Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Transmogrifier (aka Object Script Changer)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 26th Mar 2017 at 10:38 PM

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 73 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 2:51 PM
I tried to use it, but for me, it doesn't work.
I can change the script, the objects has the new functions/interactions I want with the change of script, but my sims can't use it.
Something knows what I'm doing wrong, or what else do I have to do?

Thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#52 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 2:45 PM
Thank you so much for another brilliant edition for the game by you ;) Love your mods and look forward to more :D
Test Subject
#53 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NotarikoOne
I tried to use it, but for me, it doesn't work.
I can change the script, the objects has the new functions/interactions I want with the change of script, but my sims can't use it.
Something knows what I'm doing wrong, or what else do I have to do?

Thanks

well it depends on the object, ive tried with with several things and some work and some dont. i can make any car have the speed of the fancy future cars with no problems, also make any bed have the highest comfort settings, but when changing an object into another different object you can run into problems. i was able to turn a houseplant into a hamper with no trouble, but i couldnt make a houseplant a fairy house. i also couldnt make a dragon into a parrot. there are too many functions on those objects i think. so try to keep it simple. i am still experimenting but so its been really fun and useful
Instructor
#54 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:27 PM
What we need is a Master Post of all transfers that people have experimented on and had success with. So far I've tried turning a bucket into a washing machine, some wooden boards into the uni chalkboard writing thing and. . . what else? Can't remember but had no luck so far with an appropriate transfer. Just keep getting the route-fail animation when Sims try and use stuff. Will keep on tapping away though, I'm sure there are a million ways to use this :D
Thanks for such a great mod!!!

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#55 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:12 PM Last edited by Amber Lokisdotter : 17th Apr 2017 at 7:26 AM.
I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say, this is the most amazing thing evah! You come up with mods that are not only interesting, but incredibly useful! I can think of all sorts of ways to use this for my historical worlds, and some of the people here have given excellent ideas as well. (I like the idea of using one of the piles of books as a computer, but the Greave's Writing Set from the store would be even better!)

Edit:
I changed the Adventurer's Tools into a computer, and it works great. :)

However, I don't recommend changing any of the gems/metals into a computer, or into anything else for that matter. I had wanted a crystal ball for a computer, so tried to add the computer script to it. It worked as a computer... but the gem switched back to a lump in appearance. (And not the original gem lump.) When I copied a gem script back to it, it became just "metal", and couldn't be used at all. I couldn't pick it up from either live or buy mode, and had to use DebugEnabler to purge it. (Which also purged what it was on, and the window next to it.)

So, just saying, don't use a collectible. Just not a good idea. :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#56 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 2:49 PM
I was wondering if I can make my witch broom work like the alien spaceship? in that it will now fly.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#57 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:48 AM

**EDIT** Tried this it's cool AF! But, can't drag FROM inventory, have to use Radius Purge to delete from inv. But I WANT IT IN HIS INVENTORY SO YEAH!!! <3
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:36 AM
I'm able to move houses between computers and the objects keep their new coding. I've made a Supernatural stack of books into a computer, a fireplace into a TV, the WA baskets into a fridge, a sarcophagus into an all in one bathroom ala IP, and a flowering pole into a stereo so far.
It didn't work to turn a tree into a martial arts dummy, or a rug into a sandbox, or the moondial into a telescope so far. And changing random small things into a pegbox or a xylophone haven't worked for me yet. And the nightstand into a dresser also didn't take.
Nor turning tables into counters. I haven't been able to test turning the fireplace into an oven yet.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=9072445 <-- there's the house I've been testing things in, if anyone else wants to test it.

-Zenka
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:03 PM
I'm having so much fun with this mod, have changed a lot of stuff and all works well Thanks so much for all the fun you bring to this game :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#60 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:52 PM
Oh. My. God. I'm speechless.

I literally don't know what to say. I'm starring at this page and still can't believe something like this is even possible. Where has this mod been my entire life?! I mean.. since 2009. Or whatever.. I'm babbling, this is too exciting!

Icarus, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for everything you've done over the years, for every single mod you've created and shared, for all the creative ways you've enriched my game. I don't think I have ever thanked you properly, which is a shame since I use most of your mods. So thank you, thank you, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 10:16 AM
Game changer idea!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#62 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 4:00 PM
OMG this will make turning toasters e.d. so much easier! Thank you so much! I love all food related stuff in the sims. I am starting a test game right now!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HallyM
So, I made the cookie jar dispense the chocolate cookies kids can make with the play oven. Adorable! I also made the candy jars dispense candy with no problem.

I tried to get the decorative base game fire truck toy to become a remote-control car using a remote-control toy from the Sims Store. I also took the alien stuffed toy from the base game and tried to give it either the teddy bear script or the toy box toy script. None of these seemed to work, BUT, I was just experimenting and had no children on the lot. In theory, the adults should have been able to use the remote car and to "talk through" the teddy-alien hybrid, but neither of them appeared functional. More testing is needed, but I was too excited about being able to get cookies from the cookie jar to really follow through with the toys. Mmmmm, COOKIES! It's the little things that count.

Anywhoo, this mod is awesome, I love it. Thanks again, Icarus, you rock!

Can you expain how you made the cookie jar dispense the cookies and the candy jars candy? It did not work for me but maybe i did something wrong. I'm not a great modder . I tried to copie the oven script to ther cookie jar but that didn't work. Do i have to use Arsil generic foodmaker to change the jars in foodmakers? God, i hope not can't handle that MOD at all (still love it do.)
Thank you!

Happy-Go-Lucky
Test Subject
#64 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manna2710
Can you expain how you made the cookie jar dispense the cookies and the candy jars candy? It did not work for me but maybe i did something wrong. I'm not a great modder . I tried to copie the oven script to ther cookie jar but that didn't work. Do i have to use Arsil generic foodmaker to change the jars in foodmakers? God, i hope not can't handle that MOD at all (still love it do.)
Thank you!

Yes you need to use Arsil's food maker, but with this mod it's super easy. Just download Arsil's mod, put the package in your mods folder as normal. Then in game use this mod to change the script of the object to this Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.GenericFoodMaker
Volia! you have a food maker, then ctrl+shift click the object then select settings to set the food you want it to dispense. I have used this to make functional cookie jars, a baby bottle warmer, orange juice pitcher, drinks machine etc, all in game, without having to edit the package files it's awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 4:36 PM
icarus_allsorts ,this is genious...Thank u a million times!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#66 Old 5th May 2017 at 12:04 AM
This is great. I have so many deco objects perfect for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 13th May 2017 at 2:00 AM
This is amazing!!! Wooooow.
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th May 2017 at 4:56 AM
When you change the script for something, will it function as the object in buy mode, or only when sims use it? i.e. if i made a plant into a painting could it hang on the wall?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 17th May 2017 at 8:42 PM
I've made most of the rabbitholes in a new world I'm monkeying with by using the Vault of Antiquities, and then using Transmogrifier to change its script to that of the rabbithole I want. I tested it and it works perfectly. They go in the doors, and they're in the non-Vault rabbithole I switched the script to. They can take the classes, get jobs, etc.

-Zenka
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Ciane : 28th May 2017 at 3:06 AM.
You know you are a genius! We know it too.

I just used this to change paintings into televisions. No more modern electricity needed. Have your sims stare at a painting forever and like it!

I could change a sink to a washing machine, but the sims always dropped the laundry on the way or were reset. So a sink with its own options to clean and break didn't jive well with the washing machine's cycles.

I had no problem with the simple "upgrades" to expensive like items, however.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 1:48 PM
not working for Xylophone and other toys
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 11:38 PM
Amazing! FINALLY! A Flying carpet for my desert and Djinn families! So awesome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#73 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 12:27 AM Last edited by lataya25 : 17th Jun 2017 at 8:16 PM.
I been fixing my lagness for weeks finally got it I am trying this with the future thingy for a waiter on the store pizzaoven, i use ur mod for it of course but i also want to try with the pizza oven and ats3 pizza menu with ani bistro set to see if i can but if anyone tried it let me know imma try after work. So i tried get a routing error i tried the store and regular and the future one really was the only thing i wanted to change new. oh well thanks for making this new awesome mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#74 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 11:39 PM
The future thing work with the pizza oven so happen now
Field Researcher
#75 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 10:10 PM Last edited by simb0t : 14th Jul 2017 at 12:47 AM.
I've been getting the wheel of death when trying to use this (when trying to return to "Live" mode). Any known conflicts? I'm pretty mod heavy, but I was trying to copy bar interactions to a decorative wine bottle for a smaller apartment.

Edit: Small update. It was giving the wheel of death on the smaller/home bars, but using the professional bars from LN worked just fine. Possible conflict might've maybe The professional juice bar mod as the culprit? I'll test later without that script in place to see if it makes any difference.
Page 3 of 5