Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#151 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:06 PM
Here's a new one for me: at age-transition a sim blew up. David Ottomas threw a party for his elder birthday, I made him go to cake and he started to age up... BLAM his plumb bob turned white and shot up into the air. I could swear I saw HIM shoot up into the air...but his family-picture went blank, just WHITE! I could click on him and the camera would move, but I couldn't see him anywhere. In a few minutes his picture showed a HEADLESS picture of him, but I could actually see him and he looked OK. Pretty soon his picture showed his hair-without-a-face. When I sent him to a mirror to change appearance he had no hair or eyebrows, but when I "fixed" him his picture also corrected.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:09 PM
David Ottomas ascended into the immortal plane.
Mad Poster
#153 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:23 PM
HAHA I had no idea he was so SPIRITUAL! But he did "come back to Earth".

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#154 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:15 AM
In Black Mesa, I had an apartment lot where one of the portals had glitched. I didn't actually notice this until there was a fight on the roof. I paused and zoomed in only to see one of my playables fighting with himself.

I kicked everyone out of the building shortly afterwards.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#155 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:10 PM
I had an odd glitch yesterday (well it was yesterday when I started writing this post ) with my new family the Morgans, in Baldrair Bluffs. It was some time after midnight on their second night, and I was trying to get them all to bed, except for one who was working a night shift. Suddenly all the Sims who had been in bed were up again. Some were walking aimlessly about looking for somewhere else to sleep. Others were standing listlessly beside their beds. I set about trying to persuade them all to go back to their own beds. Then, about 2 a.m. it all happened again. This time at least two of them were starting to worry about whatever was waking them up. For my part I had no idea. I started trying to get them back into bed again, but they're a fairly well-to-do family with decent beds, and some of them were telling me they weren't sleepy any more. Meantime I'm trying to think what could have caused it, and it begins to occur to me that, perhaps, they all got up when Isobel, their teenage daughter got into bed. She was one of the last to go to bed, because she played on the computer for a while after Grandma Kathrin had helped her with her homework.

Now it may help if I briefly describe the family and their living arrangements. Emma and Patrick Morgan are a married couple with two teenage children, Isobel and Cameron. Isobel is the older of the two. Both sets of grandparents are also living in the house at present. They're a matrilineal family (I like matrilineal families!), so Emma has kept her original name. Patrick changed his on marriage; his parents (and the teens' paternal grandparents) are the Ogdens (Jonathan and Kathrin). (The Morgan grandparents -- Emma's parents -- are Renee and Felix.) The intention is that at least the Ogdens will later move out and get their own home (I've already built one for them a little bit along the riverbank.) Now there are 5 bedrooms in the Morgan house: 3 upstairs and 2 on the ground floor. Four of them have good quality double beds, but one of the downstairs bedrooms is constrained by a staircase, and has twin beds instead. The parents and grandparents have the upstairs bedrooms, and the teens have the downstairs ones. As the older teen (and a Romance Sim too) Isobel has got the double bed, and Cameron has got the twin-bedded room. (Eventually when the Ogdens move out, he'll get a room with a double bed too.)

Anyway, on their first day Cameron invited over Pamela Hunt, a neighbouring girl who had brought him home from school when he and his family were still in the Family Bin. Cameron had a dream date with Pamela, fell in love with her, and invited her to sleep over. Then he went to his sister and begged her to let him and Pamela have her double bed for the night. Generous-hearted Romance Sim that she is, Isobel readily agreed, so, in their first night in the house, Isobel slept in Cameron's single bed, while Cameron and Pamela slept in her double bed. They didn't woohoo or anything like that, but they were wearing very little in the way of clothing! There were no sleeping problems that first night

On this second night there were no boyfriends or girlfriends staying the night so everyone was going to sleep in their proper beds. I'm not quite sure, but it seems that, every time Isobel got into her double bed, it glitched, and made everyone on the lot, including herself, get out of bed. Not wanting to risk it again, I asked Isobel to sleep in the second single bed in Cameron's room, and that worked fine. Everybody now stayed in bed.

I was going to move on to another family, but I think I'll play the Morgans for another day to try to get to the bottom of this. Assuming the glitch persists, I'll try to Force Error on the bed, and, if that doesn't work, I guess she'll have to sell it and get a new one. I've no idea why allowing her brother to sleep in the bed before she did should cause it to glitch, but I can't think of any other explanation. I'll post again when I've finished the next day (their Wednesday).

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#156 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:16 PM
You don't have the Smart Beds hack, do you? That assigns everyone their own bed and might not like Isobel getting into the double bed when it had already assigned her the single bed she first slept in.

Otherwise, furniture is glitchy sometimes. Just sell the bed and buy a new one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#157 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:52 PM
@AndrewGloria - could be a really, really, really weird mod conflict. But I've seen beds glitch and have odd results. Might be worth replacing (and upgrading!) them if the family can afford it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#158 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 12:24 AM
Several years back in my sister's game the gardener came as usual... but more and more of her just started spawning so there were about a dozen gardeners on the lot.

Only a couple of them were actually gardening while the rest started to hang out like it was their own home... playing awesomely on the piano, swimming, blowing bubbles together, etc.
Scholar
#159 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 12:43 AM
Charity, I've had Smart Beds in my game for some time now, and never seen a glitch like the one AndrewGloria describes. I've had sims throw a hissy fit when "their" bed is occupied, and it doesn't function correctly with bunk beds (sims like to use the top bunk autonomously, regardless of which bed is actually theirs!), but that's all.

@AndrewGloria, if you do have that mod, maybe try clearing all bed ownerships and resetting them. That might be enough to solve the issue. If not, it's likely a conflict, or just glitchy furniture. Can you recreate the problem on another lot?

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#160 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 1:04 AM
Sims who work at owned businesses might end up getting a promotion to "Unused 3."

Mad Poster
#161 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 2:32 AM
Oh..well this is certainly better than being used 4 anything.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#162 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You don't have the Smart Beds hack, do you? That assigns everyone their own bed and might not like Isobel getting into the double bed when it had already assigned her the single bed she first slept in.

Otherwise, furniture is glitchy sometimes. Just sell the bed and buy a new one.
Thanks to ihatemandatoryregister and Selly_2009 too!

No I don't have the Smart Beds hack. There's some reason I don't have it. Either it clashes with some favourite mod, or it needs some EP I don't have. Anyway it's maybe just as well I don't have it -- this sort of bed swapping is not uncommon in my game. You know, before Gloria built a little extension at 19 Chorus Court, and there was room to give Andrew his own double bed, Gloria used to regularly give up her own double bed and sleep in Andrew's little bed, so that he could spend the night in bed with Julian? Now, how many mums would do that for their teenage son. No wonder Andrew thinks she's special! :lovestruc

. . . So, it looks like, if Boolprop TestingChestsEnabled true/ Force Error doesn't work, there will be no real option but to sell the bed and get a new one. Isobel's bed is a Maxis Soma "Sleep Well" costing §2,600, so I really don't think she needs a dearer one!

The bed that has glitched most often for me is Rebecah's Princess Bed. In fact I know I might have problem when I next play Miriam Hunter's lot in Bluewater -- because it's glitched there with a Sim inside it. Maybe it was inevitable that it would glitch if I let a boy sleep in a Princess Bed! Can you guess which boy in my game would want to get into a Princess Bed? Yes, of course! It's precocious little Hans Moltke on a sleepover with his friends Hermes and Candy. When I last looked at that lot, I could neither click on Hans nor the bed. So I suspect I'll have no option but to turn Boolprop TestingChestsEnabled on and delete the bed with Hans in it. That worries me just a little, and I'll back up first, but Hans is just a visitor here and I trust that he should be ok on his own lot. I'll maybe need to use a leleporter to bring him back to hve breakfast with his friends.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#163 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 1:18 PM
I wonder if this could be that recurring issue with 'chairs surrounding bed' some users have. I've seen that error pull Sims out of bed.

Mad Poster
#164 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 2:34 PM
It kind of sounds like a hack conflict if it's happening with more than one bed.
Scholar
#165 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 2:49 PM
Here's a strange glitch- It says Charity posted, but the last post shown is ihate's on here for me!

Edit: Once I posted this, it showed up. What??
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#166 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:21 PM
It's because Charity posted on the classic version of the site. Known bug.

Mad Poster
#167 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:27 PM
Gee, I didn't even know we had "classic".

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#168 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:29 PM
Just add "classic" where the www would normally go in the URL. I'd post an example but the URL will autoreplace.

Mad Poster
#169 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 1:33 AM
Yeah, the URL thing is annoying. Classic discrimination. XD
Mad Poster
#170 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:46 AM
Classic View is the interface we all used to access MTS up to about 2014. (Or was it 2015?) You must remember it grammapat; you've been around here longer than me.

The URL to access the Sims 2 forum in Classic View is:

(Shown as a graphic so it won't be autoreplaced!)

I have it saved in Favourites in Internet Explorer so I can access it easily.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#171 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:01 AM
I've only been here since 2016, so I wouldn't know. I checked it out and I don't really like it. Nice that it's an option, though!
Scholar
#172 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:11 PM
alljoj, I found the current interface too bright on the eyes to start with - I joined in 2009 so was used to the brown. It took me a while to adjust (in fact, it might've been part of the reason I disappeared for a long time!).

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#173 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 10:00 PM
Way too bright indeed. I got here in 2007...what brown?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#174 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 4:30 PM
My bed glitch with the Morgans sorted itself the next day, without me doing anything. During the day, the paternal grandparents, Jonathan and Kathrin Ogden, moved out and moved into their own house a couple of doors along the street, but at least for the moment I've kept everybody in the beds they were in, the Ogdens' room becoming a spare bedroom. At night, Cameron (the younger of the two teens) got into his own single bed, and I told Isobel to sleep in pyjamas in her double bed in the next door room. There was no problem: Cameron didn't get up. I left Isobel in bed for longer than I meant to, so when she got up, she wasn't tired any more, but after a while, including her entertaining Andy Bellum who came to visit, and after everyone else was in bed, I sent her back to her own double bed, this time telling her to stay in her undies. Again there was no problem: everyone stayed in bed, and, by the morning, they had all slept quite well.

So, what caused the problem the night before? I really don't know, but I've an odd hunch that it might have been that, when Isobel went to bed in her undies, the rest of them all "thought" she had got into bed beside them. (Family members will happily share a double bed, but only if they're both wearing pyjamas -- Sims evidently think it's improper to share a bed with a child or teen relative, if one or both of them is wearing underwear.) So did I somehow clear the bug by telling her to sleep in pyjamas? (Most of my Sims usually sleep in underwear.) I've really no idea, but I'll certainly keep an eye on sleeping arrangements in that family in the future.

Oddly enough I had a bed glitch in the next family I played, but it was of a more familiar kind. The McLeish's are another large family, and, as can easily happen when a large family has just moved in, one of the children or teens had briefly gone to sleep in the marital bed. When it came time for the parents to go to bed (and both of them wanted to woohoo), Paula wouldn't/couldn't join her husband Michael in bed. The bed must have "thought" the child was still in it. When Force Error / Reset didn't work, I turned on MoveObjects, and sold the bed. I reimbursed them for the depreciation on it, and bought them a slightly better bed, since they'd wasted half the night trying to get into the old one. They woohooed and slept ok, but they had lost so much time before they got to bed that, even with a better bed, I had to use SetHour to give them anything like enough sleep.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#175 Old 1st May 2018 at 3:12 AM Last edited by grammapat : 2nd May 2018 at 5:18 AM.
Odd mesh problem? I have some long, plain white nightgowns - and one of them is "see through", actually it's like a naked skin, stretched out to a nightgown form. And now I have a new one: a bunch of new renaisance clothes gave me an "outfit" that is a naked body, with edges at the ankles and sleeves. But the stupid part is it isn't "on" right. I would post a picture, but then you couldn't see the buttocks - on the right hip. Or the one nipple, on the left shoulder blade. Or the shadow of a long arm down the right side and leg.

Page 7 of 15