Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 6:19 AM
Default Color conflicting CAS items?
Hello, I was curious why do cas creations sometimes conflict with each others colors, for example: when you pick an earing and it messes with eyelashes? Is there a way to fiddle with this in Sims4Studio or another easy way?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 10:41 PM
This is because all items worn by sims share a texture space. TS4 uses one big texture of everything layered together, so new meshes like eyelashes have to put their UVs in an area that is already used by something else.
You can modify what space is being overwritten by editing the UV and the texture (by exporting them into appropriate programs for each) but there is no way to avoid this completely.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
This is because all items worn by sims share a texture space. TS4 uses one big texture of everything layered together, so new meshes like eyelashes have to put their UVs in an area that is already used by something else.
You can modify what space is being overwritten by editing the UV and the texture (by exporting them into appropriate programs for each) but there is no way to avoid this completely.

Thank you, I'm alright at editing textures but I've really gotta work on learning blender.