Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 11:51 PM
Default Weeeee!
I'm such a dork. I've already known about the pets thing for a while, but now that it's official I totally did a little happy dance around the room. ^_^

I'm so so excited about this expansion. I have two mini-schnauzers, and three cats so my self sim just didn't feel complete without my babies, haha.

I am kind of bummed about some things, though. I really liked the guinea pig death with the first game, so that kind of sucks that it's not in this expansion. Also, I don't really like how the content is different for different consoles/platforms. Although it kind of sounds to me like we'll get basically the same stuff the consoles get, just different versions. Such as a park as a new lot, instead of a new neighborhood, etc.

I've looked around a bit but not found any answers, so I have a question if nobody minds. I know pets have life cycles like sims, but does anyone know if these will be any shorter than a sims' life cycle? Or are your pets with you pretty much for life?
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 11:53 PM
I'm not sure about the life cycle thing There were so many questions asked in the chat, but only a handful got answered..and that wasnt one of them unfortunately.

I'm excited about this EP too :D
I agree with the different platforms thing, it seems like maybe if they differentiate the content a bit people might buy e.g. it on the PC as an EP and another console too
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicola__x
I'm not sure about the life cycle thing There were so many questions asked in the chat, but only a handful got answered..and that wasnt one of them unfortunately.

I'm excited about this EP too :D
I agree with the different platforms thing, it seems like maybe if they differentiate the content a bit people might buy e.g. it on the PC as an EP and another console too

I'll probably end up getting it for PC and console anyway haha.
#4 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 12:03 AM
Also, on a console you have a very different type of game-- it has to be more linear due to limited resources on a machine. Therefore, it makes more sense to have a storyline thing, and therefore features that reflect that
Banned
#5 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:43 AM
The pet lives are probably shorter than the sims, like in real life. The reason the PC version doesn't come with the park might be because you can build a park, but on PS you can't (or it's harder).
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:50 AM
The pet's life cycles are shorter than a sim's, it was said on that interview on CNET.
#7 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 2:01 AM
Hey, I was gone for a few hours.... are there any new news sites up since like, 6 hours ago?
#8 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 2:04 AM
At least they have life cycles, I'm still happy neither way. I just hope there's a cheat to keep them a baby, I like the small dogs, hehe. I just hope the pets life cycle isn't as short as a baby.
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 2:09 AM
Im so excited too i told all my friends!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 2:30 AM
I know something was mentioned about a sort of elixor of life for pets, so there's probably a way to keep them young. Plus I keep aging off half the time anyway haha.
#11 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stephness
I know something was mentioned about a sort of elixor of life for pets, so there's probably a way to keep them young. Plus I keep aging off half the time anyway haha.

The purported 'Kibble of Life', haha. Yeah, I've heard a few references to that, too.
There will probably be new hacked objects to change their ages (akin to Merola's three-tile painting).
#12 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 7:56 PM
i can't wait for the sims pets to come out but why does it have to come out so long October 17th wtf it's a joke
Scholar
#13 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 9:09 PM
ya im just happy they will actually age...and glad i can have kibble of life too im going to have to keep one poor dog alive through like 6 sim generations lol
#14 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simfreak34
i can't wait for the sims pets to come out but why does it have to come out so long October 17th wtf it's a joke

Because they haven't finished designing and programming... >_>