Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't find item to delete it
In Buy Mode in Decor there is a Bag. Bag Prada. but when you place it down. It is a party cup with straw.. I know there is something wrong with this item. but i cant seem to find it to delete it. So what do i do. How do i find it to git rid of it. I have already tried going to Documents/Electron Arts/ The Sims 3/ Downloads.
It's not there.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:13 AM
This is why I use solely packages when I can. Easy to find and delete things. Easy to pull CC in and out of the game. Before I did this I had to use the 50/50 method to find something that was bad that had to go. If you have a lot of CC that is a pain to do, but maybe the only way. Hope others have some better ideas.
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:19 AM
I've used the method detailed here successfully several times to remove bad CC: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Finding+CC. As long as you know the instance number, you can search the DCBackup folder to find and remove the item
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 5:37 AM
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 1:50 PM Last edited by daisylee : 6th Aug 2018 at 2:05 PM.
I think a key thing we need to know is if you use packages or have installed packs with the launcher? It makes a huge difference in how you find things.

If you use packs they are part of the DC cache and have to be removed from the launcher, or remove the whole DC cache and start over reinstalling the packs, as I recall? It has been years since I had to do that before I switched to using packages instead of packs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 8:39 PM
I use items from: TSR The Sims Resource/ and The Sims Store/
I don't understand what eveyone means by packs or packages with the launcher?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 9:22 PM
If they are installed with the launcher, files will be merged into larger files in the DCCache folder.

If they are installed as package files, they will exist as individual files in the Mods folder (unless you deliberately merged them).

So we need to know where to find them to advise you. Read more here:
Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 1:26 AM
Solely my opinion, if you have a lot of CC and it does not cause issues in your game, just leave it all as is. If you have a lot of CC it can be a major pain to remove it, so if it does not cause problems, IMO just do not use the item.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 1:42 AM
The problem I had with packs way back when was my launcher showed only a fraction of my installed items. And of course the one I wanted to uninstall was not one of the ones showing. So I had to delete the dc cache and reinstall everything else as the bad apple was causing problems in my game. Not fun.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
1) When your cursor hovers over the item icon in the game, simply write down the name or any description of the item.

2) When you see the item in the game's buy mode, does it have a little "folder" icon to the bottom right? Or does it have a "shopping bag" icon to the bottom right?

3) If it is a little "folder" icon, then it is a package file. Go to your "mods/package" folder and find the CC and delete it. The name of the CC is probably similar to the name in the game.

4) If it is a little "shopping bag" icon, then it is a sim3pack installed file. Open your launcher, go to the items section and try to find it with the name you wrote down and the icon of the object in game (though icon at times may be different or just smaller). Once you find it, uninstall it.

If you're confused as to any of this, take a screenshot of the item in the game's buy mode and post it here.

These are the pictures you asked for
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
The problem I had with packs way back when was my launcher showed only a fraction of my installed items. And of course the one I wanted to uninstall was not one of the ones showing. So I had to delete the dc cache and reinstall everything else as the bad apple was causing problems in my game. Not fun.

Why does it not show all of your installed items? I don't understand that.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 6:44 PM Last edited by chicvibe : 10th Aug 2018 at 6:55 PM.
It says that item is by Devirose from TSR.

the simpack file name is: BagsPradaDecor (object)
It shows up in the launcher as: Bags Prada (object)

In your DCBACKUP Folder the name of the file is :0xc04ff4275f1e297dd52012cfb6bb436c

In the picture above it shows the "all tab" but on your computer/launcher click on the OBJECTS BUY tab to sort even further - the launcher only shows so many items so hopefully this will help.