Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 8:12 PM Last edited by daisylee : 1st Nov 2023 at 7:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default SOLVED: Dashboard is Not Working with Windows 11
I had Dashboard working in windows 7 on my old CPU and have it on my laptop with 10. I had to get a new CPU and it came with 11. Dashboard is having a total hissy fit with errors for every package I have. It first did not find the path and then when I directed it to the folder it started kicking out nonstop errors. It finally read the folder but after an error on every item I had to either OK or try to close. When opened again it was just kicking out errors.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

My game is doing well in 11.

When I just opened to take this screenshot I had to use task manager to get out of it.

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Nov 2023 at 4:45 AM
Does it still error if you right-click Run as Administrator?
Looks like file access denial, and I can see that my exe for Dashboard is set to run as admin by default.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2023 at 7:20 PM Last edited by daisylee : 1st Nov 2023 at 8:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Does it still error if you right-click Run as Administrator?
Looks like file access denial, and I can see that my exe for Dashboard is set to run as admin by default.

Thank you, I will check that!

edit: I tried that and it did not work. I tried doing compatability settings. If tried to have MS diagnose. Nothing worked.
I thought WTheck and totally unstalled it and got again. I started with the errors and I said OK about 4 times and it finally opened. I have now opened a few times so hooray. SO I have no idea what problem was but at least it is working now, so far. Fingers crossed will stay OK.

edit again: OK this is weird. It will not work when in my Progams folder in my Sims 3 folder in my Sims folder. Where it always was. It will work from a folder on my desktop.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Nov 2023 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
edit again: OK this is weird. It will not work when in my Progams folder in my Sims 3 folder in my Sims folder. Where it always was. It will work from a folder on my desktop.

Some versions of Windows have protections on the Program Files directories, that's likely why it was being denied permission to run. Glad you got it working!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2023 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Some versions of Windows have protections on the Program Files directories, that's likely why it was being denied permission to run. Glad you got it working!

YAY, so far. It is odd that it likes a folder in one place rather than another, but if that is what it wants that is what it gets.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
YAY, so far. It is odd that it likes a folder in one place rather than another, but if that is what it wants that is what it gets.

Glad you are up and running. Ihave 10 on both laptops, and refuse 11 on the one that can take it. Also, I store mostl tools in desktop folders... some are in folders in downloads folder, with desktop shortcut. I have always done things this way, and never thought this could help. Sorry!

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Glad you are up and running. Ihave 10 on both laptops, and refuse 11 on the one that can take it. Also, I store mostl tools in desktop folders... some are in folders in downloads folder, with desktop shortcut. I have always done things this way, and never thought this could help. Sorry!

I have 10 on my laptop and will stay with that there. I had 7 on my CPU I still loved and used that a Kaspersky uninstall murdered. I still have my way old laptop with Vista. 11 on this new CPU is the first time I have had to do this.