, of course.

She wants to make one, it seems.

Scholar
#1340 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:05 AM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 10th Sep 2018 at 4:32 AM.

Probably another case of I-found-something-everyone-else-knew-about-for-years, but regardless it's too cute not to post somewhere. :lovestruc

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#1341 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 9:36 AM
^ Those are only a month old, so not a problem (And they're really cute, too)
Theorist
#1342 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 1:08 PM
Gah! So adorable! I didn't see those yet Bubblebeam - thanks for posting them.
Lab Assistant
#1343 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:15 PM
the high chairs ! so cute <3333

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Forum Resident
#1344 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 12:49 AM
Not really an awesome thing, but I just learned how to use mklink to create a junction so I can take my EA Games folder out of My Documents on the C: Drive, and it cleared up a huge chunk of space on my C drive. This is where I saw the idea and I used this video in case you're curious.

How did I not know about this years ago? I was almost at the point of getting a new C drive because I was running out of space. Downloads, here I come!
Scholar
#1345 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Oh wow.

Also, nobody tell that girl who was weirdly obsessed with Susan Wainwright...

Yeah I wondered what happened to her? I didn't see another post from her in a quite a while.
Mad Poster
#1346 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 1:01 AM
I think she got banned or something.

Theorist
#1347 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Not really an awesome thing, but I just learned how to use mklink to create a junction so I can take my EA Games folder out of My Documents on the C: Drive
Since I put my stuff either in the cloud or on the desktop, pretty much the sole purpose of my Documents folder is for TS2. So, if anyone's in the same boat, I'd suggest perhaps moving the entire folder instead of creating a directory junction.

Off-topic, but I'd like to know a bit more about the Susan Wainwright fangirl?...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1348 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:40 AM
Look under social groups and yes she is banned.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1349 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Since I put my stuff either in the cloud or on the desktop, pretty much the sole purpose of my Documents folder is for TS2. So, if anyone's in the same boat, I'd suggest perhaps moving the entire folder instead of creating a directory junction.

Because I have an external hard drive, I was told a long time ago by a gamer friend to just send "My Docs" to my external drive and as long as the external drive is connected to the computer Sims 2 will load. This is how I have played ever since I started and no worries about how many downloads I have in "My Docs" because they are not on my computer using up space.
Field Researcher
#1350 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 1:19 PM
leefish shared an incredibly useful desk-and-bookcase-combined secretaire for the Eureka theme at GoS!
Page 54 of 119