Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 8:02 PM
C'mon ihate, if you could fly you'd fly across the street, too! It's at least more sense than phoning for a taxi.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#102 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 9:38 PM
I had an adorable glitch, or I think it is.

The cat is literally under the blanket sleeping on her legs.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#103 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 1:16 AM
That's where my cat would be.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 3:21 AM
This happened to me once, only with this sim, and I could not replicate it again. Her face was... replaced.
Field Researcher
#105 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 2:34 AM
Marie Mazza drove her new teen son to the Music Club so he could start meeting girls. On the way back...SHE LOST THE CAR. The pair drove up home in an invisible vehicle, and were dropped on the street, like they had taken a taxi.

Because the car was "In motion", the save game was greyed out. Similarly, so were the building and buy options and of course so was the hand tool.

The only fix I could figure out was to exit the household and move the family out and back in from the neighbourhood screen. Then I had to refurnish the house from memory (not hard but they lost all unique items ~ a drag but stuff happens.)

Gameplay wise, Marie is not allowed to drive again.. Anyway, no recurrences.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I found a picture of the Sim that turned invisible:

I had an invisible sim recently too. Funnily enough it was Marie Mazza. It was during a a party, so I didn't notice for quite a while.

Exit and reload was only a temporary fix. She would just turn invisible again. I tried to make her leave the lot, but she wouldn't without her body. A run of Mootilda's Hoodchecker seems to have fixed it in my case.
Inventor
#107 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 4:53 AM
Ugh, the frustration of dealing with invisible Sims whenever my Sims brought a friend home from work via helicopter. This was in the base game, by the way. It was so annoying not being able to interact with these glitched Sims directly, which meant they'd leave whenever they please. They could soak in a hot tub the entire night before it dawned on them to return home. >.<

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Test Subject
#108 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 9:03 AM Last edited by Scathed : 10th Jan 2020 at 11:29 PM.
in an old, unclean Pleasantview of mine shady things started happening on the road to its demise. At one point, a Sim in the household was scheduled to receive a genie lamp, only instead of the matchmaker arriving, another Sim in the household woke up in the middle of the night, snuck down to the bottom floor, materialized the bag, did the lamp-spawning animation, and then snuck off-lot with the bag still awkwardly attached to her hand. She never came back.

Do you ever hear a song so beautiful you want to financially support the artist, but you can't because the artist is a common wood pigeon?
Scholar
#109 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:06 PM
quite recently in my much loved hood odell bay i've seen sims wanting to be friends with dogs and not the actual want for it either it's the want you'd expect for another sim,is my hood corrupted?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#110 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:08 PM
A sim was on the phone with another sim when I noticed a guy at the front door. Sent another sim to great him but couldn't. Then realized he was the guy the 1st sim was talking to - and he was talking on a (invisible)phone! Should have taken a picture! But exited in fear, without saving.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#111 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 9:57 PM
I had an amusing glitch with ACR's booty calls. Carlos Contender was on vacation. He had a cell phone, and during a free moment, he tried to booty call Chastity Gere. I watched to see what would happen. She appeared on the lot, they kissed, Carlos went to the hotel bed and took off his clothes...and Chastity just left. I wasn't even expecting her to show up in the first place!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
A sim was on the phone with another sim when I noticed a guy at the front door. Sent another sim to great him but couldn't. Then realized he was the guy the 1st sim was talking to - and he was talking on a (invisible)phone! Should have taken a picture! But exited in fear, without saving.

I had a similar glitch. A family friend called and someone had just picked up the phone and started talking when one of the kids brought that same friend home from school. I saw him on the sidewalk, then I think he just disappeared. Hung up the phone, tried to call that sim, and he was gone from the phone menu. Also exited without saving.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I had an amusing glitch with ACR's booty calls. Carlos Contender was on vacation. He had a cell phone, and during a free moment, he tried to booty call Chastity Gere. I watched to see what would happen. She appeared on the lot, they kissed, Carlos went to the hotel bed and took off his clothes...and Chastity just left. I wasn't even expecting her to show up in the first place!

Well, that's what he gets for trying to booty call someone called Chastity.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:54 PM
Hey, in my hood he just married her!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#114 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:39 PM
I'd been playing two Sims in a bookshop for three Sim days straight (one of them kept having fantastic dates, while the other alternated between frying burger and wandering around the place). Just as I was about to send the Sims home, I clicked on the relationship panel for the one I'd mostly ignored for three days - and most of the Sims had the wrong faces! Several of them had the same face as the Sim next to them in the panel, and for at least one of those pairs, neither was the correct face for that Sim. (The Sim who'd had amazing dates recognised everyone correctly).

Deciding to take a bit of a risk, I sent the pair home anyway. Everything was fine when they got home, and I put it down to the Sim which I ignored being deliriously tired. I had no idea Sims 2 was so realistic...
Scholar
#115 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:45 PM
you know how there are different wants for becoming friends with a pet and regular sim? well i keep getting sims have the become friends with want for humans on dogs

so i my game corrupted? hope its understandable what i just said and i didn't just confuse everyone.

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#116 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 11:53 PM
@Emerald1234 - I wouldn't worry about it unless you get a bunch of really weird wants and fears (such as wanting to go on dates with dogs). I get the same sort of thing happening in my game.

Gilbert Jacquet and Genesis Montes tried to woohoo, but somehow ended up on the same side of the bed.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 12:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I had those sort of wants and I don't think my neighbourhood is corrupted (because I literally just started playing it). Then again, I have zero memory...

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:56 PM
Ok my weirdest glitch is some of my custom content shows up as nude in the thumbnail, but they display normally (which was a lovely way to find out my skin wasn't work-friendly). That's not the weird part, or weirdest part I guess. No, what is is that one of my athletic outfits, instead of being the outfit it's meant to be, its nude. It's humourous and probably harmless, so I can't be bothered to fix it, but it's still weird.

Scholar
#119 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:54 PM
well i've just had this happen...how can it be fixed?
Screenshots

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#120 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:58 PM
Forum Resident
#121 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:56 AM
This. I decided it was time to shut down.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#122 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:40 AM
One time, a sim didn't grow up from child to teen properly. Her appearance changed to teen, but some other stuff I guess didn't change. So she walked around like this with her knees bent. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on, until 6 pm next day rolled around and she had a second birthday, and this time all went as it was supposed to, and she was a normal teen.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#123 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:31 AM
Here's one I remembered earlier today, from Hazelton. One of my Sims ran a OFB salon, and when I left him there were a few townies in a hot tub. I went around and played a few other households before returning to him. When I loaded the salon lot, the townie had turned into a ghost. He got out of the hot tub and faded away. I have no idea how he died, and I never managed to track down his grave.

Lab Assistant
#124 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:47 AM
Clearly he was a ghost all along~

Mad Poster
#125 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
well i've just had this happen...how can it be fixed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkmxAg7r3Y
Page 5 of 15