Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 1:36 PM
Default His 'n' Her Cycle II [Winner Announced! #225 Page 9 - #226 Page 10]

Cycle 2

-- Other

That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, you read it right! If you haven’t heard of this contest before – where have you been? Read along and find out more and, if it piques your interest, rustle up an application!

So what is this all about?

As the title suggests this is a competition for two Sims – your chosen couple; specifically those who are dating/engaged/married. As a result please send in YA or adult couples only.

Couplings: The couple can be male/female, male/male, or female/female; as long as they are a couple, anything goes.

Interspecies couple are also allowed.

Your female Sim can be pregnant.

This is partly a storytelling contest so as a result, you will be required to get those creative juices flowing. There is no limit on how much you can write, but minimum try and write at least 1 paragraph. You want to sell your couples’ story, yes? Get in as much as you can think of, within each Round requirement.

Last cycle’s entries were amazing, so you have a lot to live up this cycle!

Rules

Read each Round Requirement carefully, and don’t exceed the picture amount given. If any of the entrants has a suggestion, I am open to them. For instance, if you think your story will flow better with an extra picture, I may change the RR. I don’t want to limit you!

Picture sizes, keep to the forum rules.

No couples below YA.

If you think there’s a possibility you might have to drop out midway through the contest, please rethink entering. It can be disheartening to have entrants continually drop out. Obviously problems arise in real life that can’t be helped, but there really is no excuse for dropping out because you can’t be bothered continuing.

1 couple per entrant

And remember to have fun. :P

Application

Will require three photographs: one of each half of the couple (2 shots) and (1) shot of them both together. Remember, this is a couple contest so in your shots make sure they really do look like they belong together.

Name
Personality
Brief History
How your couple met
Three photos – female, male, together

Application - Completed
23rd June – 27th June

Round I - Completed
The Meeting That Changed Everything
Posted
27th June - 1st July
Results

Round II - Completed
Trouble in Paradise?
Posted
4th July – 8th July
Results

Round III
Counselling or Cupid’s Arrow
Posted
10th July – 14th July
Results

Round IV
The Future
Posted
19th July – 21st July
Results

The Winner Announced

Entrants
1. DontDieThx: Rahim Faure and Liam Abbots|Round I|Round II|Round III|Final
2. BetteBob: Toby and Riley Logan|Round I|Round II|Round III|Final
3. Noir: Riley and Carter Bennet|Round I|Round II|Round III|Final

Dropped Out
Happycowlover: K.J. Stewards and DerrickThomas
Milkyway: Forrest and Makenzi Hills
1. FashionFrenzy: David and KaLeisha Mc Gowan|Round I
14. Tyana: Nixie Heiss and Christian Braunmann|Round I
9. Havaianascookie: Nikol Sandus and Cyprus Zenus|Round I
7. Tonyaj7: Elizabeth and David Marklin
2. Tlkrn: Aneesa Hitchens and Roman Butler|Round I|Round II
5. Melodyway17: Innocenzo Corvi & Tachibana, Kiyoshi|Round I|Round II

Eliminations
4. Cassieandra: Gerard Dale and Arielle Consort|Round I
1. Kakashi Hatake:Cliff Fittir and Albel Nox|Round I|Round II
3. Emaone: Teagan Daniels and Philipp Fulham|Round I|Round II|Round III
7. Bs624: Brooklyn and Henry Way|Round I|Round II|Round III

Round I Judging
1sy July – 3rd July

Round II Judging
8th July – 9th July

Round III Judging
14th July – 18th July

Round IV Judging
22nd July – 23rd July

Judges
1. Lovelybones
2. WooHoo
3. Fleesh

Emergency Judges
1. TRIriana

So what are you going to be judged on?

This is a storytelling contest, like last cycle so you're going to be judged on your ability to spin you couples' history and future into something funny, sad, happy, scary - whichever path you decide to take. Last cycle there were some very emotive people, and we started to care about the couples as the entrants told their stories. I hope we see that in this cycle too. .

You'll also be judged on your overall creativity, encompassing writing and picture taking - not on your ability to Photoshop, though you can use that if you wish to.

And emotion - like I said before, its fabulous when we can really get into the couples' story, and feel what they're feeling. If your story can make us feel, then you're definitely on the right track!

What won't you be judged on?

You're not going to be judged on spelling or grammar. The Community here has people from various countries, and it's unfair to think everyone can write perfectly in a language that isn't their own.

You're not being judged on your ability to Photoshop; I've seen great pictures taken in game that look amazing with variations in lighting and creative angles. Whichever you feel comfortable using, it's up to you. .

Contest running from 23rd June to 23rd July.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 10:40 PM
Approved 6.23.07
Ends 7.23.07

***Do NOT post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.***

Formerly known as boolPropped
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:08 PM
I'm here everyone. ^^. Let's see those applications!
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:21 PM
Im so Entering. Count me in TRIana
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:30 PM
oooo...can i judge???? please?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:32 PM
I'm entering. I just have to figure out which couple...
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:35 PM
I've got a question I've got a threesom couple, 2 men and a lady. Could I enter them or is it just for two sims? It would be his, his and hers .
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kakashi_Hatake
I've got a question I've got a threesom couple, 2 men and a lady. Could I enter them or is it just for two sims? It would be his, his and hers .

Just two this time; but it's a good idea for another cycle. ^^.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:42 PM
Is super-superb Photoshopping required?
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:47 PM
Okies I'm still going to enter my two boys I've picked for this round, and Miles and Phoenix say hello .
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tonyaj7
Is super-superb Photoshopping required?

Yes you can use Photoshop, but it isn't required .
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 11:56 PM
Default The Mc Gowans
name: David And KaLeshia Mc Gowan

David Mc Gowan

Personality:

David is the best father in the world according to his kids. He loves to play around and make his kids happy. Although he's family oriented his a bit of a flirt to the opposite sex which keeps KaLeshia on her feet.

Brief History:
Davids dad died in the military when he was 21. His mom then passed from cancer. On the day of his dads funeral was the day David made a promise to his dad to join the military and follow in his dads foot steps and be the best he could. To this day now 29 years old he is a Drill Instructor for the military.

KaLeshia Mc Gowan

Personality:

KaLeshia is a busy mother of 3 worried about her kids future more than be in the reality of the present. Shes family oriented but has a hard time staying in reality and realising her kids are only 1 years old twins and a 6 year old girl who need to just have fun for the present.

Brief History:
KaLeshia grew up with a father in law enforcement and a mother who walked out on her at birth. She grew up in a strict household with only her and her father, not having many friends when her dad died she also promised to take up law enforcement. Now 28 years old with two 1 year old twins and a 6 year old daughter has become a cadet still training to become a police officer.

The Mc Gowans

How we Met

The first time we saw eachother was at the hospital, the day both of our dads died. Mines dieing 5 Minutes apart from Davids dad. Crushed at the thought of loosing my dad i still thought he was a cutie. But not until 2 weeks later at a bar did we officially meet. Our first discussions was about our dads and how things were after they passed. 1 year later had passed we got married and moved into a 2 bedroom house and had our first daughter Desiray.

was it ok that they already had 3 kids?
#13 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 12:04 AM
This contest looks like it will be fun! I'm definately considering entering. Just have to choose a couple...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 12:28 AM
I've been waiting for this to become active. I have the perfect couple! I just need to go snap a few pictures of them. :D

If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.
C.S. Lewis
#15 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 1:05 AM
Default Cliff Fittir and Albel Nox-Application

Personality- Cliff is a fighter but he has a heart of gold, at first he seems to be all brawn and no brain but that in itself is very deceptive in some of his actions. He's also a very headstrong person, dedicated to his friends and family. He'd gladly die for them as well, he also possesses superhuman strength and endurance. Some even go so far as to say he's a madman on the battlefield.

Brief History- Cliff founded a group called "Quark" as you may have guessed Cliff is not human he's from a Planet called Klaus III. How he came to Japan is another mystery, rumor has it he left a planet called Elicoor II to escape with his lover Albel Nox who he found there.

Personality- Albel is known in his homeland of Ariglyph as "Albel the Wicked" for his extreme cruelty and wicked ways. He is also an expert swordsman and used to command the Black Brigade before he dissappeared along with Cliff. He can be very bloodthirsty at times, yet he can be very sweet and gentle. Albel is also known to go from one extreme to the other in seconds, sweet one moment and a murderous bloodthirsty monster the next. He is also extremley protective of his family and friends. Albel is also very self loathing and at times has moments where he is nearly inconsoleable, plus he is very socially inept as well. He refers to most people as "fools" "maggots" or "Worms".

Brief History- Albel's falther Glou Nox was killed when Albel was small, he was killed by a dragon in a ceremony native to Albel's homeland of Elicoor 2. Albel's left arm was also very badly burned but thanks to today's technology he was able to get it fixed. Elicoor 2 is a strange land where it is stil in the Dark-ages and therefore the technology that Cliff has is not avaliable. He was found by Cliff in the Dungeon after he was branded a traitor, he was half dead and laying in a pool of his own blood. So Cliff took him and rescued him the two of them escpaed to Japan, where both live hapily now.

Name-Albel Nox and Cliff Fittir
Age-
Cliff-36
Albel-24

Location- Osaka, Japan

How they met- Cliff found Albel in a dungeon, after many run ins with him and his Black Brigade during Cliff's stay on Elicoor(most of the run ins were not good as Albel and Cliff were on opposite sides during a war torn country). He was laying in a pool of his own blood and had been branded a traitor, Cliff took him in and took pity on him. Together the two found themselves in Japan and decided to settle down in Osaka.

((Both are from a favorite video game of mine, like Miles and Phoenix who I entered last cycle))
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 3:01 AM
I'll enter! I watched last cycle and it seemed like a lot of fun. Hmm, to enter a gay or straight couple, I can't decide! LOL

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 4:01 AM
Default |App.| Rahim Faure & Liam Abbots

Name: Rahim Faure
Personality: Outgoing, outspoken, and enthusiastic about life in general, Rahim is the kind of guy who brings a party to life. In fact, that's why he loves going to them-- he feels it's his duty to enliven any social event he comes across. He's quite charming, but tends to act more arrogant than he really is around strangers. Overall, he's a nice guy...as long as you allow for a little bit of mischievousness.
Brief History: Rahim was born in Guyana to a native-born mother and a French Creole father; the family moved when Rahim was 7 to England. After high school, Rahim went straight into the automotive industry. At the age of 25, he decided a college education might suit him better; that decision not only garnered him a degree, but a long-term boyfriend as well.

Name: Liam Abbots
Personality: Shy.
Sweet.
Loves plaid, the band Taking Back Sunday, and boys.
Hates Myspace and lawyers.
Brief History: Liam had a fairly normal life until about the age of 17, when he concluded after several failed relationships that he was more into guys than girls. College proved to be quite an eye-opening experience for him-- especially when he realized he was, for the first time, in love.

How they met: A mutual friend at a college party brought the two together with a few words: "Hey, Rahim, did I ever introduce you to my friend, Liam?" It was a strange moment for Liam, who would've rather been dead than at a party with a bunch of people he didn't know, but Rahim quickly put him at ease.

"You know, you look gorgeous," Rahim remembered uttering after they had been chatting for a while.
"Do I, really?" was Liam's reply.
"Yeah...and I love your plaid pants."

It didn't seem like it at the time, but that was the beginning of the best thing either of the two had ever known: true love.
#18 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 4:12 AM
Default Application
Name: Aneesa Hitchens
Personality: I am an Aries - I love meeting other people and being surrounded by lots of friends. Though I do have many friends, I only open up to a close few.
Brief History: My father was an Army Officer and he met my mother while stationed in Hawaii - I have lived in the states all my life, but chose to leave my family and go to a smaller community college.

Name: Roman Butler
Personality: I'm an Aquarius and a bit of a prankster. Keeping everyone laughing keeps eyes on me and I don't ever have to share my true thoughts or feelings, because I'm just the big goof off in everyone's eyes.
Brief History: I grew up in an abusive home with my dad and 2 younger brothers. My mom couldn't handle it so she split when I was just a kid. Driven to get away from my life I worked part time at a gas station in order to save up money for college.

How We Met: As told by Anessa, "I was studying in the library when someone went streaking through and interrupted my thoughts. As I left that night, there were a bunch of students hanging out on the lawn of the library playing guitars, dancing, and otherwise goofing off. I noticed Roman, but needed to get back to the dorm. Halfway home someone tapped me on the shoulder, it was Roman standing there with a daisy he had picked. I looked at those big blue eyes and melted. We went out the next night and have pretty much been together since."

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:11 AM
Oooh - been a while since I've had a go at contests, and this has peeked my interest~ Hmmmm - question is - who to enter now? *ponders*

Here and back and then again... rinse, lather, repeat...
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:16 AM
tklrn nice couple there really cute
#21 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:47 AM
oooh this looks awesome! i wanna enter! :D:D:D
be right back.
#22 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FashionFrenzy
tklrn nice couple there really cute

Thanks a lot!! :nod:
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 8:30 AM
ohh im so guna enter im guna find for a man for my sim :P
cookie
Field Researcher
#24 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 8:54 AM
Default Toby and Riley Logan
Hello, my name is Riley.
I'm Toby, and we're the Logan's
I'll be telling you a little about Toby
and lucky me, I get to tell you about my wonderul wife!
We live in Simi Valley, California with our two children, Ridley(7) and Laurie(nearly 2). Toby is currently 29 years old and being the dramatic sort is adamently denying the fact that he will be turning 30 in just a few short weeks.
Oh, I'm the dramatic one? You refuse to let me reveal your age and you're calling me dramat...
Anyway, he was born Toby Ryan Logan on August 15, 1977 and is one of four in a set of quadruplets. He has two sisters and one brother, Addy, Ava, and Thomas. Toby credits his easy going attitude and lust for life to his mother, Jovi, who managed to raise four rambunctious children on her own. Toby has never met his father, doesn't even know his name or what he looks like, all he knows is that his father wears a pink bunny suit. As for personality, if Toby had to be summed up in one sentence "an absolute goof and fantastic father" would say it all. Throughout his life Toby has always been the first to tell a joke or pull a prank. The fun-loving and optimistic outlook that he has on life has certainly made being a dad that much more fun and that much easier. Oh well, if he was just creamed in the face by strained peas by our one and a half year old son, Toby is likely to throw a spoonful right back.
Alright, alright enough about me, its my turn. My gorgeous wife was born on June ...
don't you dare
18 ..
please Toby don't
197-
TOBY! you promised
ok ok ok. Her full name is Riley Jane (Leigh) Logan. In comparison to my childhood her's was fairly quiet. She's an only child raised by somewhat hippieish ...
they weren't hippies
well they didn't dress like hippies but their life philosophies were hippieish
ya i guess they were
... by somewhat hippieish parents. Although Riley is the more grounded and practical one she also has a very bubbly and fun personality. She's not the type to worry if the dishes are washed or if the kids' toys are picked up, one of her goals is to just enjoy life and take time to live it to the fullest. Our home is a very happy one, with lots of smiles and laughter and weekly sessions of family dances in the living room in our underwear.

I love that picture
That was the beginning of our weekly underwear dances
I was pregnant with Ridley wasn't I?

Ok, back on task. How we met

How did we meet?
Toby you don't remember?
I'm only kidding. I remember. How could I forget? I was 17 and you were the most beautiful creature my eyes had ever had the privilege of looking upon.
Really? You mean that?
Of course I do.
Like you said you were 17 and I was ... um that's not important. I was introduced to Toby by his sister Ava. We were in drama together in high school and became pretty good friends. Usually when a friend tells you she wants to hook you up with her brother its not a good thing but Ava certainly knew what she was doing. Toby and I hit it off instantly and have been together ever since.

If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.
C.S. Lewis
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 11:42 AM
Added all of your applications. They're looking good, ^^. We also have our first judge.

Page 1 of 10