Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:53 PM
Default CAW/CAMERA Routting
Hey guys!This time i want to ask what happens if i dont "close my world" with "Camera non-routable" all around but behind,left and right of my world cause i started my world from almost the very first square-chunk and if I put there the "Camera non-routable" maybe that will cause a problem to me ...
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 12:05 AM
It won't cause a problem; the camera will not route out of the world anyway. The non routing paint is for aesthetic purposes- if there is a part of the world you don't want players to see, or a steep part that gives camera bounce- but it won't affect functionality.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:54 AM
It will just irritate anyone else who sees it maybe if you plan to upload anywhere? But if this world is just for your own making and it does not bother you, it does not make any difference.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
It will just irritate anyone else who sees it maybe if you plan to upload anywhere? But if this world is just for your own making and it does not bother you, it does not make any difference.

So i can start any world from the first chunk without cause any problem?
dodgy builder
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arisvamp
So i can start any world from the first chunk without cause any problem?

If you want a real answer to that you have to post pictures of your plan. It's always a good idea to leave the edges for terrain though, have natur or sea there. It might just be my feeling, but to me it's like the flat earth society claiming if you get to the edge of the world, you will fall into hell ... or something.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 12:24 AM
As simsample said, it will not affect how the world will play, but if not an island world or that is not a coastal area it just may not look good to some folks like me that do not like to see the edges of the worlds. That is why EA uses the camera routing, so we do not see them. How far along are you? Will you want to upload this world anywhere?

Generally, ask questions like this before you start the world.

edit: Volvenom you beat me to the post! And I thought about falling off the edge of the earth too! LOL
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 7:16 AM
Starting right at the edge of the world with what? Building lots and adding content? Especially if you plan to make a large world this may prove too much to be playable in the end. So yes, it would help if you showed some screenshots or pictures of what you have in mind or did so far.