Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 12:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default (mac) screen turns blue when i press tab to film?
Hi, I have a problem where when I press the tab key to go into camera mode, when i click it again to exit the mode, my screen turns blue. you can still see the interface panel with my sims pictures, but the rest of the screen is blue. I had this problem a while ago upon installing the "place neighborhood objects anywhere" hack, so i removed that hack from my folders and my tab key worked fine. well, i still do not have that hack, but i am having this problem seemingly out of nowhere. does anyone know what the problem could be?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iloveh900
Hi, I have a problem where when I press the tab key to go into camera mode, when i click it again to exit the mode, my screen turns blue. you can still see the interface panel with my sims pictures, but the rest of the screen is blue. I had this problem a while ago upon installing the "place neighborhood objects anywhere" hack, so i removed that hack from my folders and my tab key worked fine. well, i still do not have that hack, but i am having this problem seemingly out of nowhere. does anyone know what the problem could be?

Things to try:
Delete the cache files and try again. If it still happens try the next one.

Move your Downloads folder from your The Sims 2 folder to the Desktop and test on a test Neighborhood. If it does not happen then likely something in your Downloads folder is causing it. Time to do a 50/50 check of all of your content in the Downloads folder, that is move 50% then test the remaining, etc.

If it does still happen with out your Downloads folder, then it could be something else in your The Sims 2 folder, move your The Sims 2 folder to the Desktop and then run the game. This will cause the game to generate a new The Sims 2 folder. Test that and see. If it does not happen then replace your Neighborhood folder and your Lot Catalog with the ones that you saved.

if you still have the problem, delete the game and reinstall, just move the App to the Trash and empty the Trash. If you have The Sims 2 Super Collection, then redownload from the App Store, if you have the discs, then reinstall from them. Replace your new The Sims 2 folder with your old one that you saved.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.