Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 1:31 PM Last edited by tahoe : 13th Nov 2018 at 2:36 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Do I have to patch the game SOLVED
Excuse my bad English.
I'm trying to reinstall my sims (I'm using the older with CD/DVD) Once the installation is complete, a window will appear that says the computer should look for updates, I click ok a new window will appear that says the game is updated I click ok and the game asks if I want to play or finish.
I've downloaded patches, uni says it's already updated, but both seasons and apartmentlife say there was something wrong with the update (although it says the game is up to date) and that I have to reinstall the game but it does not work.
I do not remember i patched the game when I put it on this computer (2015).
(I had no mailboxes when I built my own apartments on the last computer but when I moved over the game to this computer they suddenly showed up)
I have all EP and 5 SP of which M & G is the newest.
I have windows 7 which has worked really well.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 2:27 PM
You should always install a disk, run the patch for it, install the disk, run the patch for it. It hurts nothing to do so, and the consequences of not having all the patches can be serious. Don't load any neighborhoods until the game is patched, as once the neighborhood's loaded, it's too late for the patches to help.

If your Seasons and AL patches are rejected for having something wrong, that may mean that something's happened to damage your copy. I'd redownload those and try again. The Seasons patch is particularly important, as it's the one that fixes the problem with pregnancies in stealth hoods, for which the Ottomai are so notorious.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 7:42 PM
That's what I thought I've tried patches from different places, unfortunately I have no one I can borrow a record of testing. I can manage without seasons because I do not play but mostly decorate houses that I then post pictures on. But what if you do not work? Buying a new game?
They are quite difficult to get hold of.
But I'll try a few more times.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tahoe
but both seasons and apartmentlife say there was something wrong with the update (although it says the game is up to date) and that I have to reinstall the game but it does not work.

When you get that error message, can you see which file is being updated at the time? For example, does it say something like 'updating TSData/Res...' and then fail?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 10:13 PM
MTS hosts all the patches, apply each one regardless of what the game says. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...elp:TS2_Patches

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 12:52 PM
The computer can not load anything before the window comes up and tells me to reinstall the game.
But why does it say the game is updated if I still need a patch.
It's on the MTS side that I downloaded the patch.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 1:32 PM
Because it tries to access the Sims 2 official site-which is long gone. The game can't update itself, the same way if you try to save something to the exchange, it can't do that any longer either.

I'm not sure that I understand, you install and then a window opens telling you to reinstall? Could be your disks are scratched.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 6:58 PM
Just so I mean there will be a window where it wounds that the game searches for updates I click ok, a new window will appear that says the game is already updated and I click ok.
Then when I put in the patch, this box comes up.

Translation
An error occurred while installing the game: You may need to install seasons sims 2 to make it work.
When i uninstall the seasons I have on disc D, I follow the instructions in the manual but then allasims disappear 2 files contained in disc on disc C.
I'm thinking of trying to install it on my old laptop that also has the W7 and see if it works.
(The time is 8 pm and the fever rages in my body so we'll see tomorrow.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 8:51 PM
@tahoe What does the text say that I've circled in red? I can't read it on your screenshot.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 12:17 PM
It says "Updating The Sims 2 Seasons"
I have tried the disc and without a disc in the player but it comes up the same window every time.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 9:22 PM
Oh darn, I was hoping it was telling us which specific file it was failing on.

Did you download the correct seasons patch? EA did two- one for digital and one for disc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 12:20 PM
I have downloaded the correct file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 2:36 PM
I think my game is working now.
I had problems with both Seasons AL so I installed them on my old computer and then the patch worked i installed the games on my computer and then replaced the files cs bin, support, TS bin and TSdata. It appeared to be the files that the patch updated. Now there are only a few graphics problems left to fix.
So thank you very much for your help.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 10:07 PM