Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 6:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Disappearing homework - Worked before installing AL.
Every now and then, I see posts about disappearing homework and here is yet another.

Today I was playing a family that I have not been playing for a while. The lot might have been opened after installing AL but I think I was so bored at the time so I just saved abd moved on. Anyway, today was "monday" at this lot so the teenagers went to school. And when they came back, non of them was carrying any homework. OK, I know about kids losing their homework if there is no related adults on the lot but in this case there is. The girl have her mother living there and the sees them as releted so it should not be a problem (the teenage girls boyfriend lso lives on the lot but his mother have moved somewhere else). OK, I said. Then I wait 24H to sse what happens tomorrow. Just after 13 the bus arriwed whit the teens and the girl had her notebook in her hand. But just for so long as it took for her to climb the stair to the front door. after that she lost it. The boyfriend did not have any homework at all. I do not know if any other family do have this problem but I will check (when I get the time).

Now this issue is not so much of a problem as long as the grades stays at the correct level. If they are about to sink I can use the "College adjuster" to set them. But I do find it very annoying that the AL EP did add so many bugs and glinshes as it did. This is just one of them.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 6:54 PM
Did you apply the AL patch after installing it? Also, do you have any mods that affect school or homework? If you do, you might need to get an updated version of it/them because your game engine changed. It's also possible that you have non-school-related mods that need updating and that are affecting this issue. The game's programming is complex enough that one un-updated can have very unrelated effects.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:07 PM
Even if the girls mother is on the lot the kids could still be looking for their dad instead. I would try that mod anyway.
Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:24 PM
might also check if there are messages in Logs folder. filename would probably contain "Object Error".
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:34 PM
iCad: Yes, my game is patched. As told, I have the College Adjuster (hope I spelled it correct). That's a mod I could take out anyway because I don't use it.

Fearless Butterfly: It's just one girl and it's her mother. No other adults are on the lot.

mdsb759: I'm not on my Windows computer at the moment but if there is a log file I will check it.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
iCad: Yes, my game is patched. As told, I have the College Adjuster (hope I spelled it correct). That's a mod I could take out anyway because I don't use it.

Fearless Butterfly: It's just one girl and it's her mother. No other adults are on the lot.

mdsb759: I'm not on my Windows computer at the moment but if there is a log file I will check it.

Before you play that lot again, type Control + Shift+ C then boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true and then you should get an Error Log file that might help tell what is wrong. That log is the log that the other person was referring to.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 7:26 AM
Thank you lordtyger9.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 2:05 PM
OK, I did get a log but only for the boy. Don't know what's wrong whit the girl. Posting it under spoiler. College adjuster was removed.

Alchemist
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Before you play that lot again, type Control + Shift+ C then boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true and then you should get an Error Log file that might help tell what is wrong. That log is the log that the other person was referring to.
actually, error files get generated regardless of the cheat or not. the cheat lets the player see the messages in-game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 7:27 PM
Are you sure? Before I did the boolprop thing I only had one error file and that one was from way back (and for another family).
Alchemist
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Are you sure? Before I did the boolprop thing I only had one error file and that one was from way back (and for another family).
fairly sure; I recall messages in Logs folder before using testingcheatsenabled.
and your other family probably confirms it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 9:10 PM
Um, yeah. I think I fooled myself a little. Sorry.

Anyway, what is this Tree Tree thing? Please note that it was the boy, Romeo, alone that had an error. The girl did not do it but she did not have any homework either (sorry, I do not remember her first name but the last name is surely Williams). The error message did come whit three options. Abort did nothing so I clicked Reset and the girl teleported down the stairs and onto the driveway. I had to redo the operation as I did not have the cheat set the first time and the first time Romeo had taken a friend home. But the friend did not get off the bus, he just spawned at the lot.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 9:25 PM
I don't know what's causing your error, but I can tell you this much from my experiences with school errors: the boy's error causes whatever makes them be at school/come home from school/generate report card and homework to reset, and bounces all other sims at school (child or teen) back to the lot. So she may or may not have an error as well, but you wouldn't see it unless she gets off the bus first, if she did.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 10:04 PM
She DID infact get off the bus first and began to walk inside but the homework was gone before she came inside. Romeo was not carrying any homework at all. Also, bot of them seemd very dissapointed whit their grades but she is a 5 and he is a 4+ student.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:23 PM
Sounds like a mod glitch, my guess is you need to update your mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sounds like a mod glitch, my guess is you need to update your mods.

It might be but the problem is that I don't keep track on what mods I got. I know some but not all. I do not have the time to look into it more this week or the next but after that we'll see. Anyone have a theory of whitch mod it might be? I did take the college adjuster out and I do not have anymore mods reffering to school. The only mod active on this lot is ACR (and that one is everywhere). Hm, don't know. A theory is that the lot is corrupt but why? When open up the lot (sims nighttime) a pinguine walked by. On the first day of summer...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 12:14 AM
Quote:
Anyway, what is this Tree Tree thing?

Bad gosub tree? That means you are either using a mod that needs an EP that you don't have or it needs another file. Perhaps one of your mods requires another file now that you have updated. This can also refer to a modded object on your lot.

"reference to tree tree parameter where none exists" Did you move sims out with furniture in their inventory, in particular the beds? if so sell the beds and replace them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 11:01 AM Last edited by Mrmo : 4th Jul 2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Bad english
I do not remember moving a sim out whit furnitures. And if I did that was a very long time ago. Not much have changed on the lot either. They have a new car, a sims 3 conversion, can that corrupt the lot?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 1:24 PM
Probably not. Any piece of cc can become corrupted but that would not make the lot itself corrupted. Does this happen if you test the car on other lots? The only way you will know what is going on is by testing. Might be time for 50/50.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 1:53 PM
OK, I did try it anyway and deleted the car. I also did run Hoodchecker whit the Remove function. But No, it did not work, Took a screeshot. As you can see non of the teens have any homework. The girl, Tamina for identification, did walk up the stair but teleported back to where she stands. The frontdoor works OK so why?

Alchemist
#21 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:30 PM
3 programs can "keep track" of any kind of custom content::
-main site's Content Manager; now accessible through Wayback Machine's version of site.
-this site's Download Organizer.
-Clean Installer.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:46 PM
Thanks. I'm going abroad shortly and therefor have no time at the moment. But I can take a look at it when I come back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 11:21 PM
You need to do a 50/50 and find what mod/s are glitching. As I said it's unlikely to be the car but a global mod.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You need to do a 50/50 and find what mod/s are glitching. As I said it's unlikely to be the car but a global mod.

OK, I have to take a look when I come back.

But for now I can't recall having a lot of mods and I do not remember if there are different versions of them. I list the ones I knows bellow. Maybe you can tell me if they can be updated.

"Nomorecrumplebottom" (from here)
"ACR" (From Simbology. There is a V2 relesed 2010 but I think I downloaded after that)
"ShareBed" (from ? . Teen/adults can share bed).
"Teen/adult-adult/teen attractive fix" (from Simbology).
"Formal sign" (from Simlogical)
"Creaturefixes" (from ? )

More mods will be added if I remember that I have them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 10:00 AM
Hi again.

I'm back from my trip abroad. I did took s radical step and pulled the entire downloadsfolder out of the Sims2 folder. Yes, all of it. The lot I have problem whit does not hold much, if sny, CC so it's no big deal.

Anyway, I did send the teenagers to school and when they returned home the boy did get of the bus first, checking his notes. The girl kind of teleported out, glinshed into a wall and then stood by the stairs to the front door (see post #20). Non of the kids had any homework. What now?
Page 1 of 2