Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#126 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:54 PM
My last session I was playing a family I had not played for a longer time. One of the adult males on the lot had lost 3 (!) want slots. I have not a clue why they were blank. I have had sims whit a blank slot before but three! I let him get a little tired and after some sleep all 4 was back to normal.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:29 PM
1: My nanny was blue yesterday with only a head there wasn't
2: A guitar played itself in the air after a simmer rescued her husband from death.

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#128 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 9:30 AM
I had a 0-point shy toddler dancing along to the radio. Every few seconds he would shift between the regular toddler dancing animation to the adult 'shy dancing' animation (levitating in the air). it was really something to see.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#129 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 8:43 PM
A long long time ago, I made a thread about this:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=331274

Later in the thread I DID post screenshots/videos of it, but now all those links are expired (because it was nearly ten years ago). I think I still have them somewhere at home, I'll look later.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#130 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I had a 0-point shy toddler dancing along to the radio. Every few seconds he would shift between the regular toddler dancing animation to the adult 'shy dancing' animation (levitating in the air). it was really something to see.

I have a video of it too. That's my Gravekeeper flailing around in the backyard. The toddler is his alien son.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#131 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:14 PM
I have a video of it too. That's my Gravekeeper flailing around in the backyard. The toddler is his alien son.

Oh man, I can't believe how well the dancing (of both sims) fits the music. Especially when the toddler does the "shy flloaty" dance

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#132 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:51 PM
this happened back in December 2016 before my laptop crashed (not caused by the game); I was cycling through the 'randomize' button for a good 30 minutes before I came across this . I don't know what caused it but it sure was weird!

Forum Resident
#133 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:56 PM
Everything is black when I enter apartments that NPCs own. IDK why but it sure is weird clicking around in the darkness trying to find the sim you want to befriend so now I started the "ask them to come out" instead xD

I build small houses *^*
Helptato
#134 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:59 PM
Today I encountered a child Sim who kept rolling wants to play the piano, but she couldn't interact with said piano??

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Field Researcher
#135 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sparklypotato
Today I encountered a child Sim who kept rolling wants to play the piano, but she couldn't interact with said piano??

Ten bucks says that's not a bug and the piano just needs to be tuned. They break, just like toilets and sinks, and need tuning before you can used them again.

Although--I have had broken pianos that were usable by some sims and not others. Right now my working theory is that up until you have a certain creativity skill level, you can bang away on an un-tuned piano and still learn something, but past that point it becomes an exercise in futility.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#136 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:30 AM
Don't put a piano in an asylum challenge. The thing will constantly break down.

Instructor
#137 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:53 AM
Got a weird glitch where the cinematics are blurry and dark for some reason? Funny when you first see it but after a while gets annoying. I'll have to post a picture when I'm next getting it haha. Likely CC in all honesty but I'm already fixing my game for a crashing issue so I'm not doing the 50/50 method twice!

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#138 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:19 AM
Could it be your graphics card acting up?

Instructor
#139 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:42 AM
Likely, it is an intel. I should move to the PC

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Helptato
#140 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldFalcon
Ten bucks says that's not a bug and the piano just needs to be tuned. They break, just like toilets and sinks, and need tuning before you can used them again.

Although--I have had broken pianos that were usable by some sims and not others. Right now my working theory is that up until you have a certain creativity skill level, you can bang away on an un-tuned piano and still learn something, but past that point it becomes an exercise in futility.

Nope, all the other Sims aged teen and elder were able to play it, but two different child Sims couldn't interact at all.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#141 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:44 AM

Great song! Not surprised it's Tom Petty because I know how you love him,. Much missed.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#142 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sparklypotato
Nope, all the other Sims aged teen and elder were able to play it, but two different child Sims couldn't interact at all.

Hack conflict, perhaps?

Test Subject
#143 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:45 PM
Not exactly a glitch per se, but I just moved a couple into a new apartment and every single female neighbour is wearing the wedding veil hairstyle with normal clothes. It's a hipster downtown area so I'm playing it as the latest hipster trend.
Scholar
#144 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:53 PM
today in my BACC hood,a childs body was turned red and was stuck in an idle position of hands out straight and legs standing still,i solved it by changing the kids clothes but then it happened to his sister right before they went shopping and so my game froze.

here is an example of it happening in pleasantview:
Screenshots

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#145 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:17 PM
You're straining your machine. Make sure it's using the correct graphics card, take precautions against overheating, and if it happens a lot consider turning down your graphics settings.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#146 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:14 PM
thanks for the helpful advice peni!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#147 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:39 PM
Try to delete your thumbnails before starting the game next time as well. I can't say it will help, but it is worth a try. @Emerald1234

It does help for pink flashing - I had a quite dignified looking elder Matthew Picaso digging in a trash can with his body flashing pink once and deleting the thumbnails did fix that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#148 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:15 PM
Pink flashing textures is caused by the game running out of video memory - if it happens just once or twice, it's likely just the game's been running too long, but if it happens multiple times you may want to check out this tutorial on increasing it.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#149 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:11 PM
Some time back, I once thought it'd be fun to have a Sim propose to his girlfriend during a party, so I temporarily made him selectable and had him do so. But in the moments between making him unselectable again and the actual proposal, he managed to get turned around the wrong way. He's not the sharpest tool in the drawer anyways - a previous iteration of him had a few baby problems.

Scholar
#150 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
today in my BACC hood,a childs body was turned red and was stuck in an idle position of hands out straight and legs standing still,i solved it by changing the kids clothes but then it happened to his sister right before they went shopping and so my game froze.

here is an example of it happening in pleasantview:

welcome to gamer yoga, t-pose with me
Page 6 of 15