Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 9:16 AM
Default Not So Berry Legacy Challenge - My Take

So, before you, my dear challenger proceeds, I would like to give credit where it is due

The Not so Berry legacy challenge was created by Kayla, also known as Lilsimsie and her good friend Alwayssimming.

The link to the original challenge is bellow, now I am putting down Lilsimsies tumbler page here, you can also find it on mod the sims forums and other places.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Now, shall we proceed dear challenger?

Now you can start out with Generation #0, which is just for relationship and lore's sake, though you may skip this generation entirely.

I do not agree with any of the things that I have written down for gen 0. I just wrote what I think the gen 0 sims, considered right.

Gen #0:

Lore bellow

“Now, being a traditional God-fearing household, there is not much to do other than work in the fields, tend to the animals and stay away from modern society. You and your wife, along with your parents and brother, settle into the countryside, a forested area away from the prying eyes of the devil worshipers.”

Rules & guidelines:

Must create a household of a male sim, age from young adult to adult, that will be the husband, a female sim, age the same as the male sim, you may make her younger than the male sim, that will be the wife, and two elderly or adult sims, their age depends on what you choose for the husbands age, that will be the husband's parents, You may also create the husbands brother if you wish, their age may be from teen - adult.

The relationship between them is as follows, now the relationship between the husband, his brother and their parents are as follows:

For the mother-son (husband) it is either Supportive or Permissive.

For the mother-son (brother) it is either Strict or Distant.

For the father-son (husband) it is strict.

For the father-son (brother) it is Supportive or Permissive.

For the brother-brother it is distant.

For the relationship between the wife and husband, it is distant. Now you may change it only in game, you may not change it in create a sim.

Now for the parent and daughter-in-law, it is as follows:

For the father-in-law and daughter-in-law, it is strict or difficult. Now you may make the father-in-law like the daughter-in-law as a woman, if you like familial drama though if caught, the wife will be the only one to suffer.

For the brother-in-law and sister-in-law, it is difficult. You may have the same familial drama between them.

For the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law, it is either strict or close.

The Parents relationship is distant.

In game the husband is responsible for anything seen as masculine, and may have skills such as:

Handiness, Fishing, Gardening, Guitar, Fitness, Juice Fizzing, Pet training, Veterinarian, Writing.

In game the wife is responsible for anything seen as feminine, and may have skills such as:

Cooking, Cross-Stitch, Flower Arranging, Painting, Parenting.

Now the activities and skills of the elders are as such:

For the husband’s father, they are the same as the husbands, though some are exchanged due to their age difference. Such as fitness for Handiness, only for woodworking, Guitar for Pipe Organ.

For the husband’s mother, it is such as,

Baking, Knitting, Gourmet Cooking, Herbalism.

The only ones to go to town to sell produce are the woman of the family, whilst there, they can buy other stuff required for the household.

The husband's brother may have whatever skills you want from husbands list, though the brother may do nothing at all.

Now that the husband, wife and husband’s parents, brother are sorted out, let us move on to the generation that follows them.

The children born may only be fathered by the husband, if you chose to ignore the drama, otherwise unless caught they may be fathered by the husband's father and brother.

The husband may have a mistress.

The children may not go to daycare, school, or high school for they are homeschooled.

The children cannot be taken away.

The number of children you may have, is 5 or more.

You may only have children at home, you may not go to the hospital.

Due to the environment the children are born in, roll dice to see if they survive childbirth, uneven numbers are that they do not survive, an even number is that they do survive.

Now that they, those who survived, reached infanthood role dice again to see if they survive until the toddlerhood, uneven numbers are that they do not survive, an even number is that they do survive.

Repeat this until teenage years.

Their skills must correspond with their gender.

The next gen sim will be the middle child.

For this generation set the lifespan to short.

The official first gen begins when the mint sim, reaches child stage.

Gen #1:

To be Continued.... So, before you, my dear challenger proceeds, I would like to give credit where it is due

The Not so Berry legacy challenge was created by Kayla, also known as Lilsimsie and her good friend Alwayssimming.

The link to the original challenge is bellow, now I am putting down Lilsimsies tumbler page here, you can also find it on mod the sims forums and other places.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Now, shall we proceed dear challenger?

Now you can start out with Generation #0, which is just for relationship and lore's sake, though you may skip this generation entirely.

I do not agree with any of the things that I have written down for gen 0. I just wrote what I think the gen 0 sims, considered right.

Gen #0:

Lore bellow

“Now, being a traditional God-fearing household, there is not much to do other than work in the fields, tend to the animals and stay away from modern society. You and your wife, along with your parents and brother, settle into the countryside, a forested area away from the prying eyes of the devil worshipers.”

Rules & guidelines:

Must create a household of a male sim, age from young adult to adult, that will be the husband, a female sim, age the same as the male sim, you may make her younger than the male sim, that will be the wife, and two elderly or adult sims, their age depends on what you choose for the husbands age, that will be the husband's parents, You may also create the husbands brother if you wish, their age may be from teen - adult.

The relationship between them is as follows, now the relationship between the husband, his brother and their parents are as follows:

For the mother-son (husband) it is either Supportive or Permissive.

For the mother-son (brother) it is either Strict or Distant.

For the father-son (husband) it is strict.

For the father-son (brother) it is Supportive or Permissive.

For the brother-brother it is distant.

For the relationship between the wife and husband, it is distant. Now you may change it only in game, you may not change it in create a sim.

Now for the parent and daughter-in-law, it is as follows:

For the father-in-law and daughter-in-law, it is strict or difficult. Now you may make the father-in-law like the daughter-in-law as a woman, if you like familial drama though if caught, the wife will be the only one to suffer.

For the brother-in-law and sister-in-law, it is difficult. You may have the same familial drama between them.

For the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law, it is either strict or close.

The Parents relationship is distant.

In game the husband is responsible for anything seen as masculine, and may have skills such as:

Handiness, Fishing, Gardening, Guitar, Fitness, Juice Fizzing, Pet training, Veterinarian, Writing.

In game the wife is responsible for anything seen as feminine, and may have skills such as:

Cooking, Cross-Stitch, Flower Arranging, Painting, Parenting.

Now the activities and skills of the elders are as such:

For the husband’s father, they are the same as the husbands, though some are exchanged due to their age difference. Such as fitness for Handiness, only for woodworking, Guitar for Pipe Organ.

For the husband’s mother, it is such as,

Baking, Knitting, Gourmet Cooking, Herbalism.

The only ones to go to town to sell produce are the woman of the family, whilst there, they can buy other stuff required for the household.

The husband's brother may have whatever skills you want from husbands list, though the brother may do nothing at all.

Now that the husband, wife and husband’s parents, brother are sorted out, let us move on to the generation that follows them.

The children born may only be fathered by the husband, if you chose to ignore the drama, otherwise unless caught they may be fathered by the husband's father and brother.

The husband may have a mistress.

The children may not go to daycare, school, or high school for they are homeschooled.

The children cannot be taken away.

The number of children you may have, is 5 or more.

You may only have children at home, you may not go to the hospital.

Due to the environment the children are born in, roll dice to see if they survive childbirth, uneven numbers are that they do not survive, an even number is that they do survive.

Now that they, those who survived, reached infanthood role dice again to see if they survive until the toddlerhood, uneven numbers are that they do not survive, an even number is that they do survive.

Repeat this until teenage years.

Their skills must correspond with their gender.

The next gen sim will be the middle child.

For this generation set the lifespan to short.

The official first gen begins when the mint sim, reaches child stage.

Gen #1:

To be Continued....
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 11:40 PM
omg this sounds so cool cant wait for the 1st gen!!!