Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 1:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Did I corrupt my own save file? Or is it the Custom World/Sims?
I broke my laptop that I play Sims 2 on but wanted to play Veronaville. I didn't want to start all over in TS2 on a new computer while waiting. SO I decided to download this neighborhood:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...p?topic=14619.0
and these Sims:
https://danjaley.tumblr.com/post/19...no-see-from-the

Without going into too much detail, I moved the head Capp household to Capp Manor, made a bunch of community lot edits, added the deceased relatives household, then used Mastercontroller to add familial relations and marry Consort and Cordelia Capp. At this point, I noticed some of the Sims to not be self-selectable when active (Consort, Juliette, Tybalt for example). Their cell phones also could not be used. I do not know what caused this. This is when I made my first, and only so far, official backup. I have ran into different issues moving forward causing me to go back to this point. In my most recent try, I made my edits in CAS (adding outerwear) and gave the first household umbrellas. I changed the aging to match my aging I have in TS2 (essentially default but with added elder time to account for University). This is when I realized that I hadn't pushed play on the game to allow the deceased relatives to fully move in because they had "Days until age up: Never". I pushed play and it fixed it. I saved, then set up my NRaas mods like Register, Tempest, and Story Progression. I saved again. Then I went into edit town mode and moved in the second household. However, it just showed the loading pop up for about a half hour before I gave up and forced shut down. I restarted and it got stuck on the loading screen. I deleted cache and tried again, no luck. I went back to the game-made backup save from before I set up NRaas. No luck. I've tried several times now, and am just exasperated.

I did load a fresh game and moved the Sims in and the self-same select ability issue occurred with the same Sims. I let the game play for a few in-game hours and the issue went away.

Does anything in this description set off any alarms for anyone that might be causing this issue? My other save game loads perfectly fine. I've spent about 16 hours on this so far and feel like I've gotten pretty much nowhere. I don't want to keep spending time on a futile project.

Can the issue be the world itself? Is it the Sims? Was it editing the newly added Sims without letting them properly be initialized the issue? Or was it not letting the game play for a while to let the unselectable Sims fix themselves the issue?

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 11:22 AM
If you try a new save with the same sims without any mods installed, do they still have the issues? As the selectability sounds like some kind of mod issue that should probably be addressed first.

The more experienced troubleshooters will probably have more to say about other potential red flags, but I will note that the combination of one backup despite multiple saves implies using Save instead of Save As- which definitely can be destructive in those moments the game doesn't save properly. Going forward, it is definitely good practice to use Save As every time and make a new save that doesn't overwrite any old ones. You can trash most of them after each play session, but it's also good to keep a few and move them into a folder somewhere else if you ever need to roll back to one of them.