Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 9:35 PM
Conversions. I love them.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:04 AM
Hair, weird colored hair!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It goes in waves. A few years ago it was cars. Last year it was hairstyles. I seem to be into TS3 and TS4 furniture conversions at the moment.

But my number one irresistible obsession is CEMETERY STUFF!

I have whole folders full of graves and mausoleums and creepy statues and etc., much of which will probably never even go in my Downloads folder. BUT I MUST HAVE IT!!!

Just found some mausoleums on Kativip's site that I hadn't noticed before. They're enormous and totally impractical and I probably won't even bother to put them in my game, but I have to have them RIGHT NOW!!! (We need a drooling smilie!)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#54 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Just found some mausoleums on Kativip's site that I hadn't noticed before. They're enormous and totally impractical and I probably won't even bother to put them in my game, but I have to have them RIGHT NOW!!! (We need a drooling smilie!)

I made a nice Victorian cemetery with those. In combination with SophieDavid's mist and fog generator (extracted effects from the game), it looks great.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#55 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:07 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 9th Jun 2018 at 5:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Seasonal trees/shrubs/flowers/crops. I need them all! :-D

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I might have to ask you to share a list.

There is a partial, not up-to-date list here (in my original post and some more further down the page). I haven't updated it for quite a while and there is definitely more out there nowadays - I will try to update it at some point but I don't know when I will have the time and/or the energy to do so :-(

There is also a short list with names of creators/sites but without links here.

**ETA** I updated the list at the first link to include all of the seasonal trees/shrubs/flowers etc that I am currently aware of. If anyone knows of any others please do post a link in that WCIF thread! :-)
Mad Poster
#56 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I can't resist downloading well-made custom foods.

My Sims eat better than me sometimes.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#57 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 4:29 PM
Hair and Plants....I need more Plants. You can never have enough... No seriously... I need plants & Flowers. I can't landscape to save my life, but it is something I think I can learn to be good at if I have enough plants and flowers and grass and stuff...
Mad Poster
#58 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:02 PM
Hair and clothes. I think I have about 3 custom objects (not including modded objects) and literally everything else in my downloads folder is hair and clothes.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#59 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:39 PM
@RoxEllen1965 Don't know if you have these yet. http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...inghour_graves/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#60 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Gnome
Beards.

For your wife?
Hanging with the Gnomies
#61 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
For your wife?

At least I have a wife!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#62 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Gnome
At least I have a wife!

:cylon:
Screenshots
Undead Molten Llama
#63 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:53 PM
Eyes. I have literally about 2000 custom eyes, more than I could ever possibly use, especially since I don't even make Sims (They're either born in game or I just let CAS randomly make them)...and yet I still keep downloading eyes. I keep telling myself that one day I will go through them and thin them out and then put them all on an internally-consistent genetic scale but...heh. Yeah. Heh.

Also, plants. Indoor potted plants, outdoor plants, flowers in vases, plants in planters, whatever. Doesn't matter if it's plants that go in the "Deco" category or plants that go in the "Landscape" category. If it's a plant, I will likely download it. Again, I have...hundreds of plants, and consistently use only a fraction of them, and yet I keep downloading more.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
@RoxEllen1965 Don't know if you have these yet. http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...inghour_graves/

I hadn't seen those. They're nice! Thanks very much!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 5:20 PM
Mods, fixes......the occasional eyeliner or hair

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Forum Resident
#66 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 5:41 PM
Two words. Default. Hairs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:03 PM
I also have default hairs and clothes! I am constantly changing them!

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:13 PM
Makeup, hair and clothes x: I write a story so I have to have a lot of those xD
Field Researcher
#69 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 10:44 PM
Male clothing, but only because those are the hardest to find. Luckily, I got over custom hair. Although to be honest, with the lack of spare time nowadays, I get down to bussiness (read: I play until the dark circles around my eyes turn ten shades darker) right away, hence downloads have decreased considerably.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:10 AM
Beautifully decorated houses!!! And then I don't play with them. I just decorate my neighborhood so it looks pretty. And then I destroy the neighborhood and start over. I mean I do play, but I get in these phases where I am more about making a nice looking neighborhood. Usually themed. Victorian was my favorite for awhile, but I hate the mismash of houses that EA has, so I like shiny new ones. I can't help myself!!!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#71 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:48 AM
Plants. Curtains. Rugs.

And then more plants, curtains and rugs. It's a never ending not-so-vicous cycle that I'm not really complaining about. (Although I do find myself wondering what in the world I think I'm going to do with all of those plants, curtains and rugs quite often...)
Mad Poster
#72 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 2:35 AM Last edited by gazania : 14th Jul 2018 at 9:15 AM.
Depends on the mood. Last time, it was outdoor Seasons-friendly trees and plants. Lots of Gwenke and Raynuss. The time before that, it was lighting. Bird-themed stuff was another favorite.

But the thing that makes me exclaim, "I want. NOW!" is interactive skill-building stuff that does not generate a custom NPC. Sophie-David stuff is like catnip to me, as was Sun&Moon's stuff. Oh, and let's not forget NixNivis and Crisps & Kerosene.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 1:00 PM
So many! Let's see...
The biggest one, wall and floor tiles, especially for use in the kitchen, Maxis/EA gave us so little to make our kitchens and bathrooms distinct and people mostly make tiled walls that are full-height or toilet-height so I have never enough kitchen tiles!
Wooden floors, especially because I play Maxis-Match and a lot of CC floors are a little too photo-realistic for my tastes so I take all MM wooden floors I can get.
Functional objects, which was also my obsession in The Sims. Especially skill-building stuff, sadly I don't like the look of a lot of older stuff.
Plants! Doesn't matter if it's Buy or Build. Lights, especially wall lamps. Eye-shadow that doesn't define eyelids too much and eye-liners. All make-up suitable for aliens. For hair, it's bob-cuts for women, most 4t2 hair, short styles (especially for men) that look fairly natural (plenty of a-styling-product-pot-a-day styles already!
(Deco)books. Statue(tte)s). Paintings for something else than the BV Travel Poster mesh. Desk chairs. Old-fashioned furniture.
Smart-casual or just smart clothing or casual-cool clothing. MM punk clothing. Chic clothing for women with heels I don't detest. Formal clothing that actually looks suitable for business rather than the red carpet. Clothing for children.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 4:56 PM
Clutter. And everything else as well, of course, but clutter is still my drug of choice.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:10 PM
Male hair and clothes. There's tons of stuff for females but hardly anything at all for male Sims.
Page 3 of 4