Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
So while the first fight is in progress I have Carly summon a taxi (because for some odd reason I have no walk to lot option available? which means getting to the Pol stones is a big issue).

Very strange. That sounds like a huge malfunction happening there. I myself have a few. Like freewill not working right with big family households. That function came with Bon Voyage...maybe make her a witch and see if Fly To Lot works? Gotta do what ya gotta do...

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
#52 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:44 PM
I checked the Pascoe residence just to make sure it wasn't apartment related and I can't get the option there either. The batbox has it though so it's a possible workaround.

The only mod I have that may be a possible nuisance is no route back to mailbox from MATY, but I don't see how that would affect leaving a lot. I'm also going to repatch the eps just in case.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#54 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I think there is something wrong with the Leonard Pascoe and his wife, Griselda Pascoe. Their relationship status is somewhat messed up. In both of the Sims' relationship panels, they are married to each other, but both of them are given the interaction Propose.../ Get Married. I think maxon must have forgotten to make them married or something, or perhaps they are not married the normal route (that is, through the wedding arch). Could it be that Leonard and Griselda are really married by SimPE?

They were married in CAS - I didn't forget - weird things happen sometimes with neighbourhood transfers. They are married in my version of the hood (the one that shipped) and there are no problems there. You have to remember the game does stuff to folders, especially large and complicated ones like a neighbourhood when you transfer from one game to another.

@SingleClawDesigns - maybe try with a fresh copy of the neighbourhood?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#55 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
So I threw Carly Thornhart into the cottage apartment between Jory Boscowan and Cedric Chesney and played her through her first day with only reading the neighborhood story; no bios or family bios at all were read as I wanted to get Carly settled in before doing all the other stuff and man I'm glad I did.

Carly didn't take to Carrow Penhaligan at all when he showed up as the landlord (I didn't see any mods for that in the downloads so how is that possible?) which was a bit disappointing as he's strikingly handsome. Well fine, I'm sure there's more fish in the pier for her so no big loss. Jory and Cedric were outside no more then 5 minutes before a poking match starts which lead to slapping which lead to a full on fight. Interestingly who should walk by at that time but Margaret James who seemed to be worried about Cedric during the fight though he won it (and the FIVE other fights throughout the remainder of the day with Jory. I swear these two wont even go in their cottages they just stay outside and fight).

So while the first fight is in progress I have Carly summon a taxi (because for some odd reason I have no walk to lot option available? which means getting to the Pol stones is a big issue) and she heads out to St. Genny's Church. I free will her while I scope around the lot looking for anything odd. She ends up talking with Mr. Pascoe about weather (and anytime weather came up it was the cloud bubbles) which I'll interpret as him telling her about the town's past on that stormy night. He kept getting the cash register icon over his head but I didn't see a ticket machine or cash register anywhere so not sure what that's about.

Someone else was there too wandering through the many gravestones. None other than Caroline Penhaligan! Now mind you I have my number of visiting sims at 30 and besides Pascoe, Carly, and Caroline there really were no other townies on that lot. What was she up to flitting around those tombstones and especially near the small mausoleum in the back next to the church she frequently went behind that one. Carly struck up a conversation about the Penhaligan ties to the area (the magic hat bubble came up frequently during talking so i'm going with that) but didn't gain much insight. Darkness fell and I has her summon a taxi and go home.

So that was just day 1! I'm kind of unsure whether I should keep playing Carly until she meets all the other play-ables and see how they interact on the lots or just start rotating among them. Should probably go read the bios so I know who's who and connected to who so Carly doesn't do something I'll regret being that she's a family sim with a romance secondary. So far though I'm liking this alot and i think by playing with a main character not connected to the hood I'm getting other layers to it that will keep the hood going long after the mystery is solved.

That's fun to bring in someone completely new and see what happens!

#56 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:38 PM Last edited by SingleClawDesigns : 28th Aug 2015 at 12:30 AM.
The thing is though every time I had the cyjon mod crash the game right after I put Carly in the apartment I did a fresh copy until i figured out the issue with the mod. So theoretically that was a totally fresh copy. I re-added all the mods minus the cyjon ones and it worked but the walk to option never showed up. I'll backup that one and do a fresh one with no mods and see what happens.

A google search sent me to a 2012 TSR forum post where they didn't have to the option to walk to lot either which was fixed by moving out and moving everyone back into the lot. That's not feasible in this scenario as I think it would ruin things if clues are on inhabited lots.

ETA: it IS a mod conflict taking out the mods in a fresh copy gave me all the options. Unfortunately it's not the MATY route to mailbox which means i have no clue which it is that's causing the issue because everything else has been in my game for years as a standard. Guess it's time for the 50/50 crap.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:12 AM
Instructor
#58 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:20 AM
Instructor
#59 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:34 AM
Scholar
#60 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:28 AM
I see what it is in my downloads folder, so I know what I'm looking for. When I find it, I'm going to re-read all the statements and whatnot ugh so much to do lol

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
#61 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:31 AM
Don't be so quick to assume just by what's in the downloads. Sometimes the most obvious is the least used means.
Instructor
#62 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 3:16 AM
I've got a new primary suspect now. I need to do some more investigation to be sure though. I'll look at the situation with fresh eyes tomorrow
Forum Resident
#64 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:27 AM
Miley: The murder weapon is stated to be a knife. As for the poison, think about where it came from and check that family.

I've actually filled out and crosschecked the whole alibi spreadsheet. There are a lot of false testimonials, half of them I'd guess, but all but three have checked out for me. So it's definitely worth doing. (Still need to figure out who's the killer... and find that murder weapon...)
Instructor
#65 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 12:09 PM
I started out trying to document where everyone said they were at what time, and who confirmed someone else's location, but I started to get bogged down with it. Mainly because I was having a hard time figuring out exactly what time everyone said they were doing everything, and I couldn't figure out things like how long it would take someone to walk somewhere. I'm terrible with making sense of that kind of thing.

Now that I have one main suspect though, I'm going to read all the statements and gossip and sim thoughts with an eye towards this person. With the focus on just one sim, I shouldn't get as confused. And if the sim is proven to have a rock solid alibi then I'll go back to find a new main suspect. Probably not the quickest way to go about it, but even with the helpful note-taking sheet keeping them all straight was just too confusing for me.
Theorist
#66 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 12:46 PM
I figured out some things I thought we don't get to figure out, but not about the murder in investigation.

Anyway, about evidence, are we supposed to find it using our eyes, or can we deduce who has it (or where it is) from albums and bios alone?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#67 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:12 PM
@Babahara - physical evidence you mean? I've said it to several people who have PM'd me already so I'll say it here too. There is only a small amount of physical evidence and, apart from the murder weapon itself, it tends to be confirmatory (of alibis) as opposed to critical for the indictment of the culprit.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#69 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 12:55 PM Last edited by Kankritty : 29th Aug 2015 at 3:44 PM. Reason: Tag your spoilers!
All downloaded and in I go

Right now, I'm making a table of alibis according to those from Roscarrock's family story.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#71 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 5:45 PM
That's a typo sorry - it's Penhaligan. I type fast and don't always catch the errors.

Scholar
#72 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 5:53 PM
Oh well - at least you can use the familyfunds on PenhaliGON.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 9:57 PM
I just started playing Polgannon today and I'm having a great time. I'm doing 1-day rotations and keeping a journal for everyone. Solving the crime is less of a priority to me right now than getting to know the town and the characters, but I figure eventually the pieces will start to fall into place.

I'd love to join conversation about the town, but I haven't read the rest of this thread for fear of spoilers. Could someone braver please let me know if there are any "plot" spoilers in this thread that are not clearly marked and behind tags? Thanks!
Page 3 of 16