Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 10:14 AM Last edited by OnayaW : 23rd Jul 2016 at 10:58 AM.
Default Shall I upload my houses?
Of currently I have been asked by my friends

If it wasn't a good idea to upload my sims 2 houses? Like a general I shift theme from time to time. I often just build after imagination but also after a certain style. I already made a lot of the houses for my friends that they install. As for now I drive a modern style with stonewalls and floor. Sometimes going after tree floors. sometimes. At other times I go after the 80's and 90's depending what neighborhood I'm in. The example I show was a creation from yesterday. It is a fully working house without any problems as I took a sim to testrun it - what was my first time to ever testrun a house before packing it. I am just curious wether or not people want me to upload houses like those to install. It is just a clear qustion nothing else.
I am worried some of my houses comes to plain or something because I do at the moment drive a modern style...

this is only an example nothing else ^^' I tend to be... squary because I like structure ^^' though not saying I can't be "round"
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:47 AM
I would totally download some of your houses *-* Really like your style!

Hiii! :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:13 AM
@imperials

I have them on a private server since this website is disagreeing with me uploading *^* (there happens nothing when I try to upload)

I also have another house done and some apartments. - I can show you them all in some private chat ^^
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:55 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 24th Jul 2016 at 9:29 AM.
If you would like to upload here we have the Creator Feedback board here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=611

Houses for upload should not have had sims move in since they will leave sim references, always test with a copy.

You will also need some kind of way to take screenshots, many of us use FRAPS or Gadwin. I use FRAPs and GImp to change the bmp files into jpgs. A mod to take away the red pause lines. Also try and click the 3 dots or the swatch tool to remove the grid lines.
Under trees and bushes add a squirt of terrain paint.

It's a nice little house, you should be able to upload it here. First read over the Creator Guidelines for lots since that will explain more about the needed photos.

Also make sure to use Clean Installer and clean your lot of any unused recolours or hacks. You want houses that are safe to share.

Where are you going to try and upload? I would suggest however using Creator Feedback first since your pictures don't meet the requirements.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 9:27 AM
@Joandsarah77

I do know the guidelines
I do have fraps and have taken a new picture - Ido have two of these houses standing.
I have tested it and there is no problems at me.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 9:32 AM
Not sure what you mean by 'standing'.

What issues are you having with the upload wizard?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 9:39 AM
@joandsarah77

Ups typo
I meant I had my houses packed and laying around xD

The files just say unable to download but a friend of mine have gotten the zip and the house works fine in her game. I guess it my be a "user error" these sometimes happens in the net. I have tried them on Facebook and YouTube too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 9:46 AM
Are you making sure you are clicking on the upload file button and not the upload picture button? They are right under each other.

The wizard can be a bit of a learning curve the first few times you use it.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 10:11 AM
@joandsarah77

I am clicking on the right bottom. Still not changing the fact it can't upload.

I actually felt a bit - hurt - at such statement. I'm a logic person who reads everything
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 10:19 AM
Not meant to be hurtful, I had all kinds of issues with the wizard when I first tried to upload. I'm trying to think why (without seeing anything) it might not be working. I just tested one of my files and it uploaded to the Wizard so it is working.

I would still suggest using Creator Feedback-since that is where this kind of photos and discussion are supposed to be and there you are allowed-(for testing purposes) to upload the file directly to a post. I will take a look at it if you like.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:08 AM Last edited by OnayaW : 24th Jul 2016 at 11:19 AM.
@joandsarah77 okay, so I'll make a post there then and ask people to test the house.

I think it could be my computer though. It's not so happy for uploading things as it is for downloading.

by the way, where is the creative feedback place?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:21 AM
I linked it in my first reply here. ^ Post#4

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 12:26 PM
@joandsarah77 woooops, okay, post now made ^^'

@imperials http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=580587
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 1:11 PM
I'll take a look tomorrow.

~Call me Jo~