Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Get Famous - No React In Disgust

by soulkiller Posted 15th Dec 2018 at 2:37 PM - Updated 24th Dec 2018 at 5:32 AM by soulkiller : Text Update Only

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
No, but it is a kick in the teeth when others state your work as irrelevant if it is not on MTS. Like MTS mods get vetted by master coders that make them much more secure and trustworthy compared to other versions. Or folks stating incorrectly how your mods are designed, only removing animations. All totally wrong. And for those who do think modders such as myself are irrelevant because we're not on MTS, I hope to god you don't actually use any of my other mods. I ask that you take them out of your mods folder if you do. Lest you be a two-faced so-and-so. Irrelevant indeed?

Preeeeety sure that they were talking about the other mod that's similar to this one and how the fact that it exists is not relevant to this specific post, not other non-MTS mods in general.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 1:40 AM
LOVE your mods Coolspear! Thanks for all that work you do.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
No, but it is a kick in the teeth when others state your work as irrelevant if it is not on MTS. Like MTS mods get vetted by master coders that make them much more secure and trustworthy compared to other versions. Or folks stating incorrectly how your mods are designed, only removing animations. All totally wrong. And for those who do think modders such as myself are irrelevant because we're not on MTS, I hope to god you don't actually use any of my other mods. I ask that you take them out of your mods folder if you do. Lest you be a two-faced so-and-so. Irrelevant indeed?

The website obviously has nothing to do with the quality of a mod, and I did not talk about that. I did not speak any more about MTS.
I just think we can do a mod even if another one is doing the same thing.

I am sorry if you thought I considered your work irrelevant.
Smeg Head
#29 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 3:50 PM
Hi, Syjin. Just to make it clear, I was in no way having a dig at you at all. I was first actually agreeing with you, then went on to talk about the incorrect message in post 14, whose author does rope my mod in as one of the two mentioned as already existing, no matter how many letter Es you spell pretty with, using plurals and statements to suggest trying both versions mentioned, both tried and failed or not recommended for same animation reasons. Then the remark about being irrelevant anyway. I hope you can understand nothing was meant towards you, only using your comment as an "in" to first answer your question then also set straight incorrect comments about mods, and to highlight it is never a joy to be considered irrelevant for any reason. (Though I can see now it was probably not intended in a mean way by post 14, nevertheless a poor use of phrasing.) If you'd like to talk more on it we should take it to PMs so no clogging up this thread with this stuff.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Instructor
THANKS POST
#30 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 2:06 AM
Merry Christmas and thank you very much - this disgust reaction sort of went on my nerves … :) Thx!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 9:50 AM
Hahaaaa ! Excellent ! 3652 thanks ! Or 3833.
Finished, these pretentious stars ! Hahaha ! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 3:35 AM
I don't even know wth my sim is reacting to in disgust but anytime I walk around this damn thing was popping up.. annoying.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 6:36 PM
UGH! Thank you! I hate it when my girl does that!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 6:19 PM
Thanks for the mod to stop this very weird react.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 12:47 AM
Oh thank you!!! My sim started doing this and the celebrity walk and it annoyed me so much. I got rid of the Celebrity Walk, but I didn't know why she kept stopping to react in disgust. I had no idea it was because she was famous, and thus (i guess) 'holier than thou' with common folk.
Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 2:01 PM
How about no reactions at all?? Its really annoying when my sims stops doing somthing in que to go gawk at a celeberty.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:22 PM
What is so different about this mod than coolspear1's mod? or is this actually coolspear1's mod with a little change to me it seem like a different mod?

Administrator of Her Opinion
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 7:01 PM
Thanks, I had no idea why my sim kept doing that, I thought there some something dirty around I couldn't find.
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 5:26 PM
Does it still work with Strangerville?
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 1:23 AM
Hi! Would you be able to make a mod that stops all reacting? It is super annoying that my sims will stop what they are doing and walk outside (vampires die from this), even while they are reading books! I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 6:12 PM
Does this still work after today's update?
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teresa7676
Does this still work after today's update?

I compared the modded file to the current patch ones. And i see no changes that should cause problems with the mod.

Only real change i see is one value was changed from 1024 to 64, . But the mod already sets this value to zero anyways.. so it shouldn't affect how the mods worked at all.
I guess one of the patches reduced the frequency of the sim action. Not enough imo though as that's the reason i looked for this mod in the first place :P
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 5:12 PM
Welp, my sims are back to reacting in disgust after the latest update.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 14th Oct 2019 at 11:30 AM
Wow! Thank you SO MUCH!!!
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fanaskher
Welp, my sims are back to reacting in disgust after the latest update.

Mine too. What should I do?
Already downloaded the mod again, cleaned the cache files...Nothing works
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 11:45 PM
does this still work??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 11:39 PM
Fucking Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 11:44 AM
Thank you! As of 4/23/2020 it works for me.
Test Subject
#49 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 3:10 PM
Default No more "React in Disgust" Forever
"Global Superstar Sims will no longer get the React with Disgust from other Sims - especially on their wedding… really? This was a thing? <clutches pearls> - Reacting with Disgust will be left for those Celebrity Sims that are not famous and they appear on the Lot - Perfectly balanced, as all things should be"

-UPDATE 3/23/2021
Page 2 of 2