Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 5:59 PM
Default Auto RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings?
I hope I'm posting in the right place/not being repetitive. I originally asked this in the build forum but thought this would be a better place.

I have Treeag's mods for AutoTestingCheatsEnabledTrue and so on, which is great when I'm playing and realize I just want to make a quick edit without going through a lot of hassle. Of course, if I'm at a LN lot or creating an apartment complex, I can't edit anything without entering RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings False.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make an auto RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings False mod? I never really done much modding but I thought maybe this would be something simple.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 4:56 AM
Sounds like you just need to open up treeag's mod (with a tool like S3PE) and make the necessary changes
Theorist
#3 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 11:29 AM
Are you the one who requested this to me a while back? I actually have compiled something to disable the restriction, I just haven't got the time to test it: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ah687aabjeugk6

As for how to make it, it's very simple actually. You only need to make a script mod and then activate the cheat when the world had finished loading (in OnWorldLoadFinishedHandler):
Code:
World.RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings(false)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 4:47 AM
I actually tried opening one of Treeag's mod in S3PE but didn't see a way to make changes.
Treeag, I didn't request it before, but I'll give your mod a whirl once I get home!
Theorist
#5 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 3:30 AM
Oh, must be another person then, sorry. I got a few private messages about this but I've since deleted them so... Anyway tell me if it worked for you.