Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 7:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons
Default Multiple roofing patterns on single lots
Is there any way to get several roofing patterns to show up on the same lot? Let’s say someone wanted to build an amusement park with differently-styled buildings in the various “themed” areas, or an oceanside club, where the main buildings had tiled roofs, but they wanted thatch over the tiki bar on the beach… I’m guessing it’s either impossible, or somewhat complicated. I know when I’ve tried in the past, all the buildings on the lot take on the same pattern, so I figured I’d ask.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice:
pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 9:41 AM
As far as I know, no.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 4:56 PM
I think it's only possible with "flat" roofing/floor tiles (and the floor elevation cheat if you want any kind of shape to it - but don't quote me on that one, as I hardly ever use that cheat), or with deco roofs of some sorts.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 10:29 PM
I used flat roofs, CFE and some different trims on the roofs of my magic island amusement park https://modthesims.info/d/574466/magic-island.html I also used some awnings and there is a thatched awning.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think it's only possible with "flat" roofing/floor tiles (and the floor elevation cheat if you want any kind of shape to it - but don't quote me on that one, as I hardly ever use that cheat), or with deco roofs of some sorts.

That’s kind of what I figured. I hadn’t considered deco roofs. The tiki bar is outdoors anyway, so I don’t guess it would matter much whether the roof were actually performing a rooflike function… basically just there to make it look like the guests have a little shade. Okay, thanks!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice:
pull down your pants and slide on the ice.