Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 4:39 AM
Default Easy CASP & CC Magic
Hello!

After returning to this game many years later and finally buying the expansions I always wanted (lol), I just started rebinning some clothes for Outerwear using Kuree's Easy CASP (great program).
If someone who is knowledgable about both Easy CASP and CC Magic is around, my question is this:

Before I set up CC Magic the first time, I moved all my installed .dbc files from DBCache to a backup location. Can I theoretically move them back into that folder purely for Easy CASP to read the content (so I can recategorise stuff), generate a new package that overrides the .dbc data (relocate those .dbc files again) and THEN will that new package still affect those clothes if I place it in my Overrides folder even though they are now installed as package files (not .dbc) courtesy of CC Magic?

According to my very limited understanding, I suspect it will not work because the game seems to recognise installed '.sims3pack' files as a different entity from installed packages, but I wanted to throw the question out there nonetheless :D

Very glad to see that the Sims 3 modding community is still alive and well nearly 10 years later haha

Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 5:34 PM Last edited by C. Dark : 17th Sep 2023 at 12:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by roonya
Hello!

After returning to this game many years later and finally buying the expansions I always wanted (lol), I just started rebinning some clothes for Outerwear using Kuree's Easy CASP (great program).
If someone who is knowledgable about both Easy CASP and CC Magic is around, my question is this:

Before I set up CC Magic the first time, I moved all my installed .dbc files from DBCache to a backup location. Can I theoretically move them back into that folder purely for Easy CASP to read the content (so I can recategorise stuff), generate a new package that overrides the .dbc data (relocate those .dbc files again) and THEN will that new package still affect those clothes if I place it in my Overrides folder even though they are now installed as package files (not .dbc) courtesy of CC Magic?

Hey, well the first answer after 4 years but, if you are still playing sims 3
Easy Casp is only reading EA stuff from the original installation like base game and extensions (no store stuff) from the DCCache folder *dbc.
this generated CASP.package is located then in the root Mods\Packages where it should be, of course you can make a copy for backup.
https://www.nraas.net/community/Bla...asy-CASP-Editor some more tips.

CCMagic is for organizing custom content and to merge them automatically to the mods folder.

I would recommend to only install EA original stuff via launcher, also EA original worlds, and

to "install" all other custom contend, including downloads from the exchange (you should extract the sims3pack to package files (also to know if there are more items included)
either with CC Magic (read the notes of it carefully) or in the Mods Packages folder.

You don't need to place it in the overwrites folder.

Or did you manage it or stopped playing?

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 8:18 PM
Goodness me, your timing is impeccable. I just decided to start playing again and logged in here only to find your kind reply from less than 1 month ago :D
Now if only I could understand my own question after all this time lmao
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 12:05 PM Last edited by C. Dark : 17th Sep 2023 at 12:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by roonya
Goodness me, your timing is impeccable. I just decided to start playing again and logged in here only to find your kind reply from less than 1 month ago :D
Now if only I could understand my own question after all this time lmao

Cool, so if you have any "new" questions to it?

Do you get it to work both?

The note on nraas page I linked, what install do you have?
"Note: EasyCASP Editor is a great tool to use, but it currently only functions on Patch 1.67/disc installs on Windows. It will not work on Patch 1.69/Origin nor on 1.67/Steam installations."

If you don't have a disc installation: there is another way to recategorize EA stuff, even store content
- you need to extract only the CASP file from all Sims3Pack files by yourself and combine them with S3PE in your own casp file package. The casp can be edited via the Grid button.

For extracting I use S3PackageViewer.

I think placing it in packages mods folder should work. I did use it f.i the store content with a lot of pants making them available for outerwear too or disabling "is hat" for women hair, because I don't use the hat category at all.

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics