Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 10:36 PM
Default Looking for BIG money making strategies w/ nectar making
I have a Sim that- well, the whole neighborhood is ridiculously wealthy thanks to generations of inheritances- started off w/ a 300+K inheritance. She made it to 500K to achieve that LTW. Now there's a 1Million LTW and that's a reeeeeeally long way from 500. She makes nectar and I know the basic strategies; All Life fruit all the time. I have the list of Amazing nectar recipes. I have 3-4 nectar machines so she can just keep milling them out w/ no wait time given she has the ingredients. I have the basement w/ the superior racks waiting to go. She's lvl 8 gardening & lvl 7 nectar making, working on maxing those out. And she has a small garden waiting patiently for all the fruits to get to "Perfect" before she mass gardens the heck out of her yard. But, I feel like I'm floundering.

I've seem people making 7 figures w/ this profession. I'm looking for those tips to help get me to 7 figures fairly quickly. Right now she can only really make 5 renoir & 5 apple nectar which is "Amazing", but it's the lowest tier. Waiting on the rest of the fruits to get to "perfect" to harvest and then start storing those. If you know any serious tweaks, tips that aren't really apparent I'd love to know. She has the snob trait so it suits her that she's all about the money, at least for right now.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:03 AM
If you have dragon valley, each green dragon can harvest once an hour, so you can get a couple of them, keep them on the ground in or around your house, and pick them up one at a time (bc you can only ever carry one of each color in your inventory) and harvest your garden more frequently.

There's a lifetime happiness reward for gardening that helps the quality of your plants, I believe it's called Super Green Thumb.

Sprinklers make a huge difference for large gardens, especially if you have the handiness to make them auto-watering (or if you just like to use debug enabler to cheat them to be that way like I do, lol)

Carl's Guide has some tips for making the best valued nectar's here: link
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 4:43 PM
Where are you selling your wine, er, nectar at? It can be sold to the nectary registers but you only get the basic amount it's worth. Nectar can also be sold at the consignment store (Ambitions) and the Elixir store (Supernatural). While those aren't a guaranteed sell, and you likely won't have all of your bottles sell in one day, they may sell for above the base price of the bottle. You can also get the lifetime reward 'suave seller' that boosts how much your goods sell for plus the boosts you can get off of having a good reputation at the shops.

As a note on recipes, recipes only alter how much of a moodlet you get when you drink the nectar- not how much they sell for. So a nectar with an amazing flavor combination won't necessarily sell for more money.