Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 5:31 AM
Default Dogs and burglars
So I'm watching this burglar trying to sneak into my Simmie's house, and it occurs to me: what if there was a Great Dane sleeping on the couch? Surely it would react to an intruder. I mean, that's central to a dog's nature. That set me to wondering how much territoriality Maxis built into our future pets. Will they bark at the mailman, or chase off stray cats? I was just wondering, because dogs wouldn't be dogs if they didn't do some of that.
Advertisement
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 5:37 AM
Oh those are good questions and now I wonder too. I mean a lot of people in real life have big dogs for protection and such. That would be cool if they went after a burgler.

Oh and can you just see the mail carrier being chased down the street by the dog?! *lol* That teach them to deliver the bills! :D
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
Oh and can you just see the mail carrier being chased down the street by the dog?! *lol* That teach them to deliver the bills!

That would be HILARIOUS!

bP

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 8:00 AM
That would be great. Or if the dog was outside & was barking & woke up the family. Your own burglar alarm.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:40 AM
I think it would also tie in with the dog's personality. From what I've seen in screenshots, the personality bars include one that is Cowardly/Aggressive.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 1:33 PM
Yep that would be cool with the burglars. With the territory thing I read somewhere about a stray dog coming near a house where a cat lived and the cat went after it and attacked the dog hehe.
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 1:38 PM
i rad somewhere that dogs will chase the mail carrier or the newpaper deliverer off the lot. so im guessing that they would do the same for intruders.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 2:46 PM
http://games.simmingworld.com/articles/at_ea/pc.php

I think this is the article chickenlittle and lulie_x meant.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#9 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
http://games.simmingworld.com/articles/at_ea/pc.php

I think this is the article chickenlittle and lulie_x meant.

"For example, a Security dog might want to learn how to play dead to be effective at her duties, just as a Service dog needs to be able to sit when asked and chase after certain people, which involves a lot of training (more on that shortly)."

Also, the Sims Zone said, "Dogs can also play catch if you like, or chase the mailman."
HERE: http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/editor...hp?ID=56&Page=3