Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 8:20 AM
Default question about object creation
I see there are now some objects and even furniture being created for Sims 3, but I don't see as much of this as other things, such as clothing. I was just wondering, is it still a very hard thing to create a new object in Sims 3? Is it only for expert creators at this point?
Babu
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 8:56 AM
It's not just experts, i'm a n00b at creating but i've successfully imported a longer curtain mesh without any problems. :D
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 4:20 PM
It's not that it's hard, even I could learn and I've never seen a 3D-modeling program before August, it's rather that it takes a really long time. You make meshes, make textures for them, then fit the texture on the mesh, and then just keep correcting the errors that pop up until the object is acceptable. The process itself is long.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 5:11 AM Last edited by babu357 : 6th Oct 2009 at 5:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lemoncandy
It's not that it's hard, even I could learn and I've never seen a 3D-modeling program before August, it's rather that it takes a really long time. You make meshes, make textures for them, then fit the texture on the mesh, and then just keep correcting the errors that pop up until the object is acceptable. The process itself is long.

thanks Lemon candy. I had no idea you were new at this. I have all of your clutter objects..just love them
Could you point me to any tuts for object creation that you've used?
I have made Sims 2 objects before, so maybe I could do this with the right tut.
I just wanted to add, congratulations at winning the CAST content. I just now got back there to see the results.You did a wonderful job of decorating.
Babu
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 1:34 PM
Thanks

Tutorials, well.... I only read DeluxeDesign's tutorial once, which you can find in this forum somewhere (it's getting a little outdated now), I asked Wes Howe a bit about UV-mapping, I used Milkshape's help file and the rest I figured out on my own basically.
But Cocomama is in the process of gathering all the info needed for TS3 meshing so we can make one big tutorial of it one day!