Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 8:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default (Mac) sims are randomly deleted from neighborhood upon adding new CC to game?
Hi all, I'm a mac user with sims 2 super collection. I've noticed that randomly when I add new CC to my game, characters are deleted from my neighborhood. Upon logging in the other day I noticed that my families in the family bin were all gone, the characters in the neighborhood were still there though. There were also only two lots in the lot bin. i just shrugged it off and kept playing.

Today I just installed a sims2pack lot and logged into my game to find that half of my sims in the neighborhood were gone. What was also weird, is that old lots had suddenly been restored in the lot bin. (it had previously had only 2 lots in it for whatever reason.) the sims2pack lot that i had installed was not in my lots bin, but random old lots that had previously disappeared were now there.

Keep in mind, the only thing I did was install new CC. Thankfully I've backed up my game, but it sucks because i will have to remake a few sets and characters (i am a machinima maker).

I wonder if this has to do with the mac file limit? But why would it straight up erase my characters? very irritating! If i hadn't backed up my game, all those characters would have been lost. Does anyone know a solution to this, or where the files for those characters have gone?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 9:46 PM
if anyone else got access to your game at least once, some chance they did something to cause the problem.
or maybe the added custom content somehow caused the households to disappear from family bin.
or possibly the characters were moved to some other part of the neighborhood.

if the Mac version has a repair option, you might try that. the Windows version does at the Origin site.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 11:10 AM
I was gonna say - this sounds like a file limit issue. Are the character files completely deleted from the Characters folders, or are the files still present but the sims nowhere to be found ingame?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:00 PM
Yes, i figured out it is the file limit issue. This person's tumblr helped me loads for anyone experiencing this problem: http://bunsim.tumblr.com/MacFileLimitHelp
This problem will never fully go away and macs will always be more difficult to use for sims than PC'S. if you are a machinima artists like me i would suggest just getting a PC because the file limit
thing will always be an issue. in the end, even doing what that thread suggested, i was only able to get less than 2,000 items of CC on my mac.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iloveh900
Yes, i figured out it is the file limit issue. This person's tumblr helped me loads for anyone experiencing this problem: http://bunsim.tumblr.com/MacFileLimitHelp
This problem will never fully go away and macs will always be more difficult to use for sims than PC'S. if you are a machinima artists like me i would suggest just getting a PC because the file limit
thing will always be an issue. in the end, even doing what that thread suggested, i was only able to get less than 2,000 items of CC on my mac.

Yes it is a File Limit Issue. However there is a fix that works quite well. This is what my Downloads Folder looks like : 3,275,248,243 bytes (3.29 GB on disk) for 9,624 items. This is not the File Limit total as I have some 26 items as Custom JPEGs and my Custom Music has 165 items and I have added The CEP as well all of which add to the total for the File Limit.

Check my Signature for the Link to the Fix and follow the instructions. If you doubts, just remember follow the instructions and the fix will work just great for you too.

If you still have trouble after reviewing the instructions and you don't understand them or something like that, either PM me or post here and I will try to help.

If you implement the File Limit Change in the Fix, you will not have any problems unless you add a really large amount of CC and if you do you can change the File Limit again. It will work as Long as you have enough memory and do keep in mind that your game will take longer to load if you have a really large amount of CC.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.