Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 11:26 AM Last edited by varpunen : 15th Dec 2018 at 11:29 PM.
Default WCIF decorative (fake) cherry tree? (FOUND)
Hi, all. I'm looking for a decorative aka fake cherry tree, either on ground or in a pot but big though, normal tree size or close to that. I'm making a asian festival park but the real trees stay through seasons change, so those won't do. Anyone know where I could find any?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 12:24 PM
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 1:56 PM Last edited by varpunen : 13th Dec 2018 at 2:31 PM.
Thank you. The foliage looks kinda flat and unrealistic compared to the game ones but I'll take them.

Any other suggestions are always welcome, too.
Mad Poster
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 10:58 PM
Thanks, Murfee.

Well, I checked all those trees - both the TSR ones and the ATS one - and they're all in the Trees -category in the build mode. That makes me believe that they won't work as only a deco in the festival lot, since they are not in the Plants -category in buy mode. I could change their category flags but I'm not sure that would make any difference. Ideas?
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:44 AM
There is this one by Arsil, http://modthesims.info/d/577905/hanami.html .
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 2:21 AM
Hello!! ^^
The trees from ATS3 that Murfee posted are not seasoned enabled, the just have tree shadows and wind movement in the foliage.
So they pretty much function as deco just better animated! >>
Sandy states it at the description : '' Still no change with seasons, though, but such a pretty shadow''
I also know about this trees from Ali Express : http://game.ali213.net/forum.php?mo...26typeid%3D3488 (its the first 2 rar files at the bottom, in case you are interested)
Have a nice day :3
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:41 PM Last edited by varpunen : 15th Dec 2018 at 11:29 PM.
Okay, I tested the trees and they do seems to disappear when I changed the season from spring to summer in the buydebug mode. So they should work fine with the festival lot... I hope. I mean there are still trees in the game that also don't react to seasons and all the tutorials say to never place anything from the tree category to any other than to the common mode. I have to do some more testing, I guess. Thanks guys.

Edit: They do work. Thank you.