Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Less attractive vending machines

by kestrellyn Posted 24th Sep 2018 at 1:47 AM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 3:22 AM
Oh my goodness! Thank you so much, I needed this! I hadn't got around to pulling out all vending machines from lots that had them; now I won't have to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 12:26 PM
Oh, thank you! My students almost starved browsing the vending machine while lunch was ready.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 3:26 PM
AH--- I've had that problem during the Apartment Mania contest https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=613435
My test sims all died of starvation in front of the dreaded things
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 11:26 PM
I think it was actually you posting that that made me realize it wasn't just my imagination that all my visitors kept getting distracted by the vending machines, lol.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 3:48 AM
Will this also work on owned community lots?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 9:12 AM
Thank you so much!! This is so useful!! Now I can put these things on community lots again!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Will this also work on owned community lots?

This specifically doesn't disable "Browse" for vending machines on lots where there is a sim-owned business, because that is a separate interaction that I presume works like other "Browse" interactions for items on business lots. I can add a second file that will disable that interaction on business lots too, but I'm actually about to go on vacation for a few days, so not immediately.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 2:09 PM
Another awesome mod.
I love the fact you left the interactions for business lots.
Thank you for this and for sharing this work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:03 PM
Oh my goodness THANK YOU. THis was driving me crazy!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 2:24 AM
Thanks so much Kestrellyn. I was sick and tired watching Sims making queues for the vending machines.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 1:30 AM
Thanks. I always thought it was a bug or mod conflict causing sims to stare at vending machines for hours on end. Now sims have the do or don't option autonomously. Nice save.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 9:43 PM
Works wonderfully---no surprise, of course. Thank you as always!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 4:23 AM
Seriously a big help for my apartment lots and I also love your description it's very inventive, this is why I love the Sims2 community