Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:18 AM
Default Do pets have aspirations?
I saw the official Maxis Chat Transcript and then I looked at the TSR article, The Maxis transcript says that pets wont have aspirations, but the TSR article says pets have wants, which one is correct (or is my interpretation a bit off?) (or are aspirations for pets a sort of surprise?)
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:21 AM
aspirations and wants are two different things.
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:30 AM
I would think they have aspirations though. I mean if they have wants and jobs, I'm sure they have aspirations too.
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:32 AM
No, Maxis said they won't have aspirations. You can really control them without boolProp, so I dont see how that would work out...
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:34 AM
Well i would belive Maxis more because from them its official... :P

Sounds cool though
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:42 AM
You can control them, or can't?! Because in the chat thing the maxoids said you can't control them unless you use the boolprop cheat.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:44 AM
They're like babies. You can't control them..no aspiration..just motives.(like hunger, bladder, etc.)

Cheese = Good
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:45 AM
Oh that would make sense
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:45 AM
Naturally

Cheese = Good
#10 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 1:00 AM
You can control pets by using a cheat code (boolProp controlPets on), but by default, this ability is switched off.

Pet's do not have aspirations (their owners will, however), but they have motives.

"MaxisDon (Jul 27, 2006 3:06:28 PM)
Pets have motives, but no aspirations.

MaxisDon (Jul 27, 2006 3:20:07 PM)
Pets have similar motives to humans, and they need Social and Fun, among others. Also, dogs gotta chew, and cats gotta scratch."
#11 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 2:02 AM
Even though you can't control pets you might be able to click on their icon and have a look at their needs, personality etc. and masybe they meant you can't choose an Aspiration for your pets (like Fortune, Family etc.) but every pet has a set of wants it gets depending on the situation (like with sims they can get wants/fears from other aspirations because they are in that situation...like a Fortune sim wanting a Baby, which is a Family Aspiration want, just after he got married). I hope you guys know what I mean>?
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 4:17 AM
I think they'll have wants but not aspirations. Eg. Play fetch with Bob.
#13 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 4:40 AM
Yeah that's what I meant 'Johnny'...I always complicate things...