Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 3:00 PM
Conversions, especially from Sims games, but also from other games too.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 3:42 PM
Clothes! Especially sexy skimpy clothes for my male Sims. (Maxis made loads of such clothes for females, but mostly boring passion-killing stuff for males )

Which is why I'm delighted at the "stubbies" for teen, adult and elder males that Charity has just uploaded. Christmas had come early for my Sims this year!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 3:58 PM
I can't resist downloading well-made custom foods.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#29 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 4:25 PM
You don't need CC for interesting gameplay, Phoenix! If you're interested in your game, then it's interesting.

At the moment I have a moratorium on most things that aren't suitable for Retropleasantspot or for making the BACC more DIY. But there is one universal that has remained constant through the years, and it started in Sims 1 - curtains and windowshades. I must always have more of them, and it takes awhile to build up enough recolors that I feel satisfied. Most of all, I need more curtains that will look good on windows that are centered on two tiles - most double curtains are too wide, and the only in-game ones are the ruffled ones from Seasons, which really only look right in kitchens and little girls' rooms. And people just don't make them! So point me to some curtains and I'm off! I've downloaded huge sets and discarded everything in them except the curtains more than once.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#30 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 6:06 PM
hair,clothes,mods lots stuff that is useful for me

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#31 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 6:08 PM
Any new animations (when available) and @Peni Griffin I agree, always like to get new shades for the windows.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 6:26 PM
Fruit bowls, gnomes and freezer bunny things. :D
Theorist
#33 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Most of all, I need more curtains that will look good on windows that are centered on two tiles - most double curtains are too wide, and the only in-game ones are the ruffled ones from Seasons, which really only look right in kitchens and little girls' rooms. And people just don't make them!

I don't think anyone knows you want them! Seriously, I'm making curtains to fit my windows and it never occurred to me -- I just assumed everyone used the quartertile or snapobjectstogrid cheats for 1 tile windows centered on two tiles?

p.s.
I love browsing cc and seeing what everyone is making but I download almost nothing for my game. I don't even keep all of my own stuff -- super quick load times is my obsession I guess.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:05 PM
Believe it or not, it's only occurred to me once to use cheats to place them, and only after I'd already tried some curtains that looked truly awful. I just don't build or decorate with cheats very often. Even move_objects is something I prefer to leave off most of the time. Partly because I need things to snap to the grid because I literally can't see straight - it's a very fussy, annoying job to get things lined up right if I have to do it all by sight.

There are windows I just never use because I can't find good curtains for them.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#35 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:13 PM
Makes sense to me, Peni. When/if I ever share my curtain edits if you like them/want them let me know and I'll center all of the single tile curtains on two tiles for you so you can use them without cheats.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:21 PM
Oh, I'm certain I'd want them!

Theorist
#37 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Oh, I'm certain I'd want them!

:lovestruc

Ok, I'll be sure to include them.
Alchemist
#38 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:47 PM
main things I downloaded for sims2::
-Maxiod content
-various of the "essential" mods/hacks
-various programs
Mad Poster
#39 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:26 PM
It comes in waves. Recently, it was plants (particularly harvestable ones, such as Sun&Moon's) and curtains (it's not easy to find a curtain that can easily snap between a window and a piece of furniture without using move_objects).

My favorites? Any modded object that opens up new avenues of gameplay without using a custom NPC. I don't have an objection to custom NPCs IF I want them in the game. But I don't want a whole lot of them!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:28 PM
default replacements. They do 80% of my 2GB download folder O3O

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#41 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:49 PM
We are going to get curtains from @Honeywell!!!!
Scholar
#42 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:56 PM
Clothing and hair. However, right now I'm trying to streamline stuff, weed out the rubbish and only have in what I truly love (and am happy townifying in the case of clothing). Default replacements do make up some of it, but by no means all.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Theorist
#43 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
We are going to get curtains from @Honeywell!!!!
lol I do love you!

But please don't anyone hold their breath. I have to finish my build set first and even then they're just edits to the loft curtains I started like three years ago... I'm really bad about finishing these huge projects I start.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:02 PM
A lot of mods and period/historical clothes. Most recently also conversions from Sims 4 to 2. Especially clothes and hair.
Theorist
#45 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:06 PM
Lately, I cannot get enough of downloading old (2006-2009) quality object meshes and rehabbing them for my own game use.

There are just so many old quality meshes out there that simply needs some slight modding/tweaking/updating (added EP functionality is a big one as a lot of creators just made meshes basegame compatible back then), and a fresh new texture or two to really spruce them up. It has made decorating my sims homes quite fun and given me a new sims related project that is really enjoyable. SimPE has become my middle name.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:09 AM
Hair. Most of my download folder is Poppet's hairs.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:11 AM
Lately it's cc-free lots and sims.

Past obsessions included eye sets, hair, and clothes. I'm STILL trying to trim that subfolder down.

You can spy on my sims on tumblr @ejsims
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#48 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Seasonal trees/shrubs/flowers/crops. I need them all! :-D

I might have to ask you to share a list.

For me mostly though, mods that change gameplay. But they have to be well done and fairly major - little tweaks I don't bother with. Too much keeping track to ensure I don't get conflicts.

And all the newer neighbourhood decor. I love that stuff.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Hanging with the Gnomies
#49 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peace
What are you obsessed with downloading?

Beards.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 9:33 PM
I think this goes for all versions of the Sims (1-4) but in the Sims 2 in particular, I was obsessed with Pokémon, Sailor Moon and the beat-'em-up games like Dead or Alive or King of Fighters so CC modeled after those franchises were my favorite.

In fact, I made an entire neighborhood with all the Gym Leaders, Elite Four members and Frontier Brains from Generations I-V in various houses.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Page 2 of 4