Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 27
Test Subject
#451 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 8:57 PM Last edited by ThePinkPlumbob : 7th Aug 2018 at 9:00 PM. Reason: Adding Information
Default ATTENTION MAC USERS: Possible Fix for your Mods Not Working!
ATTENTION MAC USERS: If you can not get this or any of the lovely Icemunmun's mods to show up in your game then your computer is not recognizing the rar files. I had a lot of trouble with this and after talking with the creator she has asked me to post how I fixed this. Please note that rar files do not work with Macs so any mods you have downloaded you will need to convert them using a program.

I ended up downloading Unarchiver (You can find it in the App Store or online) which unpacked my rar files and fixed them. THIS IS COMPLETELY SAFE. I was worried about getting a bug but this is safe, you do not have to worry. If you want to know how to use unarchiver it is very simple but here is a link to the website I used to get information: https://appletoolbox.com/2015/10/ho...les-on-mac-osx/

You can unpack them and then put them directly into your mods folder. If you have done it correctly then the file should say "package" (No quotes) instead of "RAR" (No quotes)

NOTE: Once you have this installed you may have a LOT of mods in your mods folder looking like the unarchiver symbol and that means you have mods that were never installed. This came as a shock to me because I had so many missing mods! You can now unpack those mods as well and TRASH the remaining file (That looks like the unarchive symbol) but keep the "package" one.

I hope this will help every Mac user in need! <3
Test Subject
#452 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 11:30 AM
Hey! I downloaded your mod, an is so exited to use it! But, i can't seem to find it in the game? What category is it under?
I have downloaded the main file, black plate, preserve ea and retail shelves? Is that the right files or? Thanks in advance!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#453 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tabitadahl
Hey! I downloaded your mod, an is so exited to use it! But, i can't seem to find it in the game? What category is it under?
I have downloaded the main file, black plate, preserve ea and retail shelves? Is that the right files or? Thanks in advance!

Thank you!
The Canning station should be --- Appliances --- > Stove and the retail shelves --- Surfaces --- > Display
Test Subject
#454 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Thank you!
The Canning station should be --- Appliances --- > Stove and the retail shelves --- Surfaces --- > Display

Okay Thanks!
Test Subject
#455 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 12:26 AM
I've been using the canning station for a while. I was playing with it. Made about 20 preserves and then it stopped working. My sim starts canning, the pot shows up on the stove and then the action is cancelled. I've tried restarting it--the interaction just disappears. I've sold and re-bought the canning station, redownloaded the mod files, and deleted the localthumbcache but canning is suddenly broken. I have no custom harvestables in my game and do not get a last exception. I have the latest version of the game.
Lab Assistant
#456 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 8:34 AM
I love this! A must-have for my farmer sim. However, I was wondering if sims not putting the products in their inventory was intentional? They just seem to lay it at their feet. Is there a simple fix for this?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#457 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda
I love this! A must-have for my farmer sim. However, I was wondering if sims not putting the products in their inventory was intentional? They just seem to lay it at their feet. Is there a simple fix for this?

Since the jars are based of food the sims tend to put them down instead of in their inventory
Test Subject
#458 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda

if there is a fridge next to the station the Sims will put the preserves in
Test Subject
#459 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 3:19 PM
hey any novelties are they planned for this mod?
is it normal that there is no sauce recipe? Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#460 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:15 PM
Wow you seriously are amazing! You're my hero now!! There is literally nothing you missed out! Thank you so much!!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#461 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jona265
Wow you seriously are amazing! You're my hero now!! There is literally nothing you missed out! Thank you so much!!

OMG thank you :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by Jjlu
hey any novelties are they planned for this mod?
is it normal that there is no sauce recipe? Thank you

Hey i was going to upload the sauce recipes earlier but then the season's patch happened and it took me a little time to get everything updated! i will upload the sauces hopefully this month
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#462 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 1:53 PM
Hi! Thank yoiu so much for making these awesome mods that makes cooking fun again! My sims now never stops cooking. I hope to see more food mods from you in the future <3 Lots of love from your friend in Norway ^^
Test Subject
#463 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 10:50 AM
First of all, let me say, you have done an amazing job! I just installed your canning station and everything works great. The only thing is, when you put it on bread is it supposed to go directly to the inventory instead of the sim putting it on the counter or table like other dishes? It took me a while to find it! I thought it wasn't working right.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#464 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:17 PM
Gonna give this a shot! It looks like it would really help out my "nature" Sims. Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#465 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:44 PM
Hi there,

As always, you are incredible and your mods are legit some of my favourites. Don't know where I'd be without you!

Second, if we have custom harvestables in the game and want to use them for jam, but also want to use the EA harvestables, do we have to download both file versions, or will the custom harvestables version cover both custom and EA harvestables? Apologies if this has been asked in the past
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#466 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mistress_overlord
Hi there,

As always, you are incredible and your mods are legit some of my favourites. Don't know where I'd be without you!

Second, if we have custom harvestables in the game and want to use them for jam, but also want to use the EA harvestables, do we have to download both file versions, or will the custom harvestables version cover both custom and EA harvestables? Apologies if this has been asked in the past

Thank you :lovestruc

If you want both EA and custom harvestable preserves, you need both files!
Test Subject
#467 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 9:11 PM
I love this mod so much! I've got it in my game and I have plans to do a retail store selling these jams and such. I use the version that does not require having the harvestables because there isn't much space to build a greenhouse on the lot I'm currently playing, however I notice that it costs $0 to make everything. Is that correct? I figured that if you did the harvestables optional version you'd just have to pay a certain amount for the harvestables (kinda like how you pay if you don't ahve the ingredients to cook).

If it's meant to be that way, it's all good, I just thought it was kinda odd and makes things a bit to easy.
Test Subject
#468 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 8:02 AM
Default Having problems with the mod.
Hey! This is a great looking mod! I'm having a few problems, that I've been trying to isolate to make this mod work, sadly, I don't know what's up. I keep getting a last exception error, even though I took out a good chunk of my script mods. The only thing that's functioning on the mod is the one for making a sauce. Any ideas of what could be causing my troubles?

Edit: So, I took some of the parts out, but only these two in: Canning Base and Canning Retail Shelves. Since I experimented and found out that the preserves do not work within my game. I'm not fully sure why the other parts of the mod doesn't work within my game. Thanks in advance for the reply!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#469 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowDhampire3
Hey! This is a great looking mod! I'm having a few problems, that I've been trying to isolate to make this mod work, sadly, I don't know what's up. I keep getting a last exception error, even though I took out a good chunk of my script mods. The only thing that's functioning on the mod is the one for making a sauce. Any ideas of what could be causing my troubles?

Edit: So, I took some of the parts out, but only these two in: Canning Base and Canning Retail Shelves. Since I experimented and found out that the preserves do not work within my game. I'm not fully sure why the other parts of the mod doesn't work within my game. Thanks in advance for the reply!

Hey...for the Canning station to work and not throw LEs you need -

1. Canning Station Base
2. Preserves_EA or Preserves_EAIngredientOptional
3. Preserves_Custom or Preserves_CustomIngredientOptional
4, Black Plate

Can you post a picture of the options available when you click on the station ?
Test Subject
#470 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 7:20 AM
Hey...for the Canning station to work and not throw LEs you need -

1. Canning Station Base
2. Preserves_EA or Preserves_EAIngredientOptional
3. Preserves_Custom or Preserves_CustomIngredientOptional
4, Black Plate

Can you post a picture of the options available when you click on the station ?

I added those that you listed. Went for the optional for both EA and Customs, as well as the black plate. Now it gives me this post.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#471 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 8:20 AM
I added those that you listed. Went for the optional for both EA and Customs, as well as the black plate. Now it gives me this post.

Hey you must have got an last exception txt file in your EA folder after this. Can you attach the txt file to the comment section ? I will take a look at it! What happens when you click on the canning station ?
Test Subject
#472 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 4:45 PM Last edited by ShadowDhampire3 : 28th Nov 2018 at 4:49 PM. Reason: Not sure if the txt file is coming up.
Hey you must have got an last exception txt file in your EA folder after this. Can you attach the txt file to the comment section ? I will take a look at it! What happens when you click on the canning station ?

Sure thing! I took out all my mods now, save or the canning station. LE doesn't show now, but it still generates an LE file. Here it is.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (6.5 KB, 45 downloads)
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#473 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 8:34 AM
Sure thing! I took out all my mods now, save or the canning station. LE doesn't show now, but it still generates an LE file. Here it is.

Thanks! I will take a look at this! What were the files in your folder when you got this error ? What action triggered it ?
Test Subject
#474 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:39 AM
Thanks! I will take a look at this! What were the files in your folder when you got this error ? What action triggered it ?

All the mod options you told me to input. When the ones for preserves didn't work, I went with the optional ones. I avoided putting them both in at the same time. I tried seeing if it would work without the shelves when I got that message. Then with the shelves, still got that message.ðŸ˜* Not really sure what's causing it. Thank you again for the help. I'm sure that nodding can be a tedious process and I thank you for taking this time to help.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#475 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 8:27 PM
All the mod options you told me to input. When the ones for preserves didn't work, I went with the optional ones. I avoided putting them both in at the same time. I tried seeing if it would work without the shelves when I got that message. Then with the shelves, still got that message.�* Not really sure what's causing it. Thank you again for the help. I'm sure that nodding can be a tedious process and I thank you for taking this time to help.

Hmm...I checked out the LE and it shows that the base mod cannot find some obj definitions...strange ! This can only occur when you you either are missing the preserves themselves or missing the black plate package! You are getting the error as soon as soon as you enter the save or when you do some specific interactions ? Just to clarify the only mods in your folder is the canning station set and MCCC right ?

Every update makes it harder and harder to maintain mods
Page 19 of 27