Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#101 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 11:52 PM
just started playing half life 2 episode 2... i am missing stuff because i never played the ones prior to this... but it's still very entertaining!!
Advertisement
#102 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 12:01 AM
Halo 3 I'm playing it on my friend's 360 as multiplayer, and man oh man this has to be my new favourite game now. I've basically finished single player mode.

I've re-kindled my love for GTA Vice City after watching Scarface for the millionth time last weekend. I'm going through all the missions again and trying to finish the game without cheating. Its pretty hard but I love it.

Guitar Hero is pretty nifty too. Its a fun game to play at parties because all the guys get upset and throw tantrums when they miss the riffs. I love the wah-wah effect you can do to. I basically do that to all the notes I play :P

I'm not usually into war games but Battlefield 2 is super.

And now for my favourite game.

BIOSHOCK

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/b/bioshock/

Holy mother. I started playing this game on valentines day, and let me just say one thing... I FREAKEN LOVE IT! :D
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 12:08 AM
Not really too many but....

-C&C3
-Guild Wars
#104 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 12:29 PM
Right now I'm obsessed with Guitar Hero and The Sims Online. I got into Everquest II for a bit but *shrugs*
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:06 AM
Default Ealand Beta
I am playing Ealand Beta.. there is going to be a ton of new changes made to the old TSO.. there are a ton of changes already.. peeps can play free to see what the game is like.. There will be restrictions ofcourse.. try it out !

Did you know these colors that you're shinin' are
Surely not the best............. Crossfade
Test Subject
#106 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:26 PM
Recently, I've been mastering the art of procrastination and so decided to start playing Fire Emblem again. I'm replaying Sacred Stones at the minute, but now I'm having hankerings for Lyn and her cohorts...

Funny how my FE revival conveniently coincides with the fact that I have an as yet unstarted essay due in tomorrow. oh noes!
Field Researcher
#107 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 1:58 PM
I'm obsessed with Everquest 2 I never seem to tire of it. Lord of the Rings Online is getting there too, I just don't have the time to immerse myself as much as I'd like in it atm. MMORGs take up so much of the players time, lol
Scholar
#108 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:26 PM
Right now, I admit I'm hooked on Cooking Mama. Laugh if you want, it's been keeping me entertained on the long bus rides to and from school. It's surprisingly fun and addictive when you get into it.

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:27 PM
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 4:10 AM
Currently, I'm replaying Mechwarrior 4 : Mercs and Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour.

I've got Sins of a solar empire all ready to be installled.
Field Researcher
#111 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 4:28 AM
TWILIGHT.

PRINCESS.

'nuff said.
Scholar
#112 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:48 AM
I love Twilight Princess Midna is too awesome for words, gotta love the little imp

SixWordStories
Field Researcher
#113 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:54 AM
I'm on my second round of it currently xD my first round in is currently clocking in at roughly 51 hours. I wish I could try the Wii version, too!
#114 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:55 AM
I love playing Hot Dish & Wedding Dash =]
Scholar
#115 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:56 AM
I've got the Wii version of Twilight Princess, and it is ridiculously fun to swing at things and chop them to bits. I've really gotta do another go around for that game, but the brother has been hogging the Wii to play brawl :P

(and that means you've beat the game right princess? If so, then you totally get why I love Midna so much :D)

SixWordStories
#116 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:57 AM
I am going to admit it: for the 360

OBLIVION + EP!!!

It is just amazingly fun.
Field Researcher
#117 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slytherin-girl
and that means you've beat the game right princess? If so, then you totally get why I love Midna so much :D

TOTALLY get it. xD *high five*
#118 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:51 AM
Beside The Sims2,

Call of Duty 1, United Offensive, 2 and 4 because I in a clan and it good War games

Half Life2 Episode 1 and 2. The graphics are pretty and the story line is good.

F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R Extraction Point. The Girl Intrigues me when I first seen the box of the game. Its Gory, scary (Play in full light if you don't like to be scared) and it messes up your mind.

No One Lives Forever 2 In Harms Way. I know it is violent not much as Fear but its funny and has a good score. Also I like the first one to but It won't play in this computer for some reason.

Caesar IV. A good building and managing game. BTW I just got Sim City 4 and Rush Hour. If the sales girl tells me that Caesar IV is more complex then Sim City 4 I be right. In The Sims2 I am mostly constructive. In Sim City 4 I build the city of my dreams and I will be Destructive. Role in the tanks.

Need For Speed Most Wanted and Under Ground Two. When I need for speed that what I play

Portal. A good puzzler that takes the cake.

Tiger Woods 2004, 2005 and 2006. Good golfing game.

That is all

Gerza71
#119 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 6:45 PM
Jeanne D'arc, FATE, Daxter
Scholar
#120 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 6:59 AM
I don't seem to do anything else lately. I just finished Bioshock and thought it was fantastic. I don't usually play FPshooters because I find them repetitive and boring, but I was intrigued from start to finish. I'll have to check out some more of my husband's collection of games.

I'm pretty much always playing Sims 2, Children of the Nile and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and it's expansions. They aren't really the kind of games that you ever finish. I also keep starting Sim City Societies over again, each time they release a new patch. I'm one of the lucky ones who has never had a single crash.

I'm also about 2/3 of the way through Oblivion GoTY, but I'm giving it a rest before beginning Shivering Isles. I just started Lost Odyssey this afternoon to replace my RPG fix.

I'm playing Lego Star Wars with my husband (we have a blast with those kiddie games), and we have a never ending battle of Tiger Woods going too.

But the game that really has my attention right now, the one I can't stop playing...is this crazy puzzle-RPG game named Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. It is so addicting.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 7:18 AM
Well, my hubby and I just got an XBOX 360. I LOVE VIVA PINATA! I think I sat there for four hours playing it the first time.
Also, I'm loving Dead Rising and Condemed. I can't wait until the end of this month for GTA4. I already paid for it, just have to pick it up the day it's released! So excited!!
#122 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthesis
Something that might interest ElPresidente....I've recently fallen back in love with Silent Hunter 3, thanks to GWX 2.0, and the awesomeness that is the S-Boot Mod.

Essentially, the S-Boot mode replaces the useless Type II "Dugout Canoe" U-Boat with the awesomely fun Schnellboot, a German torpedo-boat. You've only got four torpedoes, but there's something to be said about charging a British ship at 35 knots and firing your torpedoes at the last second. You should check it out, ElPrez, if you haven't already.

I've just recently gotten into SH3 and SH4 myself. Still playing vanilla versions of both games, since I'd like to complete at least one campaign in each before I try supermods like GWX. It's the only thing that's managed to break my Sims 2 addiction.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#123 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval
I don't seem to do anything else lately. I just finished Bioshock and thought it was fantastic. I don't usually play FPshooters because I find them repetitive and boring, but I was intrigued from start to finish. I'll have to check out some more of my husband's collection of games.

If you enjoyed Bioshock try and source System Shock 2. It is effectively the spiritual predecessor to Bioshock and is a better game even if it isn't as pretty.

Quote: Originally posted by aeval
But the game that really has my attention right now, the one I can't stop playing...is this crazy puzzle-RPG game named Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. It is so addicting.

Wonderful little game. Same team behind the Warlords games of ages past. Go Australia! :P

Oh and the word is addictive, not addicting. Sorry it is a pet peeve of mine that litters American games journalism so I do my darndest to stomp it out. :D

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Scholar
#124 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElPresidente
If you enjoyed Bioshock try and source System Shock 2. It is effectively the spiritual predecessor to Bioshock and is a better game even if it isn't as pretty.

Well, there's a clear difference. SS2 was scary. Bioshock was not.

And in the issue of "addictive" versus "addicting", I suggest you get over it ElPres. It's common knowledge that the United States and Australia speak different forms of English, and you'll never make any headway, no matter how hard you try. What can do you though, right?

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#125 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 4:45 PM
It isn't an 'American' thing. The use of the word addicting in that context is incorrect no matter what form of 'english' you speak.

Addicting is a verb. Addictive is an adjective. The English language is a beautiful thing, treat it with respect and it... err... will do something cool. I promise. :D

But yes, I agree. Bioshock is not scary (though it did try to be - don't get me wrong I loved the game but scary it wasn't) and SS2 is pants fillingly creepy. :D

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)

Page 5 of 63