Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:00 PM Last edited by PuddingFace : 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:19 PM.
Default A new life simulation game
So I saw this ad for a new life simulation game on youtube. It's a kickstarter project. From what I saw it's like Sims but in a futuristic world. There will be more life stages then in Sims infant, toddler, kid, child, teen, YA, A, Elder, Senior. And objects will be interactive apparently and have their own physics. The video previews are pretty good, the graphics look great though the animation is a little stiff.

I've seen ambitious projects like this before but they usually get cancelled. They also have a pretty high goal in kickstarter $710.407 which they wish to complete by 11 November 2018 and they only have like $475 so far. So unfortunately it looks like it'll be cancelled. Kind of a shame since it looked good. But their goal does seem unrealistic to me. I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Anyway I just wanted to share this. This kind of game is so rare.

This is the link btw https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-ex/description

Edit:- Ok I looked at other Kickstarter projects and maybe high goals like that are not as unrealistic. I don't look at Kickstarter much so I wouldn't know what's a high goal and what's low. But still $710.407 by 11 November seems like unrealistic expectation a bit.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:16 PM
Ever notice how all these "life simulators" have a theme, a predetermined goal and some sort of nonsensical reason for not actually being a life simulator? Well I don't think I'm interested until anyone creates an actual life simulator, the way it's understood.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:18 PM
Nah. If I can't make my sims, and if it doesn't make satire of common life, it's just not the same.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Ever notice how all these "life simulators" have a theme, a predetermined goal and some sort of nonsensical reason for not actually being a life simulator? Well I don't think I'm interested until anyone creates an actual life simulator, the way it's understood.

Yes, it has to be sand box. I don't like the scripted play in WA or ITF. I usually tell relevart emit to find his own power cells. I don't like story play!

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:23 PM
I think there will be a character creator. They said you'll be able to make your own character or play with premade ones. Maybe this is like combining Simcity with Sims? IDK.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:08 AM
Kinda intrigued.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.